UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

Love to Charlie xx and Cleo xx

Yantan, did you notice where that unseemly kerfuffle took place? In the New Reformed Temperance Hall :D The abstemious folk who founded the place must be spinning in their graves so fast they will crack their headstones.

The more I look at that pod the better I like it. :luvlove:

ello

yes it is this time. got a bad stomach so been up an hour or so.had imodium before i went to bed,its stopped 'it' but stomach hurts.might try sleep again in a minute, that or get another coffee lol

can you use any sand as a base for a shed? ive got gravel, woodchip and grass there at the moment, so can any just go on top for the slabs to go on? got someone helping me wednesday hopefully so can get the slabs down ready

trudys giving me bad looks,think ill try sleep again,chat later x

I was back in the loo, so had more imodium. got a few hours sleep

im sitting here listening to the gentle rain, then realised, the mower, strimmer etc are out inthe garden,so have just been trying to untangle wires to bring them in. im a lot cooler,and the rain has stopped lol

Hope your stomach settles soon Jazz :flowers:

Was woken up at 5.20 this morning by ''that smell" all dog owners dread. Ted had had an upset stomach on my bed and on my floor :rolleyes: I cleaned it up and didn't think I would get back to sleep, but I did surprisingly enough :)

Moaning. No I haven't just got up but went out early doors to paint a couple more fence panels before starting work at 8.30 (from the comfort of my sofa).

I haven't seen Mia eat since she came home yesterday, although she may have eaten when I wasn't in the room. She's been drinking lots so I am keeping an eye on her and will give her something yummy for lunch. She's gone off galivanting again so may well eat what the neighbours put out :rolleyes: Possibly it's that which is giving her a dicky tummy if they are leaving the wet food in the sun all day.

Kinky is confined to the rest of the house at the moment while the boys and I are enjoying the sunshine with the patio doors open. She's not happy and being very vocal :rolleyes: She was outside while I was painting the fence panels this morning and twice tried to jump up to escape, but I caught her in time. I really don't want to keep her in because she's been used to roaming for 15 years. I'm just hoping that if I keep stopping her from jumping the fence, then she will eventually stop trying. I live in hope anyway.

Yantan, did you notice where that unseemly kerfuffle took place? In the New Reformed Temperance Hall :D The abstemious folk who founded the place must be spinning in their graves so fast they will crack their headstones.

It did not go unnoticed Owl :jammin:

Uuurggghh Jayne you have all my sympathies but I am glad you managed to get back to sleep :flowers:

I am all excited that Kate and Will's baby is on the way. My neighbour and I have the bunting ready to go up once the birth is announced :)

• Like 1

ello

yes it is this time. got a bad stomach so been up an hour or so.had imodium before i went to bed,its stopped 'it' but stomach hurts.might try sleep again in a minute, that or get another coffee lol

can you use any sand as a base for a shed? ive got gravel, woodchip and grass there at the moment, so can any just go on top for the slabs to go on? got someone helping me wednesday hopefully so can get the slabs down ready

trudys giving me bad looks,think ill try sleep again,chat later x

The ground needs to be level and hard. The shed should sit on cross pieces to allow air to circulate underneath, not directly on the slabs

Here are a couple of sites from Google.

http://www.tigersheds.com/buildabase.asp

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/shed-base-preparation#.Uez7JlOXKuk

Charlie has been to the vet. The vet was lovely, had a look in his ears to make sure there were no grass seeds or anything. She thinks he has had another mild vestibular episode, so has given him steroids for the next week to see how he goes.

Had a blast from the past though in the vets, there was a lady in there who we used to train with before I got Charlie. She had a yorkie called Tatu, apparently she still has him and he's 16 now!

• Like 1

Hugs for Charliegoo :GroupHug:

Marion - thanks for the tip off - I shall also be waiting excitedly for news of our future king or queen :pinkie:

It's so blimmin' hot out there. I've only been pruning and a bit of light sweeping and I'm sweating buckets and it's not even sunny!

ah we have your sun then merledogs, blazing sunshine........love it!!!!! the grass out the front is now brown

i hope the baby arrives safe and well, don't envy that pair at all with regards the press

Gooster, hope charlie will soon be better and lovely to hear Tatu is still going.... i love running into old friends at the vet

Jazz, hope you feel better soon and go steady with the amount you are doing!

Spoke to the vets this morning, dex cats bloods are now in a normal range........ we don't need to go back for 6 weeks Yay, the record for amount of times a dex can spit out the same tablet currently stands at 6 Lol

i have my suspicions i could be on the verge of a flare up.... i feel right sick and have had awful headaches for the past few days and now my joints are a bit sore, i didn't know if it was because i was drinking, will keep an eye on things and if i am still feeling odd in a few days i will get to the Dr, maybe it's the heat?

Jayne, is Charlie on vivitonin or aktivait? They can both help some dogs who have had vestibular attacks. And I hope Ted's tummy is better.

Jazz, I hope the tummy is better.

Alex, I hope Mia's it ok too. And the Kinky quickly settles with confinement. We had to make Zooey an indoor only cat a couple of years ago, due to his allergies to pollen and grass. He was rather put out about it for a while, but he's now happily living as an indoor cat. It's made easier for us though as he's our only cat so we've locked the cat flap, and he won't come downstairs when the dogs are home so we don't need to worry about him slipping out the door when its open for the dogs.

Zooey had his 6 month heart check up on Friday and it wasn't particularly good news :unsure: His heart is larger and his lungs are showing signs of congestion. And his kidney results are high, either because the heart is struggling to push blood through them, or because the hear meds are affecting the kidneys. The vet doesn't want to increase heart meds too much because of the kidneys - so its a bit of a balancing act. Thankfully Zooey is perfectly happy in himself, and we're just going to spoil him rotten and see how things go.

Hugs for Zooey and Sophie :GroupHug:

Griff I am thinking positive thoughts that you aren't having a flare up :GroupHug:

Now we are supposed to have the electrician here tomorrow and the joiner Friday but Wednesday if it's raining so I want rain so we can get finished up! I hope they both arrive as promised as it's just dragging on too long now. We could have been installed back in the sitting room over a week ago had everyone not been so busy.

Its perfectly horrid here this afternoon - really oppressive heat and very humid my head is soaking wet and I can feel sweat trickling down the back of my neck eewwwwww and all I'm wearing is a flipping light cotton kaftan - and yup that is all am wearing. Nick & Vicky are on their way home after a really busy and lovely 3 days with us though I have to say I think personally I would have been able to do a lot more had it not been so hot. I've been really struggling in the heat and am starting to reach the end of my tether with it.