UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

oh well done Owl.... the money was put to good use!! i hope your voles and field mice come back now. our mice are known as mousey brown and we tell the dogs they aren't to hurt mousey brown :rolleyes:

Gooster, is there a healthy option on the menu? at our local indian for 50p they will cook your meal in a healthier oil instead of the ghee they use or perhaps you could have a few of the side dishes instead of a big curry? my dad uses me as an excuse to get a takeaway and he was very upset when i told him to stop fetching me stuff back as i was getting fat :laughingsmiley: he hasn't had one since!

Jacobean, hope your dad is still doing o.k and you fly through your revision

Moaning :tired:

Thanks for the suggestions re pipe/filter blockage, will have a look later :flowers:

Fingers crossed Laney's paw sorts itself :flowers:

Max puked on my part of the sofa last night :sick01: Part of it was brown and horrible BUT at least it didn't smell vile like whenever he's been sick recently.

Kinky with her achille is improving tiny bit by tiny bit. It's a slow process but she is walking on it a bit more now. She's currently snuggled up on my chest purring her head off, which makes it v hard to type :rolleyes:

Beautiful sunny morning if a tad cold. Hoping to do some clearing up in the garden and much needed clean of car today.

Alex you are super woman. I don't think I would be able to turn a washing machine on it's side. Does the machine come up with any error numbers? Could put make into google with problem and see what comes up

No error numbers Michelle, just not drawing water. I have chosen one from argos so will sort that early this week.

Beautiful day here.

I have been doing some gardening for the first time this year. I finished taking down the bits of pergola which collapsed and pulled down another few bits so am left with a front section and back section which both consist of a metal pole at either end with a bit of wood spanning them at the top. I will either take them down or use them as frames for climbers. Amazing how much lighter that corner is now. Now I can actually do something with it to make it a bit prettier as it's more plant friendly.

I've also pruned my wisteria and clematiseseses and roses and removed all the diseased leaves cos they have retained their leaves this year, then gave them a spray of fungicide to kill off any spores.

Patio door is open and the dogs and cats are pootling in and out and the birdies are snacking at the feeding stations. They don't seem to be using the new feeding station so much but maybe it's because it's new.

I need to replace my inbuilt oven ready for renting ( its a double over and one is broken )

google is giving me this as the cheapest so far

http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/tl02-dow/elba-tl02dow-built-in-electric-oven

but I am sure fugees have better suggestions :)

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

I've ended up completely cleaning inside of car, including hoovering it. The neigbours will think I'm selling it lol. Talking of neighbours. Have new lady moved in next door and have discovered she has at least if not 2 Rotties. Looking forward to meeting them. She gave us a cheery wave yesterday so that looks good

Have also cleaned patio doors and have been paying vets bills.

Do you have an electrical clearance store near you Sam? There is one in Manchester that sells things with no boxes etc. I get most of my electricals from there :)

It's a lovely day here, been to the gym and just been to the garden centre with mum and dad.

Am thinking about applying to go on Take Me Out - I don't think for million years I would get picked to be on it, as I am not the kind of girl who usually appears on the show, but thought I might give it a go :unsure: :ninja:

A sorry saga of a fence dispute has rather taken over my parents lives at the moment. Really hoping it can be resolved without any more stress & sleepless nights. My Dad has enough worries without this!

Delighted to get a text from current WagTails guests to say how lovely the house is & today they posted a photo on their facebook page of their Dad pretending to surf on a piece of driftwood on the beach. Lovely weather for them so far.

No further news re James yet. I don't like to text/ring his wife too often

Should really have done some garden tidying but instead cleaned utility/dog room. Lots of brown water after washing their beds! Have cleaned some windows but badly - lots of smears, oops!

A while back reported a dangerous tree to Parish & District Council. It had dropped several large dead bits into the road on a few occasions. Tree was felled a couple of weeks ago & I felt bad as I'd only intended for dead bits to be removed, They've now chopped the tree up and the huge trunk was probably about 80% rotten and half the top totally dead, I feel better now. It was an accident waiting to happen as it overhung the road near a bend. Instead of feeling guilty I will now think of myself as potentially preventing a serious accident!