UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Well done for reporting the tree Whizzie and I'm really glad the current wagtails residents are having a good time :) Do you have a Facebook page for wagtails? You could set one up so that guests can put photos up of their stays :)

Loobie, I tend to find there are some weirdos on internet dating - i do believe there are some gems on there, it may just take a while to find them :flowers:

I am a bit excited the hydrotherapist who used to swim Charlie and Shara has set up on her own after she was made redundant from my pet stop. We are going to be taking Charlie, Shara and Ted every week to help them with their various ailments :)

We do have a WagTails House page - 218 likes which isn't bad as we've only officially been open 2 weeks. People can post there - the only trouble with a Page tho is that most people's settings show posts by the page & not by others. I think that is just a Facebook thing but if anyone knows how to improve on it please tell!

Also don't seem to be able to share from the page so have to copy over

Any experts out there?

We do have a WagTails House page - 218 likes which isn't bad as we've only officially been open 2 weeks. People can post there - the only trouble with a Page tho is that most people's settings show posts by the page & not by others. I think that is just a Facebook thing but if anyone knows how to improve on it please tell!

Also don't seem to be able to share from the page so have to copy over

Any experts out there?

the posts by the page thing is currently how FB is working but they change it regularly , FB will prompt to pay to post as thats how they make money now !

you should be able to share , I will have a look at your page now

Sorry, I've got that wrong Sam, What I meant was that if people share with me I can't find a way to get it over onto the WagTails page unless I save & copy.

I've just popped over & seen 2 new likes - thank you Sam & Jayne :)

Edited by Whizzie

Sorry, I've got that wrong Sam, What I meant was that if people share with me I can't find a way to get it over onto the WagTails page unless I save & copy.

I've just popped over & seen 2 new likes - thank you Sam & Jayne :)

I don't think you can get it onto the wagtails page , what you can do is ask when people post about wagtails they use the @ which if they have are a fan of the page should give them the option to tag your page in the text

the other thing you can do is make Wagtails House a location that people can check into on Facebook and instragram , you might have to be at the location to do that

thinking of Instragram you could make an instragram account as well

Ooh err Sam, you are much cleverer than I am but thank you.

I might ask my work colleague James to have a look at some of this for me when he is back home recuperating from is accident. He might appreciate something else to add to his list of activities for the brain while his body recovers and he loves techie stuff. He e-mailed us on Sunday to say thank you for the itunes vouchers bought with the collection at work

Excellent Jayne!!

I have just say in a meeting. Etiquette wasn't good, no one was introduced to me (new bird) and no explanation was given for what they were discussing etc. Luckily it only lasted 30 minutes, even that was too long!

I can now go back to twiddling my thumbs and completing pointless documents!

Whizzie, I hope your friends op has gone well and that they are home soon.

I have lots of motivation today if anyone needs any...unusual I know!!!

xxx

ooooooooo good luck Gooster!!

Whizzie.... i was totally baffled by HLGS post.... she is a brainy bird! hope James will help out when he is at home and you are right he will probably appreciate something to occupy his mind.

Murtle, that was bit rude wasn't it! doesn't take 2 minutes to say this is so and so and she will be joining us today... i don't like bad manners.

it is a really nice day here today, sunshine and no rain!

Laid up since Sat night with the throat and chest bug which is going round the area. Keeping warm and staying in bed as not fit for anything. It's starting to get better but gets worse if I try to do anything. Good thing we have a big garden. Wispa is out in the sunshine. There is still 1 rat left, she is after it.

Edited by owl

Ooh err Sam, you are much cleverer than I am but thank you.

I am not clever I just had had to learn a few things as I went along

I once had an email from someone suggesting that I get my media and communications team to liaise with my fundraising team re the promoting the volunteer program , I had to email back and say that I was all those teams and I ran the volunteer program as well

they never emailed back , :confused:

Sorry Sam, that makes me laugh. Did you tell them you'd split your personality, have a conversation with yourself and then get back to them?

Yay I have another document to compare to the one I am doing already! It's fun this game, like an eternal game of snap :-)