UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Morning all.

I remember you Whizzie. Make sure you get your own time booked in for the holiday house, when I had mine it used to book up so fast that when I did want to use it there was often nothing available. Not that I wanted to stay in it - it was only 15 miles from where I lived LOL - but I did want it occasionally to put up family who'd moved away. Anyway I wish you lots of luck with it. I am sure you will do well as it is so dog friendly.

I am sitting here prevaricating when I really need to go and get on with other things.

Hello Refuge Folks

I've not been on here for ages as, amongst other things, I've been very busy setting up a new venture that may possibly be of interest to some of you. I have bought a lovely house in Pembrokeshire that will be both our holiday home and a dog-friendly holiday let. The Oldies Club are my 2013 Charity of the Year and I am giving 10% commission to them on holidays (up to a max of 10) booked by people quoting "Oldies" or telling me they are an Oldies Supporter.

If you would like to have a look the website is http://www.wagtailshouse.co.uk . We are also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WagTailsHouse so do pop over and give us a like..

We open for guests in Feb and it would be great to raise some money for Oldies Club (as well as helping recover some of my massice spend!)

Feel free to ask me any questions if you wish.

Best wishes to all who remember me

Liz

Hi Liz , give me a prod in the new year and I will post links to wagtails on our facebook , twitter and website.

Moaning :tired:

Hello Whizzie :wavey: Hello Sam :wavey:

Off to a supplier review in Chorley today. Fully expect this week to be hellish, can't wait until Friday.

Hello :)

Good morning to everyone. I am on the recovery side of flu but still very shakey. It's been a tough week but my kids have been leaving supplies of paracetamol and lemonade on the front door step for me - I must check to see if there is a cross painted on the door!! My eldest did venture in to make me a cup of tea one day! I've watched lots of Christmas films - which also included a lot of rubbish ones - but have yet to complete my Christmas shopping. My future son in law is proving the most difficult to buy for - I hope I am strong enough by the weekend to get out and source something!!

Merledogs - I went to grammar school in Chorley and avoid it like the plague now!

Rant warning

A guy I know has bought his son a pup for Christmas. The guy has not worked for two years (genuine medical reasons) and is up to his ears in debt. The son is 16 and will be joining the Army next year. It's a bitch pup and, googling locally, he must have paid £360plus for it. I am totally convinced he's bought it to breed. I am so so angry.

Thank you. xx

Have a good day, y'all!! xx

Thanks for the hugs guys.

My family make me laugh, we went out for lunch yesterday and then they gave me our presents so that I can take them to France. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but they took up most of the space in my little Ford Ka and they actually think I can carry all that plus any clothes I need for 3 weeks. My brother-in-law suggested I didn't need to take them and got a filthy look! I think he is right though. I will be on 3 trains, the tube and the metro they are very optimistic about my carrying abilities. Sister got, BIL to take them to my car case they were heavy...their logic surpasses me!

A little improvement in FIL yesterday, he was able to recognise them, though he didn't make any sense when he talked. Illness can be so cruel.

Sam, that is very funny!! and We wish you and Mark and Dogstar a Happy Christmas too xxx

Could someone please ask the Amazon man to deliver my parcel please. I need to pack it. Thank you :-)

• Like 1

Murtle Amazon have just delivered me something I ordered on the 14th, it was dispatched on the 15th and arrived today the 17th so they are getting their skates on. I hope yours comes soon.

Amazon in the USA are even faster. I ordered something for my friend in Connecticut last Monday and asked for it to be gift-wrapped as it's her Christmas pressie. It bloody well arrived the very next day! I couldn't believe it and she says it's beautifully wrapped too.

I've had little Evie here with her mum whilst dad took Sadie and Archie out for a walk :)

• Like 1

My son and grandson made it up to see us, arrived around tea time on Thursday and left again yesterday morning after a cooked breakfast. It was lovely to see them but I'm exhausted, Aidan is a very lively little boy and despite looking angelic is very self willed and doesn't take kindly to not being able to have his own way. The dogs were delighted to see them arrive but even more so to see them go I think...they did nothing but sleep for hours! He loved them to bits but you can have too many cuddles and kisses when all you want is a bit of peace. My daughter in law has got her own way over trying for another baby (arghh!) and is now taking Clomid, I just pray she doesn't have twins! We did ask Aidan if he'd like a little brother or sister and got an emphatic No!, if she does have another it's going to be a nasty shock for him not to be number one any more. No sign of any problems with his knees whilst he was here although he does have a cold now, so we are much relieved although somewhat puzzled.

I still have some things to get for Christmas and it's just dawned on me I've only got a week. Gulp. Wednesday morning I have to go to hospital for a blood test, that's two buses each way so the mornings gone, then Friday morning same again to the haematology clinic, I think I'm running out of time!

Suzeanna, i am glad you got to see your son and grandson.... with regards the baby...my cousin didn't want a brother or sister and her brother arrived when she was 8... she has hardly anything to do with him, she is 17 and he is 9, she won't come downstairs until he has gone to bed!!!!! now i don't get on most of the time with my brother but even i'm not that bad Lol, hopefully if a baby arrives he would feel better but given the situation with the MIL i would think they had enough to deal with!

Murtle, we have just sent a 20kilo parcel to spain for £27, perhaps next year your family could use a courier instead of trying to dump it on you! our parcel arrived in 3days...beats royal mail in the uk!!!

i am getting impatient..... my christmas lights haven't arrived, it did say by the 20th but i want them now!!!!!!!! i need to get them up without killing myself in the process! i am a bit happy today though as i have lost 10lbs since seeing my consultant..... another 4lbs and he should hopefully stop moaning at me Lol

Thank you Sam for the offer of sharing WagTails House on Dogstar media. That is very kind of you. Love the video! If my venture is successful I hope to support more charities in due course.

Sorry to hear about poorly and overloaded folk. Hope everyone is better &/or sorted soon. One person in our office has kindly shared his filthy cold with lots of others, just hoping I've escaped. A lot of us are not impressed by his "generosity" - being brave and coming into work sneezing and spluttering over everyone else is rather selfish. We all tried to send said person home but he wouldn't be persuaded.

Should hedgehogs still be out and about? It's quite mild here for December but I didn't expect to see them still roaming about the garden. They seem to have built a home under our decking and come out of an evening to forage for food. Think they like snacking on the bits of fatballs that the birds leave behind

Evening. It certainly has been persisting down in good old Warrington today Alex. Are you in work at all over Xmas/New Year?

Fingers crossed you don't catch the cold Whizzie and enjoy your break in holiday home. Thanks ever so much for helping Oldies Club

Murtle years ago one of my sisters who I'm no longer in touch with bought me a humungous lampshade. To this day I have no idea why as I was only in my teens at the time and I had to take it all the way home on the train with suitcase from Ipswich to Liverpool.

Eve hope hedgehogs make it through the winter ok cos don't expect to see them tottering about no.

Griff well done for losing the weight. Hope your health is improving.

Suzeanna so pleased son and grandson were able to make it.