UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

Morning I am parked right outside the library waiting for them to open at 9 then its home bargains the vet for nogs previcox and home by 10 ready for the rugby.

Still getting a buzz from being on the interweb in my car lol

• Like 1

Thanks Alex. Not sure they're big enough. 2 Viz lay down in the back. We have suitcase, holdall big bag of food, loads of duvets and throws for scoobs cos he has accidents on them the whole time. We have bits stuffed down between front and back seats and I generally end up with things in the footwell with Scoobs on my lap still having accidents (yuck). We currently have a Citroen C5 estate with an amazing amount of space. We really wanted to keep it but know it's not at all sensible to. Just paid £700 on it to do with the suspension and feel need to get rid of it now before it starts waffling about any other catastrophes and having any.

Michelle I know just what you mean about your car having similar trouble myself. Mine is a Volvo V40 estate and it has been most excellent at ferrying George and Archie, Ruby and I away on several holidays as well as transporting rescue dogs to various locations. I once got 6 Trailies in for a trip to Norfolk and they were all very comfortable in the massive space created when the back seats were dropped. I have to change it for a smaller more economical car for economy reasons but boy am I going to miss having a car that can transport a lot of stuff. It's still sitting outside dead as a doornail.

Yantan, would it be possible for you to disconnect the battery after each use? that should prevent whatever is draining the battery from causing your battery to flatten..... should just be a case of loosening a nut on the clamp

Jacobean, what about a galaxy style vehicle? my mate has a chrysler people mover and i was surprised at how much room there is in those and you can remove the seats as they are individual.

absolutely gorgeous day here

im knackered!

measured up the flat, had a meeting with all 3 of us doing the exchange. my friend has been round and we have packed a load more. everytime I go up for a wee I pack a box lol

I 'might' be able to sleep once ive moved

tthis time next week .....

I am in France still, Annecy at the moment and ran a few miles round Lake Annecy today it is beautiful. It has mountains on one side and stunning blue water. The guys are riding L'etape du tour tomorrow and I hope to run round some more. I often get to spend time with a partner or friend of a rider and this years is a slightly annoyed partner who doesn't seem keen on her partner cycling...and is loud and impatient...none of which will be conducive to a good day for me of waiting around for the riders to finish!!

Hope the car fairy is ok as she has a lot of work to do! Hope peeps can get suitable cars for their needs x

just downloaded this to my ipod and thought others may find it useful

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/sunscreen/id407934973?mt=8

it gets you to input your spf factor of sunscreen and works out where you are, the temp and an alarm will let you know to reapply your sunscreen, saw it in a mag last weekend and remembered to tell my bro who always gets burnt but forgot to tell peeps here...in this weather will be useful

• Like 1

Michelle - I have just got a Galaxy, huge amount of space in the back for the boys and girls and you know how big Jed is!! I have made it even bigger by putting Cassie's crate on the folded down middle seat in the middle row (secured by strapping to the seat and cannot move forward as also fixed by tape clipping into the seat belt holders. This means they have the whole back with tailgate guard and dog guard so safe from flying forward plus extra space (yes it was bought for a cavalier but the staffie x and boxer also take turns in there!) and even with it in place I have 4 seats (albeit I would have to unclip the seat belt part of the securing)...

DSCF1629_zps7326624a.jpg

DSCF1631_zpse7f24b1d.jpg

DSCF1630_zpsf2493487.jpg

• Like 1

The person who sold me the Daewoo won't give me my money back but he has offered to take it in part ex for an old Isuzu Trooper :confused:

I need a step ladder to get into one of those, and there is no way I could get mum into one. Not to mention the sheer cost of running such a beast. Top marks for trying I suppose.

Hope those with car woes get them sorted ASAP :)

Hoping your day with the misery guts cyclist OH is ok Mary :flowers:

That app sounds like a good idea griff, I may download it :)

Boiler man came to look at it yesterday, it needed a part ordering, so eon rang me today to tell me they could come on Wednesday to fit it. Wednesday is no good as I am working, so I told them it would have to be Friday afternoon when my mum is off. They said they had no Friday afternoon appointments till the 19th July. At this point I went into a bit of a polite strop and told them if I waited until then, I will have been without hot water and heating for 4 weeks, which is not acceptable. At this point a Friday afternoon appointment became available this week :rolleyes:

Have also just booked my seat for my flight to Mexico - I have managed to get seat 1A, which is right at the front, so I will have loads of room to spread out :biggrin: