UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doings

Yantan

Aww bless the little staffie :wub:

I am losing track of the guys I am talking to. I have a date with one tomorrow, one on Wednesday maybe and have yet to plan a date with the other one!!! This is going to be hard work when I'm back at work full time! :laugh: :unsure:

There is a video of the Virgin jumbo landing, the pilots did an amazing job. Credit to their training, skills and degree of calmness. It just looked like a normal landing, but when she comes to a stop she is a bit lopsided!

I was watching the coverage on one of the news channels Jayne. Scary times for the passengers. Many commented on the calmness and professionalism of all the crew members.

Aw, wonder what got into that old Staffy's head.

Our JRT once took himself off on the bus to Workington. When the bus pulled in at the bus station there all the passengers and the driver got off. When the next driver came along to take over our dog wouldn't let him on the bus so they had to take it out of operation. Fortunately a Keswick driver pulled in and on finding out about the JRT hijacking a bus went over to have a look. He knew my grandad well and so recognised our dog. This was back in the 70's and we didn't have a phone at home so the driver phoned his own house and got his wife to go round to ours and let my grandad know of his dog's whereabouts. My grandad was out with his life long pal looking for his dog so that meant my nanna had to go round looking for HIM!

Anyway she found him eventually and he marched back home to get the car to set off for Workington. His old pal went with him. About 2 miles out from Workington my grandad's friend screeched at him to pull up. He thought he'd spotted our dog padding along heading in the direction of Keswick - and he had. It was our dog. Someone had accidently opened the bus door after it had been closed it to keep the dog in there for my grandad to pick up. The little fella, fed up with game of soldiers, hopped off and decided to leg it home. He'd negotiated heavy traffic in the busy town centre and found his way to the correct road leading back here - out of many leading out of Workington butin different directions.

• Like 1

Made me laugh Yantan, and I needed to. I have just been on Facebook and got upset with people using bad language and saying hateful things. It was someone I don't know posting on the page of someone I like so did not want to start a brawl. That is the trouble with being in lost and found or rescue work. You have to stay in communication with anyone who can help, even if you think their friends are rubbish.

owl, i attended that meeting you posted about...thanks, it is now not a dog control order but a public space control order....psco and a total nightmare, the meeting was well attended with over 100 people there and that was without any form of proper publicity

Moaning :tired:

Stuff to do today, including taking the U-bend off the bathroom sink because I think there's summat stuck in there. Deep joy.

Today I'm also switching to Sky broadband. Good feckin' riddance to BT - I will never use them for anything again (I know I'll still be using a BT line via Sky but that can't be avoided).

I look like the terminator with one bright red eye lol however am managing with my varifocal prescription glasses that I had before the op to wear over my contact lens its not exactly the right prescription which I'll obviously need updating but its fine for now around the house - not sure it will be good enough to work with but we'll see how I get on this week I'm not due back in work after Xmas until next week and I'd warned them I may be off a further week on top so we shall see. My eye feels a bit on the sore side hard to describe it but I suspect its a wee bit swollen and tender where it was operated on and that'll get better as it heals, its not bad enough to even need pain killers or anything, just a bit achy.

Gooster did you mention you like planes at all in your advert ? I hope you find someone you like and who has a plane :)

I have a new phone app I am sure you already have called Flightradar24 where I can see all the planes in the world and point my phone at the sky every time one goes over head and see all the details . I nearly applied to a be a air traffic controller about 16 years ago as I was doing a similar job with train control at the time and I knew I was good under stress and multi tasking which they were looking for but Aisling was very young and the training was residential so I stuck with trains.

of course now I shave dogs testicles and I don't even get paid, where did it all go wrong !!!!!

• Like 1

Hope the eye soon feels less sore Snow, it'll be worth it in the end.

Alex..apparently Sky doesn't work when it snows (according to a lot of irate people in Tesco!), we've been with BT for years..straight broadband, not fibreoptic as there isn't any round here, and maybe we've been lucky but we've never had any problems. My son dahn sarf has Virgin cable for everything and it's always going wrong so even if we do eventually get cable I think we'll stick to what we have.

Poor Dylan is hating the snow and ice, we haven't taken him for a walk since it snowed then froze as it really hurts his paws, and his balance is dreadful now, it takes very little for him to be staggering like a drunk, poor lad. I hope it isn't a condition that progressively worsens, don't want to have to lose our boy for a good few years yet.

• Like 1

owl, i attended that meeting you posted about...thanks, it is now not a dog control order but a public space control order....psco and a total nightmare, the meeting was well attended with over 100 people there and that was without any form of proper publicity

Sorry, was not I who posted about it :(

We have been out for the first decent walk since the snow arrived. I tried out my anti slip widgets that you put on over your shoes. They work well :)

The old staffy I mentioned earlier was not handed in by Tube staff. They had him for a while then turned him loose on Clapham Common. He was lucky that someone nice found him and handed him in to Battersea. I am fuming!

I will post the story, as told by him, in Doggie Chat.