UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

It is indeed cold but very beautiful here on planet earth today. Jack has even worn his jacket for his morning walk!

One of my friends battled cancer for 11 years but sadly lost her fight at the end of November and we waved her on to the next great adventure. Yesterday I received a Christmas card written by her before she left. Organised to the end. xxx

Be safe and warm today, playmates!!

xx

Will be thinking of Trudy. We are going to the vets shortly. Archie has been nibbling at his bottom and it looks red and sore this morning. It's probably anal gland problems and hopefully getting them emptied will sort it. Fingers crossed!

Loo that must have been a very bitter sweet experience opening the card from you friend.

Gotta go, I need to defrost the car to get Archie to the vet for 10am

Brrr cold. Heating would be wonderful!!

Loo what a lovely thoughtfully friend, though as Yantan says maybe a bitter sweet experience, though hopefully more sweet. RIP x.

Positive thoughts for Trudi and Archie x

My shoulder and arm are hurting still, roll on tomorrow with the osteopath. Normal painkillers aren't touching it and I am loathe to take codeine when Ben isn't here as it knocks me flat out for 8 hours and then when I am able to get up it's in a very woozy state - that light headed drunken feeling. I wouldn't mind so much, but now I am not working...I have so much I want to do!

Little update on FIL, he is able to occasionally get out of bed with help, and he is able to hold conversations. His short term memory isn't good but his recollection can be good for 20 /40 years ago (similar symptoms to dementia, but it isn't, he passed those tests). He is also at times hallucinating, and seeing things that the others can't. The consultant that he has now has had a number of cases like his, but he is still shocked to see it so progressive in someone so young.

Stay warm, toasty and safe lovely peeps xxx

Loo, she sounds like a remarkable lady.

Thinking of you and your family, murtle. Hope your shoulder gets sorted tomorrow.

Trudie & Archie, get well soon.

We are off duty at present as Wispa's tum is bad again. It settled for a couple of days, but as for yesterday, I will spare you the details. Now on 4 small meals of bland food until things calm down. Off to get white fish later. She doesn't seem poorly at all, so she is miffed that we are taking it easy today.

My shower needs replacing, keeps going between too hot and freezing cold, not what you want in this weather.

Moaning :tired:

-4C here at the moment, brrrrr :bigtonstuck:

pah -4 is nothing. I spend most of the end of jan/beginning of feb on Krakow. last year it was -32 at midday one day. I love perogi and the perogi shop that i go to for my lunch is about a 10 minute walk from the office. I made the mistake one day of going without a hat.. wont be doing that again in a hurry.

• Like 1

Brrrrrrr I hate to imagine how cold -32 is! I had a riding lesson on Blue once when it was -13. That was cold enough!

Hope Wispa's tummy is feeling better soon.

:GroupHug: to Murtle and family.

Thinking of Trudy and Archie :flowers:

Still getting weird pulling sensation - happened yesterday when I was throwing a rug over Blue. Have not done any abs work for a week now, so hopefully it will start to improve soon. Am now wondering if it is not a muscle, but connected to the pill I have started taking to stop my monthly visitor from appearing when I am on holiday - have taken it before and got horrendous period pain for about 8 weeks, not getting that this time, but maybe it is related :unsure:

Poor Wispa I hope her tummy is soon better and her life can return to normal.

Archie has an infection in one of his anal glands. Both sides have been emptied and he got a jab into the muscle of his back coming of his hind leg and a bottle of tablets that looks like they should be fed to an elephant! I'd to start the tablets right away so once I got him past the pan stand (he's frightened of it - eye roll) he came into the kitchen and sat nicely to eat his doctored cheese. We go back next week to see how he's progressing and finally, I hope, get his inoculations up-to-date. Every time we've gone to do that the treatment he's had to have for minor ailments have meant they have had to be postponed. As I've told him he's a very lucky boy as it's not every dog that gets inoculations for Christmas!

It's very cold and frosty here - I love it!

I had a nasty experience earlier...my phone went at about 10.15...a male voice I didn't recognise asked my name and pronounced it properly (minor miracle) and then said please could I turn down the radio a little. I was half expecting a call from a solicitor regarding a guy who had an accident near our house so didn't immediately think "call centre!". I went to turn the radio down on the remote, forgetting it had been acting up and instead of turning it down it turned it up..right up. I quickly unplugged the radio then went to speak to the guy but he'd gone. Phone went again and the same voice...obviously foreign now...said You bitch! You bitch! I'm going to f**k you, I'm going to f**k you in the a**e. I hung up...phone went again. Didn't answer. Again. I tried to call 1471 and he was on the line, I was shaking by that time. I unplugged the phone and phoned our local police who told me to ring BT and ask them to trace the call..I did but they said it was a number withheld and they can't trace them, but they can give me free caller id so I can see if it's an international call and not answer it. Not much help really. The phone is still unplugged and will stay like that, anyone who knows me well has my mobile and I'll tell them to call on that.

Sorry bit upset, hugs for any people either suffering themselves or with relatives or pets that are.

OMG Suzeanna that is awful. Go back to the Police and ask them to investigate. I think they should be able to request they trace the number or advise how to make BT investigate. Either way, they should be investigating it. We can't do it, is not sufficient. The can trace prank callers to 999 services, they can trace calls to you.

http://www.west-midl...calls/index.asp

xxx

Edited by murtle
  • Like 1

There is some good info on that link that murtle gave. That was an obscene and threatening call, completely illegal, so maybe you can take it further. The culprit could easily have obtained your name from databases which are sold to firms for cold call selling. He may even have worked for a firm in the past and kept hold of an address list.

If you want to keep your phone connected in the future, you can always keep a dog whistle by the phone. Going temporarily deaf is very offputting to obscene callers.