UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

Alex, don't feel bad, Kinky is your cat, you gave him the chance to have the cats company but he wouldn't stick to the rules.... if he has alzheimers, awful as it is at some point he will not remember anyway, also imagine if kinky had a genuine health problem which meant she had to stick to specific dietary food (like my cat), he would still go ahead and do it and make the cat ill.

Gooster, glad to hear ted is improving

i am a pathetic Griff, i needed to say something to someone.... couldn't do it sober so tried the alcohol approach, 1 week of beer and still not said what needs saying as i only saw them sober and only succeeded in making myself poorly.... i want the old me back!!!

Hugs Griff

Alex I'm so so sorry

We thought we were losing Fergus and reading through wondered if they both had the same thing. I still don't know what caused him to be so violently ill. Vets told us later they thought he wouldn't make it through Tuesday evening. But he hung on in there and has come out the other side. He was receiving Reiki and I'm convinced that helped him. It certainly relaxed him when he was all tensed up.

Moaning :tired:

Michelle - I'm so pleased that Fergus is better :flowers:

griff :GroupHug:

I know I said I wanted rain, but ruddy hell it hasn't half been raining overnight and still is. Okay it can stop now cos I need to mow the lawn and I was going to finish the fence today!

Great news about Fergus, he is a little fighter bless him

So Merledogs i have you to blame for the rain do i ???? Lol, i had to put a coat on last night and put my hood up as the rain was so bad, laney gave up on his walk after 5 minutes and wanted home Lol

Jazz, hope the landlord get things sorted out for you, what did they say/do about the damp in the end (sorry if i missed it)

thanks for the hugs, i really don't deserve them, i am just being a coward, it won't kill me to say something but may make my life uncomfortable for a while but true to form i haven't seen the person since wednesday now anyway

Michelle I am so happy to hear that Fergus is feeling better :)

We had a neighbour who was always giving our cat, Pongo, dishes of milk when he was lactose intolerant and they made him sick. She would not be told :banghead:

Boy did it rain here through the night! Everyone's gardens will have reaped the benefit.

We decided to lay the carpet down in the sitting room yesterday just to see how it looked against the newly decorated walls. Mmmmm. 1. it doesn't go terribly well with the new colour scheme and 2. it no longer fits the room as having had the walls re-done has altered the size slightly.

With me having to replace my car it means we can't afford a new carpet just yet so we decided to just put the furniture back and blow getting a carpet fitter in. Ruby hooked the telly up last night and for the first time in weeks we sat and watched it :) Archie came in and got up beside me on one of the sofas and let out a "moo" of contentment before settling down and going to sleep. He's very happy to get back to normal.

There are kinks in the carpet but we have decided not to let it get to us. There are worse things to stress about!

• Like 2

Yantan, if you had been near me we have about 11 packs of laminate flooring we need to get shot of, i am sure Archie is chuffed to have his sofa back in its rightful place Lol

Jazz, hope they do come and get it sorted, i remember my friend had no heating in her HA place and had mould on the walls, she had just had twins prematurely and the housing blamed the problem on her not opening the window.... they expected her to have the babies in a draught. seems they will say anything not to spend money but will happily take your rent

just bought a new gadget, a wet and dry vac, no more leaving the doors open for the floors to dry

morning all

the wake up crew let me sleep till 7 or up to 7.30 now,so thats good

I have 1 more box to tackle today, then ill be able to see all the floor and walls in the living room!

just have to tackle the 'bits' in the hall .....

Good job I remembered in time that I'm not in the office today :rolleyes: Have to go into the City Centre for a meeting, then WFH this afternoon. Not that there will be much of my working afternoon by the time I get home, but I have a few calls to make.

Morning all.

Griff I would have taken you up on the laminate had we lived closer! Now we have a properly level floor we could have laminate installed.

Michelle how is Fergus today?

It is so nice to have the dining room back as a dining room - the PC is in here - and have room to move around properly. It's great no longer having to navigate around the dining table in the kitchen. When we were all squashed up in here we looked like we should have been on one of those hoarders programmes what with boxes and assorted crap piled up all over the place :rolleyes: I washed the carpet in here yesterday with the Bissell pet carpet cleaner I had to get because of George who used to wee when he was fitting and it's really done a good job :) It was a bit sad using it though. Never thought I'd be getting all wistful over cleaning wee up!