UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

Very warm here today. Archie is sitting out on his sheepskin rug waiting for the DW to come for him.

Ruby got the new ceiling painted over the weekend :)

I discovered what happened to my wallpaper delivery when I had that hiccup last week of the driver claiming there was no one home. He'd gone to the wrong address! After being dissected by a street running across it my street morphs into a different name and the driver had gone to an address on that road with the same number as mine. The owner of the house, having just returned from holiday, stopped by yesterday to ask if I had a parcel for her, although she was not expecting one. She had the card the driver left. I was able to explain what had happened and it was nice to have that cleared up.

Glad you got to the bottom of the wallpaper mystery :flowers:

I have treated myself today to a new toy :) I have just bought a new DAB/iPod/cd radio car stereo system. My brother test drove a car with a DAB radio in it yesterday and it had loads more channels than FM. Usually when I am going to work, the radio signal is a bit pants, so I listen to CDs, but I get bored of those too, so the fact I can listen to my iPod and have loads of other radio stations should be fab :biggrin: It's being fitted now, I am sat at McDonalds having a mc flurry and a lemonade :)

• Like 1

I love my DAB radios Jayne and in particular my Squeezebox on which I can pick up stations all around the world and play my own music through it. I am sure you will have a lot of fun with your in-car version - enjoy!

Well finally after some delay my Will and Grace DVD's have arrived so if you don't see me around much you know what I will be doing!

In fact I am just waiting for the DW to bring Archie home and then me and him are going to have our tea and settle down to episode 1 of the first series. He's been gone for hours - again!

My new stereo is amazing :biggrin: I just paired it to my phone and it played songs off my phone :laugh: Forgot to say it also has hands free calling too, which is useful :) when I went back to pay,they forgot to charge me for fitting :ninja: That saved me £30 :biggrin:

Had to scrap the Daewoo but am collecting a nice 2006 Fiat Idea diesel on Weds. Will be cheaper to run and tax than an older car. Had to go the 0% finance route but at least it has warranty, full service history etc.

• Like 2

Gold star to Ruby for painting the ceiling, not the easiest of jobs, literally a pain in the neck.

My sister and BIL have moved into their new home. Everything unloaded, and then they discovered the loo in the nice new bathroom hadn't been installed. So they moved back again with pillows and duvets, mugs and kettle, and are eating fish and chips and camping in the old place for the night. Good thing their dog is staying with friends during the move, it would completely confuse her and freak her out. Housing association is getting loo done tomorrow.

I have sent suzeanna a text to ask how she is as we haven't heard from her for a while.