UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

Well done Marion :partytime:

Sod's law, I'm at home all week and two feckin deliveries come while I'm out for a couple of hours shopping :mad: They've left one with grumpy git a couple of doors down - been down four times but he's either not answering or he's not in. Wish that Parcelforce would just take it to the post office at the end of the road like they used to :mad:

Just realised I'm missing the tennis!

I was expecting our wallpaper turning up today and was impressed with the number of emails I got from the delivery company telling me where it was in the system. The last email told me it would be here between 1.45 and 2.45. Great. Then the next email I got was to tell me they were unable to deliver as there was no-one home and yet I was sitting here waiting all the time!

The only time I could have possibly missed it was when I went to the loo but I can always hear someone at the door from there. I am actually doubting whether the driver actually did come here as there was no card left which I needed to reschedule. It's rather a good job our phone is out of order as I was so mad they would have got a gob full. I re-scheduled online instead and hopefully it will be here tomorrow. I've told them to leave it in the porch if they can't wait for me to open the door.

Oh and my car is dead again. The battery is completely flat after just 3 days. It's not even giving out a weak cough :rolleyes:

Evening

Hope you have a lovely break Murtle

Fingers crossed Sal goes home soon

Ooooh well done Marion. What will you be doing like?

Martyn has been off this afternoon so I made him start the tiling. Gawd knows when he will start it again

No luck for my friend with any of the agencies so far. The pet friendly ones don't have any lets except huge ones.

Pulling ragwort has been the high point of my day, and we had a nice picnic in the field. Apart from that I have been doing my best to chill out the participants in 2 huge rows which were only caused by stupid misunderstandings. All sorted now, but I feel a bit the worse for wear and am going to spend the evening with baked spud and a Bollywood DVD.

Edited by owl

Feck! One of the builders has arrived to patch up around the fire and was furious to find that the plumber had decided to bury the pipe work in the wall instead of running it above where the skirting boards will go - as it was before. The plumber has breached the tanking in several places :banghead: The builder has gone off to get some more of the tanking preparation to try and get it in around and behind the breaches but it's not ideal. This is the second time we have had to do this sort of remedial work and I don't want to have to do it again in a few years time.

Alex my car had a new battery not so long ago, there is something that drains it whilst its not in use. I can't be arsed trying to find out what it is as I was planning on scrapping the car next year rather than have to pay out possibly a lot of £'s to get it through the MOT. I think the time has come to get myself another car. Its not the best time what with all the outlay on the damp-proofing but I can't see another way really.

Michelle I will be working for an old employer packing up product. I worked at home for them once before writing product comparison reports which was fun but when I started having health problems I had to give it up. I really would have liked to have gone back to that but the person who took over from me is still doing the job and not looking to give it up any time soon so I am taking what I can get.

• Like 1

Yay I have taken delivery of the wallpaper :) We are going for a funky 50's retro look and have ordered curtains to match.

sanderson-dandelion-clocks-wallpaper-225

Has anyone heard Jake Bugg before? I really like his stuff and this one in particular. There's almost a minute before he starts singing so you might want to fast forward it

Glad the move is still on Jazz :)

Wallpaper looks good Marion, hope the builders can sort out the plumber's mistake :flowers:

Had an unexpected day off today as Buxton had overbooked their locums. As I was supposed to be working 6 days this week, when they asked me if I wanted the day off, I didn't say no :) Had a lovely morning, then went to the retail park to pick up some guinea pig food - whilst I was there, I nipped into Next and bought a new reed diffuser (as I bought the wrong scent last time and it stinks!). I also got a birthday present for my dad (his birthday isn't till September, but saw a cow mug and thought it would be perfect for him :) ). I also bought a pair of trousers and a top, but unfortunately the trousers are too big, so will have to go back :rolleyes: I never thought a size 10 would be too big for me :biggrin:

• Like 1

Oh very fashionable Marion. I used to have a fiesta that use to be drained by it's battery. Had problems with it so many times got rid.

Can't get a straight answer out of my course provider Alex. Asked some questions before starting this one and decided to make a start and see what happened. I've got another 6 assignments to do for manual side to get proper grasping of what I'm doing. Then it goes over to computerised so will be sent software. No idea how much that will entail. The exam is to be done online at home. If I didn't have so much done the whole thing shouldn't take too long at all but it's going to string out for a while I reckon. I have promised myself this is the last I will ever study. There will be 2 subjects left but I'm not going there. I do want them to send me the materials though as I've paid for the whole thing upfront.

Cool wallpaper!

Yantan, does your car by any chance have a tow hitch with electrics?

No it doesn't Owl. It's just suffering from old age in general I think. It's been a great car up until the last few months and to be honest my mechanic did advise me to cut my losses as it's reached the point when everything starts wearing out & going wrong. He said it's nothing more than a cash guzzler now. Aww, I luffs this car too.