UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Oh Owl..you said you went to visit your mum, you never said it was in Holloway! Honestly, what the heck are they playing at??

Damn dog next door finally shut up at about a quarter to two...then my on off cold decided to return so my nose was blocked and I couldn't breathe..arghh! Finally dropped off, woke at 4.30 for a while then of course OH's alarm went at 5.20 so that was that. If that dog does it again tonight I won't be responsible for my actions! Neighbour's wife works nights, he sleeps at the front of the house and is pretty deaf so of course it doesn't bother him.

I drove I drove!

and back to normal, sorted out the garage, taking it to a friends to sell for her drop in centre

I'm guessing I've missed something - how do you take a garage to a friend's house? :confused02:

Well done with the driving btw

Edited by eve

well done Jazz... just don't go overdoing things!!!

owl, hope you can get your mums pension sorted out, the dwp never cease to surprise me!

Merledogs, sorry to hear about your old boss

Murtle...glad to hear you are enjoying your free time! never nice to have to go to a job you dislike

Yantan..... i didn't bother with christmas cards for ages but this year i have made a special effort

my bro is back off his hols.... he has bought the animals xmas pressies from the states so no doubt they will be fabby!!! he is giving me his ipod and has got me something else as he felt bad giving me something second hand for xmas.... i couldn't care less if it is second hand or not... if it keeps me out of trouble at the hospital it is fine by me Lol

It's a different test they are doing next week - I think even if they had diagnosed cushings from the original test, they would have to do this one to differentiate the type of cushings for the treatment. Will have to pay for the test and it is about £85 :rolleyes:

Hoping for a quiet night for you Suzeanna :flowers:

Ooh Jayne, that's pricey. That's one thing I've found to be cheaper over here - vet treatment (well, ok, wine is too lol). On Tuesday we took Tiffy to the vet for blood tests and an ultrasound. She has a rather large tummy and no amount of diet or exercise is shifting it. Turns out she has a very large liver - nothing wrong with it except a few fatty deposits, it's just huge for her size. Anyway, blood tests for all the usual cell and platelet counts and liver and kidneys, ultrasound, heart check, month's worth of tablets to 'clean' her liver plus consultancy fee came to approx £95.

Evening.

Guess which plonker managed to shove half a bar of soap down her lug this morning :rolleyes: I was using up the last bit of soap and it crumbled. I managed to shove a piece of it in my ear, then compounded it by trying to clean it out with cotton buds which only shoved it further into my ear. It's been killing me all day so I went to the doctors. After waiting 45 bluddy minutes to see him, he had a look and told me to go A&E because it was too far in my ear for him to reach and was covering two thirds of my tympanic membrane (ear drum). I asked if it would disperse on its own (couldn't be faffed to sit in A&E for hours) so he said to try and run a shower head into my ear to loosen it, which I did and which seems to have helped. My lug still hurts though - I must have damaged it with the prodding and poking of the cotton buds. I'll give it a day or two and if it's still sore I'll go to A&E.

Pension mix up has been explained. The money is coming in via the office which does mum's war widow pension.

We had a walk in Clumber. Wispa has got the runs back but seems otherwise quite well. I wish I could work out what is causing it. She went back to normal over the weekend.

Hope your lug improves soon, Alex.

ooooooooo merledogs you norty girl!!!!!! my ENT fella says you are not to put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear Lol, i do hope the pain eases but if not do go and get it looked at..... not sure if your hozzy is the same but ours has an emergency ent clinic where your docotr writes a letter and sends you along, it means that you don't have to sit in the actual a&e dept

Owl, is it possible that wispa is getting hold of food she shouldn't have thinking along the lines of your neighbour??? or do you have fat balls for the birds? they caused a few probs for me

Owl, could the letter sent to your mum not have explained that and saved a lot of hassle.

Have you had a fecal test done for Wispa. Giardia causes intermittent looseness but is difficult to diagnose as it is not present in every stool. You need to take a sample for three days running, I think it is.

Griff, my mum was a nurse and she also said you didn't put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear- must be a hospital thing.