UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Well done for the weight loss Griff :)

Weather has been minging today, thankfully it stopped raining whilst I was at the farm though :)

Only got half a day to work now before Christmas :santa: However I do have stuff planned for the rest of the week. Charlie has his blood test tomorrow, he's got to be there all day, and it's a fasting blood test - think he will be ravenous by the time I can collect him, as he has 2 blood samples taken - one 4 hours after they inject him with the stuff and another 8 hours after they have injected him. Dad said it is a good job I have a strong dog guard in my car, so that he doesn't eat me on the way home :laugh:

Hope the Carol service went well and you get into the Christmas spirit Cindere. Hasn't really happened for me either yet. I'm painting the conservatory/sunroom/Kai's room at the moment so maybe when I've finished that I'll be able to get into the spirit more. Was all wooden panelled high ceilings and looked like a swedish sauna - it's now more like a Brighton beach hut lol. Hope Kai appreciates it.

Beautiful Taffy photo Alex. Pleased you have Kinky cat home again.

Marian - Gold have Morecambe and Wise on over Christmas if you get that station.

Lol at Michelle winding up dogs. Glad you've got another assignment out of the way. What course are you doing?

Hello to Liz. Long time no see. Gorgeous holiday home. We bought one of those a few years back then decided not to let it out and ended up living here lol.

Glad you're feeling a bit better Loo. Good luck with the Christmas shopping.

Where you going in France Murtley? Pop in for a drink and mince pie if you're passing my way lol.

So pleased you got to see your son and grandson Suzeanna. It's hard when they're far away. My son lives in Glasgow now and I only get to see him a couple of times a year. But he's coming for Christmas with his lovely girlfriend so I'm looking forward to that.

Yay for Trudy Jazz. Really good news that it's "just" infections that can be treated.

Good luck for Charlie at the vets Jayne

Edited by eve

Moaning :tired:

murtle I hope you have a lovely holibob in France :flowers:

Evening. It certainly has been persisting down in good old Warrington today Alex. Are you in work at all over Xmas/New Year?

I finish on Friday and then not back in until 3rd Jan, apart from one day (28th) when I have to be in because everybody else is off :flowers:

trudy has the all clear! shes got 2 major infections, which we are dealing with

phew

:partytime:

Charlie has his blood test tomorrow, he's got to be there all day, and it's a fasting blood test - think he will be ravenous by the time I can collect him, as he has 2 blood samples taken - one 4 hours after they inject him with the stuff and another 8 hours after they have injected him.

Good luck at the vets Charlie :flowers:

My poor OH has been stuck on the M25 for hours. He's travelled 5 miles in 6 hours :ohmy: and is tired, hungry and bursting for the loo. God knows when he'll finally make it to the flat.

Hope he made it back okay and that he's still not sitting there :flowers:

morning you lovely people xx

is there a westie person about? my friend has taken on a lovely westie, but shes too lively for them, shes about a year old. living with a dog and a cat and a 10year old. she doesnt want her to go to a rescue, rather straight from her to the new owner. thanks xx

Eve- 6hrs on M25 must have been hell. Hope he has recovered.

Bon voyage to Murtle & a happy day to everyone else. Thank you for the friendly welcome back.

Must learn to use the multiquote thing but my laptop is ancient and prone to crashing if I get too clever! New one coming for Christmas then a change in internet contract - will get wireless at last, ridiculously overdue!

Charlie has his blood test tomorrow, he's got to be there all day, and it's a fasting blood test - think he will be ravenous by the time I can collect him, as he has 2 blood samples taken - one 4 hours after they inject him with the stuff and another 8 hours after they have injected him. Dad said it is a good job I have a strong dog guard in my car, so that he doesn't eat me on the way home :laugh:

Is this the cushings test? Fern had this done last week and was starving before she left home! She made such big eyes at the vet nurses though that they gave her some food as soon as the second sample was taken. Fern's test has surprisingly come back negative which is good but doesn't explain the hair loss, ravenous appetite and massive drinking. Hope that you get an answer for Charlie.

It is the cushings test. His initial bloodwork strongly indicated cushings, even though he is not your typical case. Acth test was inconclusive. He is just always hungry, peeing throughout the night (which is unlike him as he has always been really clean). He hasn't had any coat changes, but he has always had a weird coat.

Dropped my little man off at the vets, he wasn't too impressed :(

Just got home and decided to treat myself to a shower with all my luffley soap and glory goodies I bought on Sunday. I smell yummy now :biggrin: Now going to go the gym (Mr Gorgeous works on a Tuesday morning :rolleyes: ) and then go and finish my Christmas shopping :santa:

I ordered some dirt trapper mats on Saturday. I can't remember who posted the link, but the mats have just arrived :). I'm chuffed to bits. I wanted them for my extension to save having muddy paw prints all the time.

The mats I ordered were the ones with logos on, they were £30 for 6 mats, each mat being 5ft x 3 ft. I shall have to cut them to size, but what a bargain they were!. I was going to order 3 mats @ £18, but I would have had to pay £9 p&p, so that would be £27 for 3 as opposed to £30 for 6. No brainer then :)

For some reason, my poujd sign isn't working :-/

Edited by cindere528