UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

awwwwww Gooster, (((hugs))) i hope the pills kick in quickly and you soon feel brighter

Suzeanna, fingers crossed for you, it might be better to get another ultrasound and mammogram just to ensure all is as it should be

Jazz, i don't know if your bidding thing is the same but my mum does homefinder calls in our city, she says to stay up and bid at the last minute before the bidding closes... i don't understand it myself

got to doss round until 4.30 for my appointment, the clinic usually runs really late so i don't expect to be seen on time or out at a reasonable time...may treat myself to chips on the way home

Jayne depression doesn't discriminate and can hit anybody, anytime. I hope your climb back up isn't too lengthy :GroupHug:

Sam how sad about the little girl :mecry:

I got a shock yesterday when I found out someone I used to work with had been found guilty of pedophilia :( I knew him quite well and liked him. It just goes to show that you can never truly know someone and darkness often lurks behind friendly facades.

Suzeanna I hope your appointment goes well and I will be here thinking positive thoughts for you :GroupHug:

Thanks guys. I know that I shouldn't be down, on the surface my life looks great. Nice house, car, horse, holidays, no major money worries, good job. I know there are so many people who would absolutely love to live my life, and are going through so much crap. From reading up on depression, I think it is a chemical imbalance in the brain or something that causes it, so it doesn't matter what you have or how good your life is, if that imbalance is there, you will go through dark times. I was really hoping I could get through this without resorting to the happy pills again, as they are an absolute nightmare when it comes to withdrawal symptoms when it is time to come off them. However when I am in the middle of doing an eye test and actually want to burst into tears, I know I can't get through this without some help.

someone I know is going through a very similar thing but had huge down swings and the first doctor she saw said she was most likely bipolar !

I told her to get a 2nd opinion and she went private and the GP there says she is 100 % not bipolar he wants her to try Neuro-Linguistic Programming As much as I understand it the idea is that the NLP will help her develop a new way of coping and responding to things ( I am not explaining it very well )

It might be worth looking at , I know a few other people who have tried it and gotten on very well with it

i don't think so Jazz she takes calls from homeless people, people looking for housing, people needing to bid for larger houses etc, she also deals with death calls, when your bin doesn't get emptied, lost dogs etc etc, the council are just dumping more and more on the contact centre staff and not paying them anymore. She says some of the calls she gets are heartbreaking, people fleeing domestic violence and people sleeping on the streets she finds quite hard

Another thing to check Jayne is hormones. Mine use to go through horrible stages and when I went on the pill it made things challenging but they have settled now (unless I forgot to take the pill)

NLP can be great for many things (says the master prac!) and is really interesting.

All that aside I hope you are feeling better soon xxx

Thanks, I am on the pill, but have been on it for over 18 months, so am pretty settled on it.

The doctor has given me some CBT websites to look at, so I'll have a look at that - I also have a few confidence books for horse riding that I'm going to dig out and read. Will have a look at the NLP as well.

I am hoping that I am feeling brighter soon - I have a short trip away in a couple of weeks, so hopefully that should relax me and just recharge my batteries.

I am back in Bristol again today this time for a very dear friends funeral - not looking forward to the drive over as the roads were pretty awful on Friday when we had the sat nav and me to navigate and Rob driving, this time theres just me and the sat nav. Not sure what happens when the sat nav gets close to Bristol its like it gets completely confused and starts pointing one way and saying go the other way then changing its mind as soon as you switch lanes and can't get back to the lane you were in before it told you to change. The drive back won't be quite so bad as the wake is being held in Nailsea which is closer to the M5 so I won't have to go through Clifton & Bristol to get back.

Good that the girls family can have some closure now but what an awful thing to happen.

Griff I've found a different route - have been on google looking for the pub the wake is being held in and on there it said it was only 10 mins drive from jnc 20 M5 so I had a look and whilst that means me going south of Bristol and overshooting where the crematorium is its actually a much easier route for me as I can just go M4 M49 M5 and then pretty much straight line past the pub and on to the crem - I'd be doing that route in reverse after the funeral anyway so may as well save faffing about and use that to get there as well, adds about 20 mins to the trip but takes off a whole load of anxiety for me.