UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

I've just put in a complaint about the Travelodge we stayed at Thursday to yesterday - we had a very unsettling experience and I'm not at all happy with the way they handled it or rather - didn't handle it.

We went to bed just after 10pm as we were shattered, pretty sure we were both asleep by 10:30 at the latest, next thing we know we woke with a start to hear knocking on a door and someone calling out "reception" we lay there muttering to each other wondering wtf was going on then suddenly OUR door was quite seriously pounded on - really hard loud banging and someone shouting "reception!!" Rob dived out of bed and stumbled for the door in the dark whilst I fumbled for the lights and there was a young lad outside, not wearing a uniform just jeans and a hoody carrying a towel! He claimed we'd ordered an extra towel, Rob kept explaining no we flipping hadn't we'd been fast asleep! Anyway then he starts asking about our plans, when we were leaving, how long we were staying, were we going to have breakfast? All very very odd and then he apologised and said he'd leave a note to make sure we got compensation.

We sat and talked for a short while both a little unnerved by it and the rude awakening, but gradually settled down again and I had literally just started to drop back off to sleep when all the lights came on and the fire alarms in the whole building started going off. Dived out of bed, grabbed for some clothes and my handbag and raced down the fire escape, ended up standing around outside with everyone else for a good 15-20 mins with no one telling us what was going on. Eventually they just came out and said false alarm and let us back in. So we decided to go find out if the guy had been staff - the night manager didn't seem to understand what we were asking, and said no-one had gone to our room it was a false alarm caused by steam from a shower. We then said was he sure as if the guy wasn't staff could he have set the alarms off as it seemed quite an odd coincidence? Again he said no one had been to our room that night. We went back to the room and as you can imagine the hotel was all doors banging, people talking lots of noise while people tried to settle back down, and we were rather wound up as we'd had 2 rude awakenings in short succession so it took us until gone 2am to be ready to try sleeping again. I put the do not disturb sign on the door changed the alarm to 8am and decided even tho we'd paid for breakfast we'd have a lay in instead.

6effing30am bang crash screeeeeeeeeeech groannnnnn screechhhhhhh flew out of bed flung open the curtains and there was a sodding great skip lorry parked right beside our window loading up all the hotels skips, so fecking loud we had to shout to hear ourselves! So much for a lay in!! The racket went on for over 45 mins.

Spoke to the day manager and he did confirm the guy in the night HAD been staff and there had been a mistake but no compensation offer just an apology. Didn't seem to think there was a problem despite us having been woken with a fright on 3 separate occasions.

Snowy is NOT happy.

Kick some ass Snow! That is outrageous! I know that Premier Inn do a good night guarantee, I would have thought that Travel lodge should do something similar :)

Have just booked to have an eye test, figured I should actually have a proper one instead of testing my own eyes when I get time. I am apparently booked in with the pre reg (who is fresh out of uni), could have lots of fun here :ninja: :laugh:

Who would like some good news? :cheer:

The pug who went on the run in Northants after his mum was knocked down is back home! An elderly couple who live a few miles away had picked him running along a road and cared for him. Their daughter recognised him after seeing a notice in local paper. Freddie is a bit lame but otherwise ok. His mum is still receiving outpatient treatment but is recovering.

• Like 1

Great news Owl

Lol Gooster go gentle with the newbie

We had a trip to the vets this morning...kota tore her dew claw off last night, bathed it and taped it and atrip to the vet this morning means she is now sporting a tiger bandage, there were gypsys in there as well, the 2 girls who dealt with them were so polite considering how aggressive one guy was, i didn't know until they left that they were gypsys and one had been asking tonnes about Kota.... thank god they left before us and don't know where i live

Great news Owl :biggrin:

Hope Kota's claw is better soon. Ted had a deformed dew claw when he was born, so we got them to remove it when he was neutered. Poor boy didn't know which bit to be more upset about :laugh:

I have treated myself to another pair of Converse - I have a pair of red spotty ones which I hadn't worn as they were a bit tight across my foot. However I relaced them and now they are amazingly comfortable. So I have treated myself to a pair of black sparkly high tops :biggrin: