UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

ive picked up a car full and taken it to the centre,so ive done my xmas bit, mother would be happy about that. my 2nd year without her, and im still carrying on the good work

I am sure she would be very proud :) and I am sure the centre are very grateful as well

I am leaving home in 30 minutes for my night shift crisis centre in east london , I finish at 8.30 in the morning and its 90 minutes back home. I totally forgot that I booked a hairdressors appointement months ago for 11 am which I would feel s*** cancelling so I am going to get into bed early afternoon with really nice hair :blush:

• Like 4

Xmas has officially started here, 8am in McDonalds for breakfast McMuffins, 8:15 Lidl for extra wine and a bottle of Vermouth and a few bits n bobs that Rob decided we HAD to have 9:15 TESCO!!! *big old eye roll* for maraschino cherrys and lemon slices as Rob fancies chinzano & lemonade tonight lord knows why lol and you can't have those without cherries and lemon apparently *shakes head* 10am back home to ring Vicky and ask her to bring cocktail sticks as we forgot those LOLLLLL 10 - 10:40 prep turkey 10:40 Turkey in the oven, stock for gravy bubbling away merrily on the stove. Worst bit to come peeling a ton of potatoes, & sprouts and chopping carrots urrrrg trying to decide whether to par boil the potatos for the roasties today rather than in the morning busy busy busyyyyyyy

• Like 2

Morning or evening ( not sure what it is )

Had an amazing night at the shelter , Crisis are just bloody amazing as are Dogs Trust and Mayhew who help the dogs team and provide veterinary assistance

Overnight I met all the dogs mums and dads as they stopped by the kennels to see them and they all mentioned the Blue Cross really help them with low cost treatments

I was moved to tears at 6 am this morning when the owner of one dog arrived with all the chicken from his dinner last night that he had saved for her. Also very touched by one staffie whose dad had saved up to buy her a really warm sleeping bag so she was never cold as they sleep rough every night

Amazing team of volunteers running the centre which had 270 guests over night

Really nice people and one of the best things I have done in my spare time ever

• Like 6