UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

I grew mine long for a change, then ummed and ahhed and ummed some more about having a fringe cut in, once I did I was actually very happy with it. There are some websites that let you upload a photo of your face to try different hairstyles styles & colours I've played around with them from time to time when trying to decide what to have - theres others that go by face shape and suggest styles that would suit.

Hmmm so a couple know what styles suit...one uses a bowl and one allows te hairdresser to choose! I normally go with Jazz's option but the last cut wasn't good! I also want something that is more professional so I look my age at work as people are always shocked when I tell them. The problem is they treat me much younger too. But I don't want to loose my young look for out of work!!

I will look for those sites and a photo thank you Snow

Xxx

Afternoon.

It's been a bit manic today, but I've got everything done I wanted to, including SS pressie for work and a pressie for our team administrator. Weather here is horrid, really rainy and cold, which didn't help with the traffic. The world and his dog seem to be going into Manchester today. I was late for my conference call and now have to do an hour or so's work to make sure I work the half day. They want me to do a mock audit next week, but I am busily getting a tender out, so have told them they will need to manage their expectations.

I'm now going to do some work, then have a nap if I have time, then get ready to go out tonight. Taxi's arriving for 6.15. If you are out in Manchester tonight and you see a fat bird in gold shoes staggering about, that'll be me :laugh:

Alex I hope you have a fab time tonight mate.

I've had to phone the medical centre to cancel Ruby's appointment as she was too sick to go and see the doctor (that sounds nuts doesn't it. LOL) I explained that she's never stopped being sick since the early hours of yesterday and can't even hold a sip of water down :( The receptionist told me she'd get a doctor to ring me back and one did a couple of hours later. Having talked to me and then Ruby he said he would make a home visit in the next half hour and he was as good as his word. He's given her some anti nausea medication that she holds between her lip and gum and having taken just one she was already chirpier. She's now asleep on the sofa and has now gone for more than 2 hours without being sick :)

For the third day running I've had to take Archie out and have really knocked myself out doing it. I am dosed up now on Tramadol. Poor Arch only got a 20 minute run round in the park but he did what a dog has to do and which he won't do in his own garden so it's all good.

I do so hope that I don't get this damned sickness thing too.

Evening. Finished at 3 today so did some shopping and am now being domestic goddess. Martyn is out on his works do.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to get with it and catch up with you all daily. It's been so cold hasn't it yet someone reminded me that this time last year we had thick snow so maybe we're doing better than thought.

Transport run today in lousy weather but got it done and glad to be home. Another one tomorrow, something tells me it's the Christmas season.

Does anyone have any recent experience of job centres? My friend who has been made redundant had an interview re jobseeker's allowance, and the interviewer wanted the password to access her private email account to monitor her emails. Friend said she would gladly forward copies of all relevant emails sent and received to the job centre, but did not want her password details to go on job centre records. She was told that people are usually agreeable to handing over their passwords. We think that is a porky. Interviewer had already told my friend that her detailed account (4 pages of A4) of what she has done so far to seek work was completely fictional as no one would have done that much in a couple of weeks. She was also told that her CV was unsuitable, as she needed to apply for a job as ledger clerk and should not mention her previous 9 years as accounts manager or any of her advanced qualifications. The interviewer said she must do this in order to get a job quicker. My friend said she was not prepared to lie on her CV, and pointed out that if she got a job under false pretences she would have to go on lying about her life which was not acceptable, also she could hardly give her last employers as referees as the truth would come out at once that she had held a senior position. Interview ended on very bad terms. My friend meanwhile has 3 interviews next week for senior posts. Everything crossed for her!

So do I, and this is quite likely to happen. She isn't reliant on the Job Centre to find her work, she has signed up to several agencies who are being much more positive. But she is worried that her jobseeker's allowance may be held up, as she also refused to go on a couple of very basic book keeping and spreadsheet courses because she is well qualified in both and prefers to spend her time looking for work. I think it's a question of getting stats to look good. The more people go on courses the better it looks even if the courses are not appropriate.

No wonder the job stats are looking better, they are trying all kinds of fiddles. I suspect my friend is waiting until she gets employment before making a formal complaint about the job centre.

Edited by owl

I have no experience of the job centre, but I do know that passwords should not be handed over for any accounts.

I'd urge your friend to make a complaint to the relevant body / department as he may well be pressurizing others into similar situations.

I wish her all the best in her job search and will keep my fingers crossed that she gets at least one of the jobs she is being interviewed for!

• Like 1