UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doings

Yantan

I got back just before 11.15am but Tesco's had been and gone. It was all stowed safely at my next door neighbours and is now put away in my kitchen. There wasn't that much really, more the fresh stuff than anything. I got a big order last week and as I had almost £55 in vouchers it paid for much of it.

The road alongside Bass lake and onwards was getting flooded but I got through OK. If this rain keeps up though I can see them shutting that road before long. This isn't Christmas weather at all :(

I'm trying to teach my American friend, Lynne, how to make a trifle via email. She made a Christmas cake complete with almond paste and royal icing last year after I sent her the recipe and her family loved it so now she wants to try a traditional British trifle. We are always swapping recipes and we both love exploring traditional dishes and family recipes from each others countries. :jammin:

• Like 2

I love trifle, cant make one, must buy one!

im so annoyed! a lovely lady is like me, helps rehome dogs. I got asked to help a yorkie, her friend was looking for one, so all she had to pay was the petrol. I gave the transporter the money as they lady was giving it to me in 2 days. that was over a month ago! Ive been asked to help other dogs but not going to lose out again

ill be putting something on her wall if I don't hear by tomorrow

*fingers crossed* Alex xx

Braved Lidl at 8am this morning as it opened, made me giggle to see that it was mainly ladies my age or older all wearing the exact same determined expressions :biggrin: all of us clutching lists as well lol I was back home by 8:40 as I was leaving the car park was just about full, but I sailed through and even walked right up to the checkout with no one in front of me. Unfortunately they didn't have everything I wanted - sods law really its just 4 or 5 things most of which we could manage without but we eat an awful lot of pate at Christmas and it was Pate they didn't have so one of us will have to brave Tesco later ....and its not going to be me, I have done ALL of the Xmas shopping so far both the pressies and the food, and in my book "how did it go?" does NOT mean the same thing as "thank you".

Alicia you can get a rubber grippy pad thingy for opening jars. I have one and it's invaluable. As you haven't got one right now you can release the pressure in the lid by stabbing it with a fork or sharp knife or hold it under hot water for a while - just the lid not the jar though.

Wooohooo Yours Sale started early and for once unlike the Evans sales they had loads and loads of stuff in my size, so I've just bought a micro fleece, 3 long sleeved drawstring tops and 2 bras delivered for £40! BARGAIN! I need the tops as soon as Xmas is over I am covering my bosses job as she's leaving this week so I'll be in the office 3 days a week as well as going to meetings etc. so needed a couple more smartish casual work tops but I didn't want to spend a fortune as it's only until March *fingers crossed*

Well I have just spent last week's wages at Yours! Thanks for the offer Snow but I looked at my inbox and I found an email from then that had the free delivery code so used it :)

Amongst other things I have ordered 2 pairs of kecks, a microfleece hoodie, a blouse, knickers and PJ's. I wish I wore dresses as they have some lovely ones. I didn't get any more bras as I when I thought about it I realised that I still have 2 as yet unopened plus the other 5 I am wearing from Yours.

I have deep cleaned the bathroom and have rewarded myself with a coffee and cinnamon bagel.