UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

8 years?? Where has that time gone?

Had a mammoth gym session today - had spin at 6.45, then swam 50 lengths in the pool. I then chilled in the steam room for a while (until the most annoying man appeared and then I left), then I did a 20 minute synergy class (which is a bit like circuit) and then tried the new class - body pump. It was brilliant, really enjoyed it. I have been helping Mr G with his training (each class has a set way that it has to be delivered), so I knew pretty much what to expect. There were just 3 tracks that I hadn't done before. Can't wait to do it again! Am now relaxing on the sofa whilst watching last night's X factor :)

Its 8 years ago today that I first got on a plane to come to Sri Lanka for my ONE OFF trip to volunteer !

I remember that! I had no idea it was 8 years already! Didn't Snow post something about the elephant sanctuary which set you off on that particular road?

I have just packed a load of pencils whilst Skyping with my good friend in Connecticut. That made the time pass pleasantly :)

We went tracking yesterday and did 9 miles mostly on roads. Wispa has recovered after sleeping all the way back then sleeping all night, eating breakfast, then sleeping all morning and half the afternoon. As I drove the 200 miles round trip yesterday and have been for routine eye test this morning, I am still the worse for wear.

We were after a little pug, didn't catch up with him but got the area he seems to be in. He was out jogging with his mum on Weds and a transit van knocked her down then drove off leaving her with broken ribs and cracked pelvis. Pug ran off in fright. Lots of people out looking for him in Weedon and surrounding villages.

How could any driver be so heartless and stupid? It is better to be prosecuted for careless driving than arrested after hit-and-run which will surely mean a prison sentence. Van has been seen before and is though to be local.

Edited by owl

it killed them in hours

It may have killed the leaves but not the roots - to be effective it needs to be absorbed properly and if it kills the leaves so quickly then it's unlikely to have reached the roots, which can take a week or two.

Owl that's dreadful! Hope the little pug is soon found and that his mum has a full recovery.

What she said :flowers:

Had a carp day at work :mad: and I'm hormonal :mad:

Hope the pug is found soon - I can't believe some people :(

Mum has just been round, not seen her for ages, been so busy with work and life stuff, I just haven't had the chance to call round (and last time I did on my brother's birthday they asked what I was doing there!). She was trying to persuade me to do my ice bucket challenge - I told her I wasn't doing it today as I have already had 2 showers and been swimming so had faced enough water for one day :laugh:

Hope the little pug is found, and his mum recovers from her injuries.

Not had the best start to the month..I went to the doctor this afternoon, really to ask if there's anything to be done about my nails, which are splitting right down the length of them..answer no, because it's due to the meds I take. I mentioned I'm getting pain in my boob, especially if I lie on that side at night, so she said right, let's have a look and check it out. She found the painful place..she also found a lump. :unsure: She said it may be scar tissue, but she's getting onto the hospital for an urgent ultrasound. I told her I have an appointment in November in the breast clinic, but she said no, it can't wait that long. Please, please,please not again! Let it be scar tissue!

Oh..forgot to say..when I got back from the doctors and walked in the front door, a horrible pong greeted me! Dylan had left a huge heap on the living room carpet (why couldn't he have done it in the kitchen?) which just about put the tin hat on my afternoon. He's never messed in the house before, don't know if it's a sign of senility. I wouldn't have minded so much, only I was out for less than an hour, and I'd let them both into the garden before I went. I'm going to worry every time I have to go out now, in case he does it again.