UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

Could be something to do with this

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/worsthit-gp-surgeries-to-gain-bailout-as-nhs-admits-reforms-strike-poor-hardest-9667439.html

One of our local surgeries withdrew from the NHS last year.

One GP left suddenly ( after threatening a patient with a gun) , another went on long term sick leaving one GP working.

The practice would have had to employ two locums to make up the staff but could not afford to so they handed the practice back to the NHS who have put in various locums to cover. They are paid by NHS rather than by the practice as previously.

While the surgery continues to run there is not the continuity of care as the locums come and go.

We use a local , rural surgery. Because we are remote we do not come under NHS 24 for Out of Hours cover.

So, NHS Scotland provide, and pay for, a locum doctor.

This could be one of our own gp's who wants some extra money, a retired doctor from the local area or a visiting locum from abroad.

Last winter we had a locum from Barcelona. She had never seen snow never mind drive on it, and came to rural, higland Scotland in the dead of winter.

She also had to negotiate single track roads.

She ended up in a ditch at the side of one these roads. She was not hurt, fortunately.

Marion, I love liver.

Jane about 90 minutes before I used to see my personal trainer I would eat a small banana with peanut butter and used to fuel me with being to heavy in my tummy

I will join the ranks of broken refuge member with my knee, it's not been right for a few months but 2 days ago I tried to do a forward lunge which had been avoiding doing and I know it's buggered because the pain was so bad I thought I would vomit

Luckily I have found a physio who trained in Australia so I am going go and see her and get it fixed

How's the Scotland vote going ? The pound has lost 10% of its value against the rupee in the last 3 weeks because of the uncertainty

Moaning :tired:

Murtle - I hope you manage to find another doctor :flowers:

Sam - healing thoughts for your poorly knee :GroupHug: The Scottish independence thingy is turning into a bit of a farce from what I've seen. It's pretty much neck and neck in the polls so it'll be interesting to see.

I am working from home today and am hoping to then be on holiday until Tuesday but it depends on what actions I get from today. Fingers crossed.

I feel for the Spanish doctor suddenly driving in the Highlands in midwinter. It must have been terrifying.

HLGS please look after your knee. They take longer to get right than other joints.

I am off today to spend a couple of days with aunt in Barnet. She gets frailer by the day. Her district nurse says she should have the free care at home which is available to people declared to be terminally ill and should be found a hospice place asap. The GP practice panel has overruled this after one of them checked her BP and heart. They say her heart failure, Parkinsons, coeliac, lung fibrosis and possible lung cancer are no worse than a month ago and she must continue to pay for home care or go into a care home. She will not go into a care home because of all the abuse cases. She will not come to me although this house is well fitted out for invalids with stairlift etc as she is afraid that I will put her in a home. She is having morning carers which she pays for. She now says she does not need them, but she is too weak to wash herself so she certainly does. It's a nightmare.

Sorry to hear that Jazz...it's a b*gger when the treatment for one thing causes something else! Can they do anything?

Glad to say after seeing the consultant...same one who did my op..and having a scan, I have scar tissue, nothing worse. What a relief! I felt for one woman there, she was practically chewing her nails up to her elbows, waiting for her mother who was ages and ages. I asked if she was just having a scan and she said last week her mum said she needed to show her something...a growth about the size of a grapefruit under her breast! Apparently it had been growing for ages, but she didn't want to bother anyone with it,silly silly woman. I just hope it's not too late for her.

How's the knee Sam? Another dog? surely not!

• Like 1

been in agony since last night, then middle of the night realised I didn't take any pills yesterday, so swallowed a few. feel like ive been run over by a bus and razor blades shoved down my throat.

ive got a different pill reminder coming tomorrow. might work, you never know. another job for merlin to remind me lol

ive been moving things round to make the place look bigger, why didn't I do that months ago? looks a lot better

Nice bonus Jayne :)

I am laughing at Alex's reference to Timmy's ears :wub:

I am on the last leg of my packing and should finish it this afternoon - that's a double order I've done this week and it's been knackering. I have just had Archie out for a walk and am now officially on my lunch break. I am also attempting to cool down as I came back one big sweaty mess - yak!

We met a group of 3 dogs with their owners when we were out. A young choccie Lab, a bitzer and a HUGE great daft, soppy Rottie who was so pleased to see us. They were very polite with Archie so he agreed to play with them. They all had a lovely romp around. One of the owners thanked me for being nice to the Rottie as he said so many people weren't and didn't want him anywhere near their dogs.

• Like 1