UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Griff I love sportsdirect. They don't half have some bargains!

Ruby is up and about and feeling much better. She's even going to take Archie for a walk although he's going to her art group with her en-route. They are having a little Christmas get-together today but as Ruby doesn't feel like up to eating a big lunch her and Arch are just going to pop in.

Alex I feel ill even just thinking about your hangover! I hope you soon feel 100%.

We did have fun thanks murtley, it was a good laugh :flowers:

murtle I've got a Sharp Combination Oven with a 40L capacity (most microwave types have around 20L-26L), which is mahoosive and plenty big enough to do roasts, etc in. I used to have this model and now I've got this model and they are both brilliant. The first one is an older model but does the job as well as the newer one :flowers: Wouldn't be without one now.

RMF : Feckin Parcelforce :mad: Bloke didn't bother knocking yesterday (I'd have known cos I was in and the dogs would have barked). He just put a blank card through the door so I've no idea what he's done with it. So I went to the sorting office, who didn't have it. Went to the Post Office and they didn't have it. Tried next door neighbours and they didn't have it. Rang the Parcelforce depot and the recorded info said that they would automatically try to deliver again on the next working day, but obviously I won't be here so hopefully he'll leave it next door. Someone is going to get a rocket though :mad:

Ohh that first one is the pretty much the same oven I've got Alex, I would never be without one mines the R963 like this one: http://www.microserve.co.uk/sale_dn.htm I've always gone for a 40L combi I like the fact that the Sharps have both a turntable AND proper oven shelves - I do also have a hob/oven which has turbo boost and all kinds of fancy settings, but thats only ever rarely used - will probably do the Turkey in it as I've got an extra extra large turkey this year but last year I did do my turkey in the combi.

Thanks Snow, now I know that the R963 was the one I used to have, not the one on the first link! Thought it looked different from what I remember :flowers:

As I said, I would never be without it now and it's cheaper than using a big oven. I don't use mine on a combi setting (basically cos I haven't sussed how to do it yet), only on either microwave or convection.

i hope you manage to retrieve kinky..... if they want to see the cat then they should be popping her out before they go out... it isn't like she is homeless. as for the courier....i had a right row with one yesterday, he turned up a few weeks ago asking me to take a parcel in for my neighbours.... i don't speak to them so said no...he gave me a right gobful, yesterday he delivered a parcel for me and 5 minutes later he was back... asking if i would take a parcel for 8 doors away!!!! i said no i don't know them, he said it's fine i'll leave them a card telling them you have it... i repeated i didn't know the people and wouldn't accept parcels for anyone except my nice next door neighbour (who does the same for me!) i can do without having to sit and wait for the door to knock as i am not well if i am asleep i won't be happy being woken up...again i got a mouthful...god knows what he was saying but next time he comes back he will get a gobful back!

Yantan, i agree sports direct is great, i buy the dogs rugby balls and footballs from there as they are so cheap when diez kills them i am not upset Lol, i have got some lovely Kangol jeans from there.

Evening. Always glad when it's this time on a Saturday as the madness stops. Could only get a 3pm appointment for Scoobs hydro today so his dad took him there and I went to visit my dad on my own. As it turns out that worked out well as dad decided to have one of his heart to hearts with me and wanted to discuss stepmum and us. I told him there is no animosity on my side and the last time I spoke to her I said that the offer of us going round there to visit and do stuff was still there. I was thinking of ringing her on and off and he said no don't. She has properly fallen out with you. He said he knows only too well exactly what she's like and he's had lots of ups and downs with her. She has lost the person who was going in to help her walking the dog and doing bits of shopping for her etc as she's done something to her foot and is stuck in a wheelchair at the moment herself. I said well tell her the offer is still there that I'm happy to go and see her, do stuff. So my conscience is clear. Came away feeling relieved that at last my dad does realise that I haven't done or said anything out of turn. I also told him to put himself first from now on and strive for what he wants. Said the offer will always be there for me to adapt our house and he can live with us any time but it's little steps and he's hoping to move into a rehabilitation centre some time in the next 6 months. I know there is more he isn't telling me as this is such a turn around of events. Maybe he has known the truth all along and is only now up to being able to digest it and deal with part of it. I spoke to his new social worker on Tuesday and was left with the impression she really doesn't care for stepmum and she advised my dad went mad over something she had interfered with. Anyways we're a little step on now. It's a long journey to go yet.

• Like 1

I'm glad you had that conversation with your dad Michelle.

I took in a delivery for the folks opposite us on Thursday, I don't mind for them as they are nice but it was a chuffin great heap of clothes all on hangers. The only place I had to put them was in the hall on the coat pegs and they just about filled the entry way into the house. Never mind I thought it'll only be until they come in later. Wrong! They'd gone away and didn't come back until late last night. I nearly did myself an injury carting them over. In fact I did do myself an injury to my all ready hurty shoulder. They said they didn't want to come over to disturb me in order to collect them last night with it being so late and I was norty to carry them over - but I wanted rid of them!

I will take in for anyone who lives permanently on this street if they are pleasant but I absolutely refuse to take in for next door - horrible people that they are.

• Like 1

Rant alert, Feel free to skip,

Well family Christmas in prezzo tomorrow...will be glad when it is over. I don't know why they think I care if they can't get a jumper in the right size for someone whose Dad is currently on a drip in hospital in arm restraints who doesn't recognise him. Sorry I really struggle with my family :-(

Sorry haven't read back properly will catch up shortly x

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Michelle - I'm glad you had a heart to heart with your dad and that he knows it's her and not you. I hope he sees sense enough to come and live with you :GroupHug:

Maz - Be careful missus. Have you got their phone number in case it happens again? Then you could ring them when they get in and tell them to collect the stuff. :flowers: Was it a Next delivery by any chance? If it was then they would have known when it was going to arrive.

Murtley - have a big hug matey :GroupHug:

RMF : Dogs allowed me a lie in this morning :wub:

RMF again : When I went to collect Kinky from neighbours last night, as soon as blokey handed her to me she started purring her head off :wub: In ya face for him who thinks that she doesn't like it here. She even likes the dogs now :wub: although they are wary of her cos she's a feisty little madam.

Edited by merledogs

Thank you for the hugs they are muchly appreciated.

Sorry for ranting.

Marion, naughty naughty. Mustn't hurt yourself more. Hugs for a hurty shoulder though xxx

Michelle, glad you got to talk to your Dad.

Griff, I would report your postie If he keeps pressurising you. It's not on. Our postie will leave things with our neighbours but when he is really busy he apologises as it's not a quick get away from one of them and he is so polite!

Wonder which safe place I stashed the family Christmas cards I bought...so far it will just be my nephews getting cards!

Good girl kinky xxx