UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Feel for you Alex, what a horrid situation but at least something is happening to move it forwards.Weather is not too cold either for time of year.

Congrats to grannies & well dogs & a big boo hiss to copper pipe thieves. I heard on the radio the other day that scrap metal merchants can't legally pay cash anymore to ensure there is an audit trail & help take away some of the incentive to steal & sell.

I've just had my first booking enquiry with a possible commission to Oldies Club if it proceeds :)

Oh hell hope they manage to get it fixed for you quickly Alex. I really feel for you. Erm shame you're in work 28th too cos so am I. Was hoping to meet up with you if you were in work and I wasn't.

I'm on last level of a book-keeping course Eve so I can get some clients and go it alone. I stupidly paid for some other subjects which I thought would come in handy too so I'm far from the end. I'm hoping to run that alongside my other business and am pushing for it to take off asap.

Griff wish we lived closer cos I could have sorted you out. Really hope they pull their fingers out and get you the food.

Hope burglars are caught very soon and without any harm coming to any of the victims.

Pleased doglet results have come back well and hope you find out what the matter is and it can be easily dealt with soon. Give Fern a cuddle from me Karen.

Scoobs had me out for ages tonight so am blooming freezing.

Doc thinks I've got an under active thyroid (that would explain all the weight gain) so I'm orf for a blood test in the morning.

Edited by Jacobean
  • Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Good luck with your blood test Michelle, shame about the 28th :flowers:

Finally got the job finished at 9.30 last night. When the replacement engineer rang me to let me know what time he'd be here, I asked him if he was actually going to replace the pipes or if he was going to isolate the problem. He said if he had enough pipe in his van he'd do it, so he looked and no he didn't and couldn't get hold of any on his way down as the merchants they use are closed. I wasn't going to be fobbed off so I went to B&Q and bought the ruddy copper pipes myself so he came and fixed the problem. I now have heating and hot water :partytime: Just need to get the builder back to fill the hole and quote for replacement flooring, which will need to be done after Christmas to give me time to find some that I like.

I feel absolutely exhausted now and need to go to work for a rest :tired:

• Like 2

I haven't been around much but have been busy busy busy working and trying to pack. Hasn't been that easy as I am doing it on my own and Stanley doesn't cope with change so be has been extremely stressed and has turned into 'velcro dog', Ashley as ever is Mrs Cool :-)

TODAY IS MOVING DAY !!!!!

Hope all are well. Alex so glad you got the leak sorted

• Like 1

ooooooooooooo good luck Loobie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done merledogs, i like your style of fetching the pipe to ensure the job got done.... if you lived near us we have about 12 packs of unopened laminate that was supposed to go to my aunty.... you could have had that!

Jacobean, shame you have to work, my dad has to go back the day after boxing day and work until new years eve (excluding the weekend)

Suzeanna..... good luck with the blood test, i have the same fate today! it is cold and raining and i am tired and don't want to go!

ct scan for me tomorrow, need to be up at about 5.30am as i need to take my tablets and be at the hospital for 7.45 am!!!!!

can everyone keep their fingers crossed that my christmas lights arrive today please??? today is the last day of their scheduled delivery date..... i am not feeling hopeful

• Like 1

Good luck with the move Loobie :flowers:

Glad you have heating and hot water now Alex :)

Hope your Christmas light arrive today Griff :)

Good luck with the blood tests guys :flowers:

Got another day off today - going to walk the dogs, go to the gym and get my hair done. Mr Gorgeous is working this afternoon, so wish I could go after I have had my hair done - but I have to sort Blue out when I am done at the hairdressers, so guess I have to go with scruffy hair :)

I'm so glad you got your leak sorted out Alex and that you and the rest of the Merle family will have a snuggy warm Christmas.

Good luck with the move Loobie, I hope all goes smoothly.

My friend in Connecticut went to the funeral of one of the Sandy Hook victims yesterday as the little girl's grandmother is also a lawyer and the law community there wanted to support her and the rest of the family. It was very harrowing :(

Merledogs. my dad has just said that you should ask if there is any way of the builder putting a channel in where the pipes are so if it happens again the area is easily accessible to avoid digging up the floor again

Gooster enjoy your day off and you workout

• Like 1

I think it is awful about the shootings, I hate funerals anyway, but to go to one in those circumstances must have been horrendous :mecry:

I have finally received one of dad's presents from amazon. The order I placed on the same day arrived on Monday, so was getting worried that the music police had confiscated it as the cd is that bad. If anyone remembers a couple of months ago, Chris Evans was playing songs that had been covered by the wurzels. Dad thought they were really good, so I have bought him a cd of them. Mum is not too impressed as he will make her listen to them and she hates the wurzels :laugh:

• Like 1

Glad you got it all sorted Alex. What a nightmare x

Gooster...the ruffled look will drive him crazy!!

Marion, love and hugs for your friend. Such a horrible thing but lovely to hear that they are all so supportive of each other.

Jut having a cup of tea before hospital visiting time. FIL isn't all there, though he remembered I was little Mary when I arrived he doesn't really know what day it is and where he is. He knows he is in a hospital but appears to have forgotten he lives in France now. This would be odd as the nurses and doctors are all French, I guess the French accent and the brummy

xxx

Grrr...brumy accent are very similar!!

• Like 1