UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Griff, so pleased your lights arrived, is your dad suitably disgruntled? Sorry to hear you are losing some hair, you'll have to buy some of those clip in multicoloured pieces!

I went to haematology clinic yesterday, not so good as I'd hoped as my platelet count has gone up again. Emma (consultant) said she'll raise my tablets by as little as she can and see what happens...more tablets, more side effects. The other two medications available have even worse side effects, so I'll have to stick with these I think.

Some really nice things on your website Michelle, I suppose I'd better get a couple more toys for my two, not that Rosie tends to play with them, she'd rather chase a ball.

PhoebeJo, keep taking the tablets and have a lovely christmas, and don't forget your girls are old enough now to give you a hand, you don't have to try to do everything alone. Sorry if I've forgotten to mention anyone, hope all poorly pets and peeps soon recover.

Aw thanks ladies. I have other stuff but it's getting the time to shove it on the site.

Sorry your lesson was cancelled Gooster. Weather has been atrocious.

Pleased your lights turned up Griff

Sorry to hear your dosage has had to be increased Suzeanna and hope you don't have to suffer more side affects

Have been to Batleys, to see my dad and hydro with you know who. Dad has said we are not to visit him on the big day as there is stuff going on at the home and chances are we'll turn up and he won't really be able to see us. He has no idea what times things happen. So I've said ok but we'll go see him Boxing Day. Will feel bad because sat with people who sleep all day is not going to be fun for him. I guess he can ask to go to his room whenever he feels the urge.

Gooster, beings as he is a doorman, could you not accidentally go to where he works?? you could then offer to buy him a drink and when he says no (as they can only drink soft drinks on duty) you can casually say some other time then!

Suzeanna, yes my dad id suitably drisgruntled... he did actually say Bah humbug and when i was going on about a light up reindeer and led strand christmas tree he said we could go and buy them tomorrow!!!!! not bothering though as it will be mental. i am sorry to hear your dosage has had to be increased... lets hope your platlet count doesn't go any higher, as for my hair.... it looks better now i have dyed it, i will just need to dye it more often to cover the thin bits Lol

Jacobean, i hope your dad has a lovely christmas day.... i am sure the staff will keep him company anyway, they probably enjoy having somebody who doesn't fall asleep on them.

my old college mate is coming to see me sometime tomorrow which will be nice, i am terrible at keeping in touch but he is as bad as me! we only live 10 minutes away from each other as well

Koi are being dealt with by someone else. It's going to be a delicate job moving them at this time of year. Thanks for your offer, suzeanna.

Remember that 17 yr old collie who we tracked round Gooster's area? Her body has been washed down in the heavy rain, she had been dead a while. :( Run free Holly xx

Such sad news about Holly :(

Hope you get your platelet count sorted Suzeanna :flowers:

Am sure your dad will have a busy day in the home on Tuesday - I remember when my gran was in a home, Christmas was always really jolly in there, and even the residents who usually slept all the time were awake and appreciating the entertainment.

Am not sure about going to find where Mike works, he works somewhere in Oldham, which is not the nicest place for a night out in the world (not even keen on going there in the day tbh as the shops are naff :laugh: ). Also, as I am such a crap liar, there is no way I could pretend I had just happened to go to the club he works in. Other downside is that I hate clubbing - would much rather be outside with the doorman :laugh: Will keep going to the gym, am really enjoying it now and the results are showing - when I was doing a bridge on the gym ball today, I could see my hip bones :biggrin: They have been hiding under a few layers of insulation for a while :laugh:

• Like 1

Totally in awe of all the work you do Sam. My New Year resolution will be to get my fat a*se in gear and start helping dog rescue over here. Providing I can get anyone to understand my 'Franglais' lol

Thats really kind of you to say , you would not be in awe if you saw the list of my outstanding paperwork ( I bloody hate paperwork ) :eh:

My Sinhala is a bit wonky and I do sometimes have to mime which I am sure leads some owners thinking I am totally crackers :blinking1:

Thats really kind of you to say , you would not be in awe if you saw the list of my outstanding paperwork ( I bloody hate paperwork ) :eh:

My Sinhala is a bit wonky and I do sometimes have to mime which I am sure leads some owners thinking I am totally crackers :blinking1:

Lob the paperwork over here Sam. Have plenty spare time to do it lol. (I'll whisper it, but sometimes I actually miss having paperwork to do)

Sleep tight Holly. Bittersweet for her owners - at least they know where she is, but no hope for getting her back.

Yay for lights turning up Griff.

4 fecking am and I am up waiting for my naprosyn and deep heat to kick in so that I can go back to bed to hopefully get the rest of the sleep I was enjoying until I rolled over and the resulting shooting pain in my back and legs woke me up yelling and swearing.

Worked out how I did it on Friday, a fecking big lexus parked over the line next to me in Tesco car park leaving me no room to open my door fully so I wrenched my back struggling to squeeze in thru the tiny gap then of course I was dashing round like a blue arsed fly bending and carrying all morning, thought I was going to be Ok but tonight its kicked off big time. Just hoping that the pills and lotions can ease it up a bit before Tuesday.

Moaning :tired:

Run free Hollie :mecry:

suzeanna I'm really sorry about the meds :GroupHug:

snow I hope the pain is better now :GroupHug:

I tossed and turned for ages and finally got to sleep at about 4am. I feel like I have a huge weight pressing on my chest and the big black cloud which has been kept pretty much at bay for the past couple of years is back.

:GroupHug: to Snow, hope you are feeling a bit better this morning - it really winds me up when people park over the line. The other day I was in a car park and a Smart car was parked over the line. They aren't exactly monster trucks are they?!

Hope you are feeling ok now Alex - remember we are here for you :GroupHug: :flowers:

Ted woke me up this morning demanding his breakfast, usually he does it at about 7am, so I suppose the fact he let me sleep in till 9 is a bonus :) Not got much planned today, will go to the gym and might ride Blue weather depending - it's a bit windy at the moment and as he hasn't been in the field for a couple of days, he might be a bit silly :rolleyes: :unsure: