UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Moaning :tired: :(

michelle - thanks, have just ordered a few toys for the boys. I love the selection of toys btw :flowers:

owl that's such a shame :( I hope the fish get sorted.

RMF : I hope I don't bring anyone else down but I feel truly awful at the moment. My boss was really off with me yesterday. To add insult to injury I had a conversation with my male colleague who sits next to me about religion and I told him I was an atheist and we had a discussion around it. It wasn't until after that I realised that my boss is actually quite religious, so I have probably offended him. My colleague asked me about my beliefs (can't remember how the conversation started) but didn't say what he believed. I am worried now that I offended both of them. I just wish that sometimes I could think before I put my foot in it, but unfortunately it's the way I am, I have no filter between my brain and my mouth. There's other things about the way I am that I worry they won't like but I truly can't help it. I have my probationary review first week back so I am now worried about that because I really don't want to be out of work again :( I will worry about it for the next two weeks now. Not helped by the fact that I've been awake half the night fretting about it, so now I feel really tired and emotional. Sorry to offload and for being so pathetic :flowers:

Ahem Alex. We all know what you're like - you lack self confidence and self belief. You were going to fail every exam you sat, remember? Were never going to get the job you've actally got. Couldn't possibly cope with the workload or be liked by your new colleagues. BUT you passed all the exams with flying colours, got the job, can do the work and have been having a great laugh with said new colleagues. Plus I seem to remember a few posts back your boss actually said you would have no problem passing your probationary period? You've had a helluva few months and the problem with the leak hasn't helped so please try and relax and chill out over Christmas. You are an intelligent, resourceful, talented and very lovely lady and you are going sail through this probation and be a very valued member of permanent staff. Now go and cuddle the doglets, stuff yourself silly and have a few drinks (well maybe not this early, but you know what I mean) and have a relaxing break - THAT'S AN ORDER LOL

• Like 6

Alex - your boss would have to have a work-related reason not to continue your contract otherwise they'd be opening themself up to a discrimination claim! I think you have little to worry about this & have probably imagined things a lot worse than they are. Your boss may just have had something else on his mind.

We are wet, wet, wet... wet & wet. That's one for me & one for each dog but grateful we have a warm cosy house to return to. So much towels washing I have run out of washing tablets & can't face going shopping just for that. My parents are coming to lunch so I may be scrounging some of theirs!

Right - operation clean, then cater!

Best wishes all & hope I have not breached website protocol mentioning mine.

• Like 1

Website website website :-)

Alex, you are refreshingly honest. I personal thinks that says so much more about you. Religion I am odd one, but to be able to have honest discussions is a positive, not a negative. Your opinion counts as much as anyone else's.

it is raining today so we are doing household chores before heading off to the hospital. they have decided that FIL can't be cared for at home so the next few days will be spent looking for a maison de retraite for him.

Sorry for everything I have missed, but I remember a happy new dog home, great news Owl and hope the koi are as fortunate. Why do people forget the fish?!

xxx

• Like 1

Thank you peeps :liebe94: Now you've made me cry again :rolleyes: I am going to try and have a nap and hopefully I will feel better, then I need to go food shopping, which should be fun.

On a more positive note, I was going to collect Kinky from the neighbours last night, opened the door and in she ran :wub: Let her out this morning and she's been in and out several times, so she's definitely enjoying being back here again and I'm enjoying having her because she is such a little character. For instance when I'm eating she'll sit on the back of the sofa and try and swipe my food en route to my mouth :laugh:

Now if only I could stop the neighbours feeding her (despite me telling them recently) and locking her in when they go out :mad:

Edited by merledogs

Alex, as all the others have said. Your religious beliefs have nothing to do with your ability to do your job. Maybe your boss was stressed about something else.

I have quite an outdoors day planned today. Listening to the rain batter my windows, this is not good. Have a riding lesson scheduled for 2.30, but unless this rain bogs off, I will be cancelling it :angry:

• Like 1

Absolutely chucking it down here too. Garden is like a mudbath. So pleased I scrubbed all the floors yesterday lol.

Love the website Michelle. Can see a few things I'll be ordering from there.

Lovely news about the Rottie/GSD boy Owl.

Totally in awe of all the work you do Sam. My New Year resolution will be to get my fat a*se in gear and start helping dog rescue over here. Providing I can get anyone to understand my 'Franglais' lol

• Like 1

oooooooooooooooo thanks Merledogs.... i will deffo be ordering in the new year!!!!! dogs can never have enough toys can they??

Alex, you are entitled to your beliefs just as your boss and colleagues are entitled to theirs..... just because you don't believe in the same thing doesn't stop you from doing your job bl**dy well !!! i agree with the others, you are fab... we all know that and i am sure your boss knows it too, now have a great crimbo and what will be will be...don't fret over things! with regard Kinky, excellent that she knows where home is and as for the neighbours feeding her, could you get a letter off your vet outlining she is on a special diet (even though she isn't) and get one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Please-Do-Not-Feed-Me-Collar-Cats-/290826784768?_trksid=p4340.l3484

we too have a boggy garden... i nearly slid over in the mud earlier Lol..... christmas is saved!!!!!! the twinkle lights arrived and are now in the living room window

• Like 3

Yay for griff's sparkly christmas lights :partytime:

Me n the boys went back to bed and had a nice kip :sleep:

If anybody wants a laugh, have a look at Fifty Sheds of Grey. Someone bought it for my colleagues as a secret santa and we were having a read of it. It was absolutely hilarious :laugh: It's an easy read, a small book with a succession of jokes, some of which are rood. It's aimed at males but also v funny for women who have the same sense of humour as me. If you buy it on Kindle then it's only 20p.

Gooster - There may be hope! ;) I met my husband in a gym. He worked there as an extra job, a couple of sessions a week.

Ace! There were a few reasons why I joined the gym - lose weight for Egypt in January was the main one. Meet a bloke wasn't far behind it in the reasons to join a gym :laugh: Shame I fancy one of the instructors whose classes I enjoy, if it was a random bloke in the gym I would ask him out no probs (and then crawl under a rock for a year and change my gym schedule if he said no). I just don't want to ask him out and then not be able to go to his classes anymore through making a fool out of myself :rolleyes: Hopefully Sherilyn (cleaner) will have some good news next time I see her :)

Am really frustrated with my sky box today. As I cancelled my riding lesson, I thought I would have a nice afternoon watching Olympia on the tv and writing my farm Christmas cards. Went to switch on the TV, no satellite signal received. Unplugged sky box and went upstairs and did some tidying. Came back down, plugged it back in, still no signal :angry: I know I live in a valley and the weather is cack today, but surely in this day and age, a bit of cloud shouldn't stop my tv signal :angry: So instead of having a nice relaxing afternoon, ended up tidying my house :angry: :laugh: