UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

I finally got a dial tone and managed to get the DW. She had been trying to get me all day. She's stuck in Widnes with car trouble and was just getting her car taken in for new tyres as we spoke. Obviously she won't be coming for Archie today but Ruby has said she will take him for an hour's walk tonight. Thank dawg for light nights!

Ruby rang Sky, from work and they tested the line here whilst talking to her. The problem is showing that it's either a handset or microfilter problem. Hopefully either will be fairly easy to sort out.

edited for spelling and commas - does commas need a comma?

Edited by Yantan

Great news Jazz :partytime:

To add insult to injury of waking me up at 6am cleaning the carpets, he then woke me up at 6.45 to tell me he couldn't find my car keys and he hoped I knew where they were :rolleyes: I didn't have to get up till 7.20, so I was not a happy gooster this morning :laugh:

It was the wrong ECU at the scrap yard but Chrissie found something she wanted for her own car, so not a wasted journey. We now have the serial number for the part we want and are searching the net.

owl, do you know what the problem is with the ECU? sometimes you can get them repaired often from as little as £30 down here.... might be worth asking the mechanics if that is a viable option

congrats on the good news Jazz..... hope you get organised in time

Gooster, this morning my parents left, dad dropped mum off and returned home to find he had no keys to get in.... he didn't wake me, he drove all the way back to my mum to pick up her keys so i could carry on sleeping, now there could be 2 reasons for this.... 1 i am ill or 2 (which i think is more likely) is i am an evil git if woken up Lol

just dyed my hair again...... dyed it 4 times before deciding i could live with the blue colour Lol, give it a week and it will have to be changed

• Like 1

Well how embarrassed am I. I did know it was July honest guv but can't quite get over it lol

So pleased you have the date through Jazz. Hope it all works out very well for you

Owl sorry you've not got car sorted yet. Hope something turns up to resolve quickly

Only let the chaps do what you want them to Marion.

• Like 1

Griff, there is someone here who does recondition them so it's possible, but the cost is higher than a 2nd hand one. I don't know exactly what is wrong with it except that it is malfunctioning so the timing doesn't hold steady and it sometimes doesn't start. I hadn't even heard of the things until this morning, not had a car with one before.

Edited by owl

That's good Jazz.

I am very concerned for a friend who needs to find somewhere to rent for herself & 3 dogs & 4 cats. Her landlord want to sell the house and has given her 2 months notice. She lives near me in Chesterfield area but will consider moving. Most landlords won't take tenants with pets or on housing benefit. If anyone has any ideas or knows of anywhere please PM me.