UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

might have someone with spare sand I can have. my son is too busy to even answer my calls, so have to sort it myself. :unsure:

been really busy today, as its cooler.

ive spoken to the neighbour, whose bedroom is next to mine. she hasnt got any damp, and doesnt know anything about faulty dampcourse,so dont know why my place is damp

night all xxxx

It's so much cooler - nice!

Alicia is the damp on an outside wall? If so the rendering might be cracked allowing water penetration or if you are on the ground floor the outside area butting up against the wall might be higher than the DPC.

Our damp problem comes from ground water - there is an underground stream running somewhere in the vicinity of our house which has lead to water wicking up the interior walls.

Oh the weather is a lot more manageable today. Hope we don't have thunder around our way as Scoobs doesn't like it and he's had enough to put up with thanks very much. None of us got many winks last night due to him being restless and it being way too hot. Did a bit of gardening yesterday and was sopping. Been out for my 9th run this morning. Have been doing it for 3 weeks.

Snow I hope you're finding it easier today. It really isn't on to make people sit outside never mind having people standing up presenting in this weather. Even our cave with no windows and thick walls was boiling this week and I can at this time of year sit in the office with my fleece on.

Sure your friend won't mind you asking to try her perfume Marion. I quite often like smells on other people that on me smell too overpowering. I still like White Musk from the Body Shop and got myself some of that for the first time in years.

Doing assignment 3 of 8 today

Realised last night that I hadn't seen Mia for a while, but couldn't remember when as she does like to come and go and in this weather will stay out day and night, but come in for food. Got a bit worried when she didn't come in this morning for breakfast (but then remembered she hadn't yesterday morning either). She's just turned up looking very skinny and obviously dehydrated as she's guzzling down water. She can't have been gone for more than a couple of days but she's quite a skinny cat anyway so the weight loss/lack of water really shows. Presume she's been locked in a shed/garage. Poor baby is going to have to have some extra tlc :wub:

On another cat-related topic, I let Kinky out yesterday afternoon unsupervised (she's been kept in all week with supervised garden visits only). Few hours later went to get her from neighbours and there was a fresh plate of food down :mad: She won't come home if they are feeding her so she is on supervised garden visits only for the forseeable future :mad:

RMF : I've been putting some Fuchsias into a big planter. My back has protested so don't think I'll be doing much more today.

Edited by merledogs

I like that Owl :)

Alex how bothered are you about staying friendly with the cat nicking couple? If the answer is "not at all" maybe you should send them a solicitors letter telling them "hands off or else".

I saw this and it made me laugh so I'm sharing it with you all. Fugees with delicate dispositions may like to scroll hurriedly past it.

o5CVV.jpg

• Like 1

:biglaugh: at that story Marion. Bet he will take more care in the future :)

Hope your headache has gone now Mary :flowers:

Hope Mia is feeling better soon :flowers:

Much cooler here today, Charlie is still wonky though. He does have a vet appointment tomorrow morning though :) We need to get Ted to be reviewed by Tom now though :rolleyes: He is mega scruffy at the moment as I had to cancel his groomers appointment when he was poorly. Mum now wants to have a go at trimming Ted herself :unsure:

Last week we were down in the East Neuk of Fife - think fishing villages, Pittenweem, Anstruther, Crail, St Andrews etc.

Cleo was an in patient for 4 days at the East Neuk Veterinary Surgery having a TPLO because of cruciate disease. It is a referral surgery for orthopeadics with excellent staff and facilities.

We stayed in lovely B&B in nearby village- 270 miles was a bit far to come home and go back for her.

The weather was H-o-t....... especially for Scotland. One day was 31 degrees. Keeping Murphy cool when out and about took planning. Thank goodness for air conditioning in the car. It would have been impossible otherwise.

I was worried about how my tomato plants and tubs would survive if it was sunny and had soaked them and moved several into the shade.

I needn't have worried. The weather at home had been cloudy with a minimum temperature of 5 degrees one night.

They all survived just fine and got a good soaking last night when we came home.

However, we have brought the hot weather home with us. Today is scorching but with a nice breeze.

Cleo is home with a bare leg and instructions of NO exercise for 4 weeks. Apparently she was a model patient but is less model now. Poor girl can't understand why she is imprisoned in a buster collar and cage. Once the stitches are out we can dispense with the collar.

At present she is enjoying limited freedom crashed out at my feet.

It is going to be a long 4 weeks.

Don't envy you that. Hope the 4 weeks flies by for her and she recovers well

I hope bride knew he had hygiene issues Marion lol.

Hope Mia is soon back to herself.

Fingers crossed Charlies vet visit goes well & Ted's too. Issie could get dizzy for quite a while after her episode. I had to keep her onlead and be there just incase she went to far over to one side as if she did that she would keel over. Remember guiding her on a straight path in the early days. We have a curve in our close that she struggled to get around without going dizzy and now Scoobs with his 2 front legs only finds it hard to get around too. Seems to give them an inbalance

awwww blackmagic, i have been there twice! one tplo and one banding op, longest 6 weeks of my life Lol, healing thoughts heading cleos way

Gooster, hope charlie gets on o.k and eeekkkk with your mum wanting to trim ted

Yantan, that is hilarious

Merledogs, i would keep kinky in full stop, or go and see the people and create an illness... such as food intollerances and inform them they can foot the £300 bill, i had to do that with my neighbour throwing food on the garage roof, the threat of a huge bill stopped him

Owl, looks lovely

Jacobean, good luck with the assignment

Good luck with the TPLO recovery, Charlie had that op in October 2011. It can be a long slog, but they get there in the end. Charlie started hydro about 3/4 weeks after his op and that really helped accelerate his recovery as it got him using his leg - before that he found it easier to go around on 3 legs than go slow on 4 legs.

Thanks for the positive thoughts on Charlie, he seems to have really aged over the last 12 months. He is 13 and a half, so it's no surprise he is looking and acting old, but it seemed to happen overnight with him :(