UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

We put the slabs on a bed of sand jazz so that they could rest in that. Then the shed went on top of the slabs.

It was quite hard work as we had to dig out the area the shed was going on, then lump the sand into it and level it out. Then someone else did the shed!! xxx

I've seriously over done it today - too much out in the sun even though I tried to be careful e.g I sat on a bench and watched the boats while Rob, Nick & Vicky walked across the barrage in Cardiff Bay but we then popped in to Penarth to use a cash point and somehow ended up walking round the shops, I put my feet up for an hour this afternoon but then we went to Porthcawl to the fairground. I thought by about 5:30pm it would maybe start to cool down - instead it seemed to get even hotter and there are NO benches in the fairground and NO shade! It was so hot people were still sunbathing on the beach and swimming in the sea at 8pm! I've reburned my already burnt bits and my face is the same colour as a fire engine, a combiation of me being far far too hot and being sun burned - it isnt helping that its "that" time of the month and I've been having hot flushes!! Fecking sods law that the last couple of months its been COLD flushes and now in the fecking heatwave they've gone hot again grrrrrr

We've had to adapt our plans for tomorrow as Rob thinks I need to stay out of the sun for a bit - so instead of 12 holes of pitch n putt, N&V are going shopping in the morning whilst we stay home, then we're all going to the cinema in the afternoon - hopefully air conditioned!

I'm just hoping I can get a bit of sleep tonight as I am so tired but I'm so bloody hot too!

I never thought I would say that wales is hotter than where Sam lives but I am now. Hello to everyone and I hope you are all ok. Ive been very very busy of late so not been on here so I hope everything is going well for everyone.

Hi Lesley , it's a fairly nippy 27 degrees here currently ! I see the UK is having a heat wave :)

• Like 1

Had a nice walk with the mutts. Cuddled a bullock and fed some grass to some ickle baby horsies :wub: Got a pic on my phone which I'll post later.

Have been painting fence panels - 13 down, still got 11 full size, 3.5 half size and both sides of big double gates to do. Seems never ending, but at least I have done the ones enclosing the back garden so it looks like it's finished. There are some behind the greenhouse and garage but I can't see them so they'll be last. Next job will be the six down the side of the drive and then the gates, then the small ones at the front. They look great, even if I do say so myself. I've given the concrete posts another coat as well cos I hate the concrete look.

Time for a bacon butty and then watch the tour de france.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

Archie has just gone off with the DW and her mum. They are doing Whinlatter which has a lot of shade and lots of streams and the big pond for swimming so Archie should enjoy it. They have a pic-nic with them so warned me he might be away for a while. It seems a lot cooler here today although still nice and warm with a lovely breeze. Yesterday was just gross. Snow I feel for you, you had a horrible day yesterday :GroupHug:

I smelled some perfume on a friend the other day and loved it so decided to treat myself to a bottle. It is Noa by Cacherel. Normally I don't like Cacherel scents and I should have remembered that before forking out for this. I don't like it on myself :rolleyes_anim: She popped in again the other day smelling divine again - this time it was Eau De Ciel but that's waaaaay to expensive to buy before trying. Do you think it would be OK to ask her to bring her bottle to give me a test or would that just be too cheeky? She's not a close friend but more than just an acquaintance.

I think it is fine to ask Yantan. I would be really pleased that someone liked it. I wear Gucci Rush and people often comment on it, I am more than happy for them to try it, especially if they said they struggled with liking perfume but it not smelling right on them. I bought a perfume I thought was lovely, and wore it to work...it made me feel so sick and all I could think of was showering all day. I eventually scrubbed myself in the ladies. It was hot couture by givenchy and to this day I still think it is hot chocolate as it was so sickly sweet on me!

Who has stolen our sunshine? We have overcast today! Still warm, but no sun!! xxx

Murtle, i went out in a vest, i was really really cold, came back changed into a t-shirt.... now it's bl**dy hot again!!!! Lol

Jazz, i agree, ask lewis to sort out the shed, and agree about the sand.... do you have easy access to where you want it? if you do then you would perhaps be best of getting one of the big sacks from a builders merchant, if the place it needs to be is a pain to get to then it could be easier to get the smaller bags.

Yantan, i would ask the lady... i wouldn't be at all offended if someone asked me for a go before they bought a bottle, perfume is damned expensive, i rely upon my rellys to buy it for me Lol

Snow, sorry to hear you are still suffering with the heat.... i have to be really careful in the sun now and i slap factor 50 on in the morning before i pop out..... it is the sudocrem one i use and it is a mousse so rubs in well and isn't sticky like the lotions

Merledogs, you go steady in this heat.....i think you should replace your lost fluids with something alcoholic Lol (well thats my excuse for drinking)

Jacobean, hope you have a nice relaxing day and your whiny chap settles down for you