UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Hope you are feeling better soon Sophie :GroupHug:

Hope the meetings go ok Murtle :flowers:

It's only 4 weeks till I go away now. Have been checking my flight's status for the last few weeks and it's been delayed every week :angry: :rolleyes: Today it has a 4 hour delay! It had better not be delayed when I go in 4 weeks :laugh: Am only going for a week - I want to get there ASAP :laugh:

• Like 1

Oh dear murtle - I hope you've managed to make it through the day :flowers:

It's also 4 weeks til I go away, so we must be away the same week gooster :)

Jazz :GroupHug: I finally made it to the rescue center to donate Zooey's left over food this weekend - we'd done a bulk order just before he died so I've had 96 large cans of cat food in the garage since November and no cat, but I couldn't bring myself to do anything with it until now.

• Like 1

:GroupHug: Jazz and Sophie :flowers:

I fly out on 1st July Sophie to El Gouna in Egypt for a week. Where are you going? This week's flight still hasn't left!! I would not be a happy bunny right now if I was on that plane - it's 5 and a half hours to Egypt, so you'd be getting to the hotel at about 2/3am at this rate :unsure:

Survived, thanks guys! My head hurts and they have made lots of new slides for me to devise lots more questions for and answers and things we need to think about! First on that list is why new slides... However, this time I typed up notes on the laptop...just incase...fingers crossed the laptop will charge when I get home as it wasn't when I was in the office...sods law!!

Pack for a delayed flight Jayne and be ready to hit the beach on no sleep!!

Hope your head feels better Sophie xx

We fly to Rhodes on the 2nd July...hopefully with no delay, or at least not that long! If it is delayed Jayne, can you get compensation?

Hope you are feeling ok now Sophie, and Jazz, I was reading today that the old idea of tipping your head back and pinching the bridge of your nose isn't right...keep the head forward and hold the nostrils together to encourage the blood to clot there.

After I thought they had lost my bag in Mexico (it took an hour to appear off the plane and onto the carousel!), I always pack shorts/flip flops/vest top/bikini in my hand luggage now - just in case :) I will have lots of room in my new pink spotty flight bag for goodies to keep me occupied in case of a delay. I remember when I flew back from Glasgow once, the flight was delayed ages, but nobody knew why. I think it was delayed by about 3/4 hours in the end - we got a free drink on the plane as compensation :)

Just finished at the gym - I have to be super organised on a Tuesday as I go before work to do my PT abs session and then after work to do my strength and conditioning class. Guess who didn't pack enough underwear?! Guess who is wearing a rather short dress today?! Yep, that would be me :laugh: :rolleyes:

Oops!!

I got delayed by about 12 hours courtesy of air france....grrr...

And ended up having to stay another night in Germany once courtesy of bad weather and bad organisation by BA!!

Sun screen and toothbrush / tooth paste 😄

xxx

Moaning :tired:

It's very twirly for you murtley :flowers:

I've been pottering around the garden deadheading, which relaxes me.

Has anybody been watching Welcome to Rio? Fascinating programme about life in the favelas. Not at all what you would imagine.

• Like 1

Morning.

I'm not off anywhere nearly as exotic as you Jayne - I have a week booked at Little Dumpledale Farm in Pembrokeshire. It was meant to be me, my husband and his parents going, but my husband and I separated last month so I'm going on my own (with the dogs of course). I'm looking forward to it - I need a break.

Head is mostly better thanks :) Still quite twingey, but I'm back in the office today so hopefully it'll hold up.

• Like 1

awww Sophie, sorry to read that, you and the dogs will have a great time i have read fantastic reviews of little dumpledale

Jazz, i gave away a load of dog coats the week before last, there were 20 and only 2 of those were used and that isn't even the coats my 2 used to wear...... it is amazing how much stuff you acquire

Merledogs, enjoy your dead heading

Murtle, my dog is sat in the back porch deciding to risk getting his paws wet

• Like 1