UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

That's disgraceful. No way should she ever be asked for passwords to her emails. Have to wonder what interviewer is up to. If she has a career of many years then maybe cut down on info for some of the older stuff but have in anything relevant to the type of work she is looking for. Shouldn't not include all of the jobs you have had.

The shootings in a Connecticut school have shocked me terribly. They're little kids why do that to them and their teachers, i just dont understand. So many dead and the others completely traumatised, so bloody sad :(

It's not far from where my friend works and one of her co-workers lives close to the school. It's just beyond my comprehension why someone would want to kill like that. Most of the victims are kids - their poor parents. I can't even begin to imagine how they must be feeling :(

Turned the oven on for dinner as I really fancied a nice hot pie with lashings of thick gravy after a long wet horrible day. Only to find the oven doesn't heat up anymore. Luckily the hob works so was able to cook pasta and sauce. I have 3 days to get it fixed - one of those being a Sunday.

Thanks for those sites Snow, I tried that site for haircuts and it is confirmed I have chubby hamster cheeks and the start of a beautiful double chin. The styles looked really funny on me, but will see about trying one.

Really shocked to hear about that shooting, dreadful for all involved. :crying_anim02:

So sad about the shootings :(

I think it is totally out of order for your friend to be asked for passwords at a job centre - I would definitely be reporting the interviewer :angry:

It's my mum's birthday today and dad has bought her an iPad. She is a bit useless with it and can't seem to work it unless me or my brother are looking over her shoulder (this is my mum who can't work a mobile phone :laugh: ).

Moaning :tired:

Marion hope Ruby feels better soon and that you don't get the bug :flowers:

Owl I hope your friend reports that interviewer and they get disciplined, because that is just not on :mad: Good luck on today's transport run :flowers:

I've not seen anything about the shootings yet as I havent caught up with the news, but sounds horrendous :(

Can everyone please speak quietly today please cos I may be a tad hungover from last night :tired:

RMF : Have to go and pick up a parcel today - well at least I assume I have to because the post man didn't bother writing anything on the card he put through the door and nor did he even bother knocking cos I was in and the dogs would have told me if he had :mad:

Edited by merledogs

Turned the oven on for dinner as I really fancied a nice hot pie with lashings of thick gravy after a long wet horrible day. Only to find the oven doesn't heat up anymore. Luckily the hob works so was able to cook pasta and sauce. I have 3 days to get it fixed - one of those being a Sunday.

Do you live alone? If so, I suggest you get yourself a Halogen Oven. I bought mine about 5 years ago and hardly ever use the big oven nowadays. Halogen ovens are great for cooking meals for one.

Owl, that certainly isn't right and i too agree that a formal complaint should be made, my dad has a job but always looks on the directgov job site thing... he used to get on o.k with it, now however they have changed the format and they want his name, location and email address!!!! it is all very big brother to me and told him not to enter any details.

so very very sad about the shootings of those poor children.

Murtle, hope you get your oven fixed soon

Gooster, enjoy your riding lesson and half day work and also your gym workout...... i just got some of those reebok easytone shoe things..£20 from sportsdirect, they are dead comfy too

Merledogs..... hope your hangover soon goes...... i hope you had a good time

i have an ever growing list of jobs that need to be done by christmas and i just can't be bothered...nothing big but little faffy things really.... no doubt they won't get done Lol

We did have fun thanks murtley, it was a good laugh :flowers:

murtle I've got a Sharp Combination Oven with a 40L capacity (most microwave types have around 20L-26L), which is mahoosive and plenty big enough to do roasts, etc in. I used to have this model and now I've got this model and they are both brilliant. The first one is an older model but does the job as well as the newer one :flowers: Wouldn't be without one now.

RMF : Feckin Parcelforce :mad: Bloke didn't bother knocking yesterday (I'd have known cos I was in and the dogs would have barked). He just put a blank card through the door so I've no idea what he's done with it. So I went to the sorting office, who didn't have it. Went to the Post Office and they didn't have it. Tried next door neighbours and they didn't have it. Rang the Parcelforce depot and the recorded info said that they would automatically try to deliver again on the next working day, but obviously I won't be here so hopefully he'll leave it next door. Someone is going to get a rocket though :mad:

Edited by merledogs