UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

aww, hope your FIL is feeling better soon.

Mr Gorgeous must start later than 2pm on a Thursday, as he wasn't there today. I suppose if he has the super late shift, he may not start till 3/4pm. Still had a really good workout though :)

Am sat in the hairdressers waiting for my colour to develop and have been reading vogue magazine - it's a whole new world!

Horrendous accident up the road from work today between an HGV and a car. The car driver was killed :(

It took me 15 minutes to get to work this morning and an hour and a half to get home due to all the traffic. Builder was here for 4.30 and I was more than 45 mins late but kept him informed and thankfully he waited. He's downstairs doing it now and I am in the bedroom with the dogs cos they aren't allowed on the concrete for a couple of hours. I'm tempted to put their ickle pawprints in it :laugh:

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

ooooooooo go on merledogs do it!!!! put their paw prints in it and "Alex woz ere" Lol

Murtle, hope your FIL continues to improve

Gooster, hope your hair turns out as you want.... is this the same hairdresser who kept you waiting last time??

my twinkle lights aren't here...... not a happy camper!!! i wanted everything to be just right, oh well might have to go shopping for lights elsewhere

Evening guys , how is everyone ? sorry not been around much as I am trying to finish up a heap of Dogstar paperwork and year end reporting ( its like being back at work ! )

I am taking a few days off from Dogstar over the Christmas break and volunteering at a rough sleepers centre in London for Crisis at Christmas working as a dog handler. I am really looking forward to it although I have been told it's going to be very cold on my overnight shift as the temporary kennels are in a warehouse. I can't imagage how cold it must be sleeping rough in London this time of year which is what all the guests and thier dogs are doing now as the centre does not open till Saturday

• Like 4

Hi Sam - that sounds like a lovely thing you are doing over Christmas. I was thinking of you the other day when I was chatting to one of my patients about volunteering abroad. I remember that Dogstar was born after your trip to Sri Lanka with the Elephants. You have worked so hard since then and Dogstar has grown and grown :)

Hope your lights arrive tomorrow Griff :flowers:

Last half day at work tomorrow - working 9-12 and then going for a meal. Then planning on hitting the gym to burn off the gazillion calories I will eat, then going to the farm and riding Blue :) I love this part time work - get loads of time to do stuff I want to do. Shame it doesn't pay as well as full time work :laugh: :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Evening

So pleased the water leak has been sorted Alex. Yes the accident must have been horrific today.

Hope your FIL improves Murtle

Hope test went well Griff and your lights turn up tomorrow.

Sounds like you've had a good day gooster. Long may it continue and hope business does well next year

Exciting Whizzie.

Get results of my blood test hopefully tomorrow. I'm convinced it's thyroid troubles. The last test did show it to some extent and he just wanted to check me again as it's been 3 months. I haven't done anything about it before now because I was told the results were normal. Erm they weren't. Only ended up having a chat about it with doc yesterday cos I went to discuss and change my HRT.

Moaning :tired:

Sam If the world ends today, you will know that you left an indelible mark on it. What a lovely thing to do :flowers:

Michelle good luck with the blood test. I hope it's something very managable :flowers:

Jayne I wish I could get paid full time for doing part time too :laugh:

RMF : There is condensation on the cement stuff which the builder did last night. At least I am telling myself it's just condensation or else something else to do with it hardening off, because the alternative is too awful to think about.

Last day in work before Christmas. Will be v busy but me and my team are going for lunch.

I have a Kinky cat in my lap, which makes it hard to type. Also the door is open cos I opened it for her to go out. She went outside and when I closed the door she looked so forlorn that I opened it again for her to come in :rolleyes:

If the world ends today, then it's been a blast :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

OMG i have got up this morning and i have a bald spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought things were going too well with this treatment, will wash my hair and make an emergency call to the hairdresser to see if she can help if not the lot is coming off with the clippers!!!

Jacobean, hope your blood results are o.k

HLGS what a lovely thing to do, if i had known earlier i would have sent you some coats to give to the dogs

Gooster glad your hairdresser is punctual.... it always chucks it down when i get my hair cut

Merledogs, i hope it is condensation and as you say if the world ends today been lovely knowing you all Lol