UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

im glad they can have the funeral now xxx

ruddy dog! back door is open, so while im in the kitchen, he wees on the sofa, panics, jumps down and carries on weeing on the carpet, spinning as he does it. I have the trail to show me what happened.

the crate pad I had on the sofa is sodden and hasn't got a zip so that will have to be thrown. the sofa cover is in the wash.

I haven't washed the carpet yet as my body is at its worst in the morning.

and ive been invited out for dinner.

ooo got everything out to go in the slow cooker. would be a good idea if I put it in it lol

I hope your day is better than mine x

:wavey:

I'm glad the girl's body has made its way back to her family.

Suzeanna, good luck for Tuesday. Easy to say, but try not to worry too much :flowers:

Jazz, enjoy the meal out, and I hope the clean up goes well - one of the downsides of having dogs I guess.

Snow, I hope you've made it safely to the funeral :flowers:

Jayne, I hope the happy pills work :GroupHug: My sister (in Canada) has been having a bit of a mental health crisis (amongst other things) recently, and we've been shocked at how little support there seems to be for depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues. It seems to be a general attitude of sort yourself out, or if you're lucky take these pills and stop bothering us. She has finally, after a lot of chasing from my mum, got a bit of help, but it wasn't easy and she came very close to not making it through this time. It seems the situation here is pretty similar - the health service isn't geared up to help with any mental health issues very well.

In other news, our house is now on the market. Estate agents seem pretty useless, and there hasn't been much interest, but its a quiet period with schools going back so hopefully it'll pick up soon. exOH has started seeing someone else, which was a bit of a kick in the guts, but not really my business any more I guess. Kia has a poorly foot that I'm still trying to decide whether it needs a vet or not - she seems to have had a massive blister between two of her toes which has burst and she's pulled the skin off. I'm hibiscrubbing it, but not sure if it'll need ABs or not, as being between the toes its quite a dirty damp area which tends to be a good environment for bacteria.

Rather a sad theme to the posts today, and I'm afraid I'm adding to it. I walked Rosie up past the flat where the lady was found dead about a month ago, and the council were there with a lorry, clearing the flat. All her things were stacked on the lawn, and what finished me was the box of Christmas decorations. She put those away last year with no idea she wouldn't be using them again. Good thing I didn't see anyone on the walk as I cried for half of it. I didn't even know her that well, but I found it so sad that her life ended up like that.

Sophie, hope Kia's foot clears up, can you buy a boot for it to protect it from dirt?

Sam I'm glad the little girl's body came back. My ex's brother was drowned at Gosport when he was 25, we had to wait nearly two weeks before his body washed up along the coast so the funeral could be held, it was very hard.

Hope you got to the funeral ok Snow, and it wasn't too traumatic for all concerned.

Jazz, you are a saint! I couldn't cope with a dog which fouled in the house all the time I'm afraid, he would be looking for a home pronto.

:wavey:

I'm glad the girl's body has made its way back to her family.

Suzeanna, good luck for Tuesday. Easy to say, but try not to worry too much :flowers:

Jazz, enjoy the meal out, and I hope the clean up goes well - one of the downsides of having dogs I guess.

Snow, I hope you've made it safely to the funeral :flowers:

Jayne, I hope the happy pills work :GroupHug: My sister (in Canada) has been having a bit of a mental health crisis (amongst other things) recently, and we've been shocked at how little support there seems to be for depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues. It seems to be a general attitude of sort yourself out, or if you're lucky take these pills and stop bothering us. She has finally, after a lot of chasing from my mum, got a bit of help, but it wasn't easy and she came very close to not making it through this time. It seems the situation here is pretty similar - the health service isn't geared up to help with any mental health issues very well.

In other news, our house is now on the market. Estate agents seem pretty useless, and there hasn't been much interest, but its a quiet period with schools going back so hopefully it'll pick up soon. exOH has started seeing someone else, which was a bit of a kick in the guts, but not really my business any more I guess. Kia has a poorly foot that I'm still trying to decide whether it needs a vet or not - she seems to have had a massive blister between two of her toes which has burst and she's pulled the skin off. I'm hibiscrubbing it, but not sure if it'll need ABs or not, as being between the toes its quite a dirty damp area which tends to be a good environment for bacteria.

Sophie, Vetzyme powder might keep it dry

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/veterinary-supplies-wound-care-products-c-141_169/vetzyme-antibacterial-powder-40g-p-3386

he doesn't do it all the time, just goes through bouts of it. you see him panic, like there is a demon behind him.

ive just been out for lunch with my daughter in law. very nice. went to the beefeater

just making my bed, clean sheets tonight, nothing nicer

Thanks everyone - my brainwave this morning paid dividends I was the first to arrive as there apparently had been an accident on the other route in so everyone else got held up in massive tailbacks, plus my friends all had the same issues with their sat navs and were at one point all being sent in the wrong direction. Very odd. Whereas I sailed through and had a nice drive though admittedly winding single track lanes but very picturesque and no hold ups at all and as the road went directly past the pub where the wake was being held I had the advantage of knowing the route back from the crem to the pub. Anyway the funeral was lovely though very emotional - lots of tears; I was fine until I saw her husband arrive and he got out of the car and gave me a hug at which point I broke down and had a good old cry. Just ordered a Dominos pizza for delivery for our tea not something I do very often as I think they are extortionate even with their "offers" but Viv would have said enjoy it while you can so sod it I will.

Not a good day for most of us. The tawny owl now at owl hozzy is not doing well. It won't feed itself, has to be fed like a baby owl, and seems as if it can't see although its eyes are clear. It may have something serious.

Lovely evening, though. We are off out to enjoy it.

Owl, I imagine you're checking Wispa for signs of harvest mites, I walked Rosie in stubble fields recently and she hasn't stopped chewing her feet since. I hope the owl improves, but it doesn't sound good if it can't see despite no visible injuries to its eyes. :unsure:

My son in law flies out to Alonissos tomorrow to join my daughter for two weeks, then they come home together. Even with the pleasant temperatures we've been having she's going to find it a shock to the system, during the summer they've had over 40 degrees and even now it's high 20's.

Archie was super excited to see Esther this morning. She's taken him for an hour-and-half walk and same again tomorrow. She said she'd do her best to rid him of some of his energy. Good luck with that!

I'm not having Evie tomorrow as I have too much work on. She may come for a visit with mummy sometime over the weekend though :)

Sorry to hear people are feeling down/lost friends/ having a rough time, hopefully things will get better for everyone

Yantan, hope archie enjoyed his walk, we have been on ours and i am knackered Lol i look like a flippin beetroot too

some piccies from our walk (can't believe how big her tongue is Lol)

WP_20140911_004_zps22b47277.jpg

WP_20140911_003_zps4bcb9d9f.jpg

WP_20140911_002_zpsb31b7482.jpg

• Like 2

She's looking lovely griff :wub:

I hope archie enjoyed his walk.

blackmagic, thanks for that link, I will get some in as it looks useful to have.

I ended up taking Kia to the vet yesterday, as she was hopping on 3 legs all day which was a detioration over the previous day where she'd been weight baring but limping. Much to her disgust the vet decided it probably would do best with bandaging, so she's now sporting a fetching pink bandage, which clashes just a bit with her ginger fur :rolleyes: She was incredibly grumpy about it all last night and wouldn't talk to me at all, but seems to have grudgingly forgiven me today. This was her 'I hate you look' from yesterday:

ExyZ05vl.jpg

Thankfully we've managed to do away with the cone as she's being a good girl and leaving the bandage alone now.

I have ginger fur hair and I wear pink a lot and I think Kia's bandage looks lovely on her. I hope she is soon over it though :GroupHug:

Lovely photos Sophie :wub_anim:

Archie had a lovely time thank you.

My work has just been collected and the next lot dropped off. It's a lot. A lot a lot. Well that's me working all weekend then. Never mind - I shall think about the £'s I'm making.