UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

so very sad about those poor dogs, they must have been so terrified. i also feel for all those involved in rescuing the dogs, what they must have seen, smelt and heard must have been horrific so my thoughts are with all the staff, volunteers, emergency services and all who turned out to help... i am sure it is something that will haunt them. Sadly i don't believe the sentence he will get will be long enough... an animals life isn't valued as highly as a human and my uncle got 2 years for setting fire to a flat knowing 2 people were inside.... he was out in 11 months, i guess the damage done to the building is what will get him a bit more prison time, then again given his age it will be YOI for him... all i can hope is he runs into animal lovers who will teach him a damn good lesson

Murtle, hope you manage to get your ideas out and things settle down a bit

Gooster, give the tablets a couple more days and if you are still feeling sick call the drs and see if they can prescribe something for the nausea, when i was having the chemo drips they gave me a tablet to take each day and they really did work

need to pop to the drs myself today to fetch my prescriptions, hopefully this cream the dermatologist has prescribed will get rid of my manky bits, it is on my face and arm again and growing so if the cream doesn't stop it growing and spreading i am going back for my biopsies

I hope the cream works for you Griff. I was listening to the Jeremy Vine show earlier and he was talking about the fire, and ironically..and even more sadly if that's possible..the block which the dogs who were killed were in was the rehoming block, for dogs who were ready to find their new homes. Also one woman who had travelled there to see if she could help said the police were being harassed by drunks and groups of youths. I hope some of them got arrested. :mad:

i really an gobsmacked by the behaviour of some people... i know i should never be surprised by anything nowadays but truly i am, it is like people who attack the fire brigade and ambulance staff..... they are there to help people. If any of them did get nicked i would like to see the courts send them to the dogs home to help with the clean up and have to see the suffering of those that cared for the dogs daily

The culprit should be sent to help with the clean up as part of his sentence but no doubt , by the time the case comes to court , it will have been done.

What the staff and helpers saw and went through doesn't bear thinking about.

It is the stuff of nightmares.

There are some sick people out there.

Well done to the two men who jumped the fence, kicked in doors, put leads on the dogs and took them out and tied them to the fence. They got twenty dogs out.

They said they tried to get to the dogs in the burning bit but couldn't reach them and then the roof fell in.

I did read that so many people turned up at the home offering help that the police had to appeal for them to stay aaway as they were blocking the roads and they needed to get the dogs transported out.

Hope your cream works , Griff, and it's goodbye to manky bits.

• Like 1

Hope your cream works Griff :flowers:

I think it is amazing how everyone had pulled together to help the dogs and staff of Manchester. Manchester dogs home is where Charlie came from over 14 years ago. I remember going there like it was yesterday. Over £1million has been raised now.

Feeling a bit better today. Not felt as sick. It comes in waves. I remember when I was coming off these tablets last time I felt really dizzy and sick, as they have a short half life, so I imagine until it builds up in my system, that I will feel like this. Feeling more positive though, haven't wanted to cry at work today or yesterday :)

Had a fab riding lesson on Blue today as well, he was awesome. The lights weren't working in the school and we were against failing light, reminded me of when I first met him 7 years ago. He was really well behaved :wub:

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

We had a whip round at our office yesterday and raised £230 by the end of the day. Whenever we do charity events, which we do regularly, people usually give one or two pounds, but yesterday those who gave were giving fivers and tenners. Our chief exec, who's a dog lover, has agreed that the company will match our donations so we'll have about £500 or more. I've got the cash collected yesterday so will be going to Costco over the weekend to buy washing powder and dog food (which is what they said they needed). I don't know if Costco do tinned Chappie which they specifically asked for, so will nip to Asda to get some of that. I'm off on Monday but am going into the office (which is only a few miles away from the Cheshire home where the dogs were moved to and which is the 'sister' home to Manchester) to collect any blankets and other bits which people have brought in and then take them over. Good job I've got a 4x4 with lots of space cos I suspect my car will be full.

I understand that not everybody would want to give, but the comments a couple of people made when the collection was going round spoke volumes about the type of person they are :mad:

My friend who has five dogs rang last night and said to find out if they had any Yorkies or other littlies cos she could foster a couple of small ones.

Apparently there were over a thousand people who went to help and they were having trouble getting dogs out of the kennels so they had to ask people to stay away.

I won't even tell you what I'd like to do to the toerag who set the fire. I hope he gets prison because I suspect there will be some dog lovers in there who won't take kindly to what he's done.

• Like 1

I've always found that in general animal lovers have compassion for all including humans and are greatly moved by the suffering of all species. I don't get people who think animals don't matter and that only humans are worth their compassion. How can you switch your compassion on and off like that? There were a few callous comments read out on Jeremy Vine's radio show yesterday sent in by listeners regarding the loss at the dogs home. I think those who made them just showed themselves up for what they are.

I'm amazed at the amount raised for the rescue.

• Like 1

Just heard on BBC news that the suspect arsonist has been released on bail. Very worrying considering the lynch mob mentality, and the fact that an assortment of different photos and stories are circulating on social media. It worries me that some innocent person may be attacked. And if this person is guilty, then if he is attacked it will make it well nigh impossible for the CPS to proceed with a prosecution.

I know everyone is hurting. I am as heartbroken as everyone else. But this is not about our feelings, it is about the law. I wish it were stricter over quite a lot of things, and our police force needs to be improved and built up, not decimated by cuts. Mob rule and mob justice are not the answer.

There are quite a few people I would like to kill, though as quickly and cleanly as possible. There are a few who would like me dead, they have told me so, and strangely enough most of them only know me online. It is still not acceptable for me to kill them, or for them to kill me.

• Like 2

I am saddened by the events at Manchester but I am deeply concerned by the comments on our Facebook wall from people wanting to torture and kill the person who did it

We know nothing about him nothing at all , we do know he has done a dreadful terrible thing , there is a real link between animal abuse and human abuse etc and he needs to be assessed and punished / treated as appropriate.

Its not just this case every time I post anything about an animal who has been neglected or even an unowned dog who suffers there is a bitter out pouring of anger and a ( written ) desire to hurt people , its scary it really is and some days I hate looking at my ( Dogstar ) Facebook page

Mobs are ugly things and when we ( society en masse ) starts to decide who deserves to be lynched then its the start of a slippery slope , in many countries people do wicked horrific things to each other because they justify it , because they have decided others deserve it for what ever reason

I want to celebrate the positive things that have come out of this awful fire not join an online angry mob demanding the death of a child ,

• Like 2