UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

Very relieved to actually wake up this morning! I've had a couple of instances in the past of atrial fibrillation...when your heart beats far too fast and irregularly...ended up in A&E last time. Last night I'd not been in bed that long when I suddenly found I couldn't breathe properly and my pulse was thundering in my throat. It went on for nearly three hours and I was debating whether it was worth waking up my OH then it started to settle down, but at one point I was getting very worried. It's not fast this morning but still irregular, and I feel so tired. I'm going to walk Rosie then take myself back to bed. Tomorrow I'm off to see the breast consultant, hopefully for good news.

Suzeanna please call 999 if it happens again - you never know what it could be :GroupHug:

I've been sorting through blankets/throws/toys for Manchester Dogs Home. My lot have a boxful of toys, many of which they never touch, including 9(!) Kongs of all sizes, which I don't use so the dogs home can have them all. I'm guessing they will want hard rubber toys rather than ones which may be pulled apart easily and which the dogs could choke on if left? Got some other hard rubber toys which they can have as well. My boys have given up some of their fleecy blankets and dog beds which can also go.

• Like 1

Suzeanna oh my goodness! I'm glad you are OK :GroupHug:

Archie went swimming yesterday in the lake. Now he has finally realised he CAN swim you can't keep him out. Owl you are right he was up for more the following day but had to make do with a two hour walk and the swimming.

I'm home alone today so I am going to indulge myself in my favourite meal - live and onions with marrowfat peas :smile_anim:

Enjoy, Yantan..that meal I must confess is my idea of hell! My mother used to try to make me eat liver and bacon, without success. The only time I've eaten liver is when I was expecting my daughter, I was badly anaemic and the doctor said it's liver or iron injections in your behind, and they hurt like blazes. I love the smell of onions cooking, but can't eat them as they give me indigestion. Have you got any photos of your water baby Archie? Our late GSD was scared of water until one day he was paddling at a little river crossing on the Peaks, and suddenly went out of his depth. A very shocked looking Jazz resurfaced and that was that, we couldn't keep him out then.

Alex, I know that's a generous gesture, but according to the papers, they're swamped with stuff...is there another local rescue who isn't getting all the attention whose dogs would appreciate it more? Yes, if it happens again, I'll call an ambulance, it did frighten me to be honest. Thanks to you and Yantan for the hugs.x

I think it is a lovely gesture of the builders, and as I said maybe they'll do the nice to haves but as for actually rebuilding it the insurance company should really be paying out for the building and loss of stuff which they had like food and stuff, hell they have been paying for the insurance so they should use it.

I am sure there will be plenty of building work to do, but it's a shame that these offers aren't distributed around lots of rescues who all need help as well when they are done with MDH.

Don't get me wrong I think it is a lovely gesture xx

Suzeanna, hospital next time. The heart is pretty important 😉

I was force fed liver as a child, in Mauritius they all are it out of choice as a luxury food. I was horrified, my mother loves it too Yantan!! xxx

I've been to the dogs home. There was absolutely tons of stuff there and they even had two Eddie Stobart trailers to store stuff in. I doubt very much that they will be able to use all the stuff they've got and they aren't going to bin it, so expect they will do something with it. I asked if any of the dogs needed walking while I was there but it had already been done.

I'm sure they will spread the love around and other rescue groups will benefit. Regardless of what the insurance pays out I hope they are able to use the money to up the security and install flame retardant materials and a sprinkler system. I think the whole thing has brought dog rescue to the fore and hopefully is making a lot more people think about donating time/money/goods to their own local rescues. I noticed a few rescues tweeting over the weekend to say there were no traffic jams leading to their doors if people wanted to bring stuff to them and/or adopt from them.

I am about to start cooking my liver and onions but just noticed I called it "live and onions" last time. Good job you all know what I am on about.

• Like 1

I'm sure they will Marion. I'm also hoping they will be able to build extra kennels if they have any space because it isn't a huge rescue. Bloke I got chatting to said the dogs from the fire had all settled in now and some were still being regularly checked by the vets. I saw a lovely tuxedo greyhound being walked on my way in. Just off to check the website :whistle:

• Like 1

it will be interesting to hear from other rescues over the next few weeks to see if they have more offers of help / fostering / donations etc . what a lovely legacy it will be in a years time there is more help is available to rescues countrywide as a result.

I was reading on another forum that MDH currently do not neuter or home check because they did not previously have funds/ resources to do it so again this cash injection will have a huge impact on the way they are able to operate. I do hope their insurance covers all the rebuilding as you say Mary they have been paying premiums and it would be a pretty poor show if it did not cover a new for old rebuild.

• Like 1

We got Charlie from MDH - we only went to look around and came away with an 8 week old puppy. No homecheck done. However we did get a discount voucher for neutering when he was old enough, a puppy collar and lead and a knitted blanket (that he threw up on on the journey home and we had to throw away :laugh: :rolleyes: :wub: ). This was over 14 years ago though. I remember reading somewhere that they operate on a budget of 1.8 million per year to run both MDH and CDH. I do hope that they share some of the items donated that they can't use with other smaller rescues. My dad works in the fire sprinkler industry, and whenever there is a fire like this he is always the first to pipe up that it should have been sprinklered. Hopefully the new building will be :)

I was naughty last night and had pizza and wine - I had garlic bread as well, this morning when I was in the gym I was mega aware that I smelled of garlic :laugh: I have the leftovers to have for tea tonight - going to have to break out the perfume and chewing gum for work tomorrow :unsure:

My doctors surgery 5 main doctors have all resigned! Apparently there is a meeting on Friday, that I can't attend, to advise residents why and next steps!

Can't say I am overally enthralled with the doctors there, or the patients! However, they now need to find another care provider to take it on or 10,500 of us won't have a doctor!

Blimey Mary, that is a bit worrying :unsure: I have to say that I do like my GP practice, although availability for short notice appointments has reduced a bit since the practice first opened. However they do late nights and Saturdays, which is great :)

Am waiting around now to go to the gym and do double spin. Not eaten a massive amount today (had a couple of hours nana nap on the sofa this afternoon), so I might regret booking to do both. I've had some Jaffa cakes though about 30 mins ago and will have a glass of orange and mango juice before I leave to give me a sugar rush so I'm sure it'll be fine. This spin class isn't too hard anyway, so I'll survive (and then come home and eat pizza and garlic bread :biggrin: )