UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

Owl, i am guessing you have Keyboard issues? or is that Welsh?

Merledogs, i hope your day isn't as bad as you think it will be

bl**dy internet is still playing up, phone is fine but internet keeps dropping out, changed filters and phone and moved to master socket, still doing it... bought a new master socket for my dad to fit and hopefully recable it so then the fault will have to be external, might replace the modem too but to be honest i could do without having to spend another £40 just on the off chance

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it has just dropped again, seems i can be connected for 3 minutes then it drops and then takes at least 10 minutes to reconnect

That made me laugh Owl so thank you! Mayhap you had a few crumbs stuck under the keys on the keyboard. I am guilty of eating whilst I am here on the 'puter and have to regularly shake my keyboard out :blinking1:

I have a nedache.

Apparently I am going to France to see the battlefields next year :) It's something I have always wanted to do as I have long had a fascination with WWI and have a great great uncle and cousin so many times removed who died in the war and are buried over there. I have photos of their graves but to be able to actually stand in front of them will be amazing - and a tad emotional I am thinking.

Evie came for Archie late yesterday afternoon to go blackberrying with her, her mum and Sadie. Archie stayed by the little one's side the whole time she was picking her berries just watching over her whilst Sadie went off being giddy on the fell side.

Griff you might be able to get a new modem for free out of your ISP if you give them a call.

• Like 1

awww it sounds like Archie had a lovely day. Plusnet seem to think that the modem is o.k but he asked me to try another modem if i had one..... do people really have spare modems?

been to the vet, poopie is bandage free, she howled in the taxi and pee'd on the floor of the vets, she didn't struggle too much and she met a lovely staffy, and a workman came to say hello and a customer at the vet so that was nice..... she is still a maniac

i was brave and took dakota for her walk, kept her on the short lead just in case she hurt her claw again, had to go for yet another blood test and i have a hozzy appointment for my biospy results tomorrow then another on wednesday, hopefully they will have found out what my manky scabby patches were/are (as they are coming back)

Suzeanna, have you had your appointment yet for the breast clinic? just wanted you to know i am thinking of you ((hugs))

I have posted this on Facebook but I know not all of you are on there

de1f683a-cd44-4a1a-97c6-016d6cdac911_zps

A tragic reminder of how beautiful and precious and so so so fragile life is and why we should all be the best people we can be every day

I took this photo last week of a local fisherman with beach dog Mars. This area of the coast is not safe to swim in as there is a reef which is hidden at high tide

Today a young child from a family visiting the area was paddling and was swept into the sea in the same point

The Navy responded with 2 rescue boats , tragically her body was spotted about an hour later in the sea at the bottom of our garden and some very brave local fishermen launched a small boat over the reef to try recover her

It was tragic to see hundreds of people standing on the beach watching the rescue boats and the 3 brave fishermen. One of the fishermen has 3 little girls himself and is a widow and he was so determined , it was one of the saddest things I have ever seen

Mark and I cannot stop thinking about her family every time I look out at the sea :( , they must be beyond comforting

Sam

That's terrible Sam, her poor family must be in pieces. I assume there are no warning notices about the reef, for people who aren't local to the area?

Owl, can't believe that girl would have told such lies, she must have realised she'd be found out. She's either very stupid or mentally disturbed!

Hope they get to the bottom of your manky bits, Griff, and can clear them up and stop them recurring. No, I haven't heard anything yet about my ultrasound...if I don't hear by about Wednesday I'll phone the department myself and check that they have actually got the referral from my GP.

Hope you get an appointment soon Suzeanna :GroupHug:

So sad about the little girl :(

Hope your trip to the hospital goes ok Griff :flowers:

Just got back from the doctors - have been feeling really down for a few months now on and off. I just feel like bursting into tears all the time. Work has been busy and stressful and my brother's fiancé and me have had another big bust up. Anyway, she has given me some happy pills. I was on them about 7 years ago as I was in a similar state of mind back then, so hopefully they will start to work soon and I'll be back to normal again :unsure:

That's terrible Sam, her poor family must be in pieces. I assume there are no warning notices about the reef, for people who aren't local to the area?

I don't think so but I cannot read Sinhala in its script form so there may be , there are some red flags near the hotel and my house but not further up the beach but I don't know if non tourists even know what they mean

Her body did not come in on the morning tide and the fishermen say that unless a small body comes back with 24 hours its unlikely too , there was a adult body washed up 100 meters from my gate last month but he had murdered as all his limbs had been cut off

I have never lived by the coast before but the local women tell me bodies wash up a few times a year here due to the currents and tides and its not uncommon for people to drown locally. Guess as Mark says its harsh old country it just looks like paradise

Gosh I am a cheery old squirrel !

Suzeanna I hope your ultra sound appointment comes soon

Griff I hope your manky scabby bits get better soon , I find tea tree oil cream is quite good for stopping things like that from getting more manky

Jazz , hows your housing situation going ?

Jayne , any idea whats causing you to feel so low ? anything that you can think of that connects 7 years ago to now ?

Sorry to hear you're so down Jayne, hope the pills quickly have you on the up.

Post hasn't been yet but I got a text from the hospital reminding me that I have an appointment in the breast surgery clinic next Tuesday at 2.10. I phoned up to check exactly what where and who I'm seeing, apparently Miss Azmy (main breast consultant surgeon) first then if she deems it necessary a mammogram and ultrasound. Oh goody, that's the whole afternoon gone then! Hopefully she'll have a prod around and say it's not anything to worry about.

Thanks guys. I know that I shouldn't be down, on the surface my life looks great. Nice house, car, horse, holidays, no major money worries, good job. I know there are so many people who would absolutely love to live my life, and are going through so much crap. From reading up on depression, I think it is a chemical imbalance in the brain or something that causes it, so it doesn't matter what you have or how good your life is, if that imbalance is there, you will go through dark times. I was really hoping I could get through this without resorting to the happy pills again, as they are an absolute nightmare when it comes to withdrawal symptoms when it is time to come off them. However when I am in the middle of doing an eye test and actually want to burst into tears, I know I can't get through this without some help.