UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

I thought you lived in Manchester Alex? Just listening to Real XS, which is Manchester based, and they are talking about all the flooded roads and standing water in the area! Maybe it arrived after you posted..or I'm muddled about where you live.

Lot of thunder in the early hours here, poor Dylan was shaking and panting..Rosie didn't even wake up.

We are in the midst of the worst thunderstorm ever. It's been rattling the windows. Poor Archie is past himself :(

And just to top it all of we have no water! I couldn't shower this morning but am thinking of taking a bar of soap out to the garden and showering au naturel in the rain.

We had a mega thunderstorm that hit here about 6am. Charlie launched himself on me and was really stressed. As he is deaf now, it was the lightning that was stressing him out. Managed to get him to go under the duvet and he chilled out a bit then. Poor little bugger. It's still raining now, feel sorry for Blue who is out in the field in it :rolleyes:

Rob waited 2 hours to be seen in A&E then was out in less than 10 mins :confused: the Dr doesn't think his ribs are broken, possibly cracked but more than likely he's torn something, no treatment apart from take paracetamol & ibruprofen for the pain but it could take 8 or more weeks to heal - unfortunately the pain is really starting to get to him now and he didn't sleep very well last night and is finding it hard to bend or lift his arms up.

No thunderstorms here but we did have a bit of rain during the night which has totally dried up already and its once again starting to warm up.

When I cracked my ribs it took several weeks before they started feeling any better, I'm afraid. Pray he doesn't catch a cold..coughing or sneezing (or laughing come to that) are agony.

Thought the storm had gone but it's started rumbling again, and throwing it down with rain. Hope it doesn't thunder too much, I'm scared of it but having to be brave for Dylan!

We are in the midst of the worst thunderstorm ever. It's been rattling the windows. Poor Archie is past himself :(

And just to top it all of we have no water! I couldn't shower this morning but am thinking of taking a bar of soap out to the garden and showering au naturel in the rain.

sounds like Monsoon season here !

Mark and I are heading to India next month to look at drug suppliers as our normal supply of anaesthesia here has dried up and we need to import , our monsoon season has finished but they have theres now , best pack my brolly

Deep joy Bruno brought along some tiny pals to visit us, so off to the vet I went for Advantage for both him and Nog as if Bruno has them then Nog will undoubtedly get them. Ahhh dogs gotta love em.... but not their fleas! lol

Amazon have now made a minimum order of £10 before goods will dispatched free of P&P. I almost got caught this morning and nearly paid an extra £6.61 on an item. I cancelled it and got it from a Marketplace seller for the same price as Amazon but with free P&P.

Cheeky sods. I have their prime service but they are using cheaper delivery mechanisms so when they say next day it could be anything up to 8pm which kinda defeats the reason I have it. Twice I have been let down by them recently, typically when it was something I urgently needed.

I thought you lived in Manchester Alex? Just listening to Real XS, which is Manchester based, and they are talking about all the flooded roads and standing water in the area! Maybe it arrived after you posted..or I'm muddled about where you live.

Lot of thunder in the early hours here, poor Dylan was shaking and panting..Rosie didn't even wake up.

We had a thunderstorm shortly after I posted. Dry again by lunchtime (at work anyway) but really muggy. Am hoping for more rain.

Amazon have now made a minimum order of £10 before goods will dispatched free of P&P. I almost got caught this morning and nearly paid an extra £6.61 on an item. I cancelled it and got it from a Marketplace seller for the same price as Amazon but with free P&P.

Certain items are excluded but you know there is a way around this - just buy more :laugh:

Moaning :tired:

Still no rain here. It would be good if it did rain, as the garden really needs it. But not between 6 and 7 this evening, as I'll be outside at agility training with Kia, and she does not do rain.

Good luck with the war against the fleas snow. Buzz (one of mum's dogs) has been very itchy recently. No signs of any invaders, but last night all the dogs were wormed and flea treated just in case. Logan's fine with it, but Kia managed to spit out the worming tablet 3 times before I got it down her, and evaded capture for 5 minutes by darting round the house and garden when she saw the Practic. Zooey still hasn't forgiven me for taking him to the vet last week, so I can't get close to flea treat him - that'll have to wait a few more days.