UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Morning :wavey:

It was a bit damp & drizzly earlier, but looks like it's going to brighten up,

Carol Service at Church this evening, that should get me in the mood for Christmas. Let's face it, something needs to get me in the Christmas mood, cos it's not happening yet, despite having put the tree up & written the cards.

Bah Humbug :mad1:

Had a lovely longer-than-usual walk cos the dogs were enjoying pootling with their friends and the mummies were busy chatting.

Taffy is such a friendly boy :wub: He ran over to say hello to my friend and then had a game of chase with her two lurchers :wub: He runs over to say hello to most people and if they are 'friends' then he gets especially giddy :wub:

I do luffs my beautiful boy :wub: Random photo alert :

8-9.jpg

I can't wait until Christmas day so I can open my nooo digital SLR camera. It's been ages since I've taken any decent pics of my boys, so I'm going to go a bit mad. Expect tons of photo threads!

• Like 2

Aw lovely photo Alex :wub: And yes the delivery I took in was from Next! I did wonder why the neighbours would order something and then go away for 2 days. It seems even odder now that I know they would have been informed of the date of delivery in advance. Perhaps it was something that came up suddenly and couldn't be helped.

I'm sat here waiting for the chuck wagon to arrive with the week's groceries.

Ruby bought a Christmas tv guide yesterday. It's mostly carp apart from 3 or 4 programmes. Remember when Christmas tv was exciting with a range of great films and things like The Morecambe and Wise show?

With Next if you place the order by 9pm then it's next day delivery, which they would have known unless it was stuff which was out of stock, but if it's lots of stuff arriving at the same time it does sound like they placed an order and then went away. The couriers are home based and normally leave a card with their mobile number on so maybe next time you could explain the situation and say you can't take the order in.

I've done jack all today, can't be faffed :rolleyes:

Afternoon

Feeling very relieved as have just sent off answers to assignment 7 to course provider. 2 more to go. I've been doing this level since April. It's becoming very tedious and is always bothering me at the back of my mind like a little devil. I will be glad when it's all over. Stupid me has another 4 subjects to go yet. God knows how many assignments will be involved with that! Supposed to finish within the next year so I'm really going to have to put other things aside and do this damn thing.

Glad Kinky cat is back home and enjoying it. Hopefully she will stop going near to them as time moves on. Taffy is adorable and look forward to seeing more pics.

Murtle big hugs I'm so sorry things are so tough

Marion don't be doing yourself a mischief for other folk. Next time if they're not in shove a note through their door asking them to come get the stuff

Have a rare rest of the day to please myself with what I'm going to do. I have a feeling it will be xmasy. Putting tree up, wrapping pressies and doing cards. Doglets are getting excited gawd knows what they will be like when they see the tree go up lol. No siree it has absolutely nothing to do with me getting them giddy. Nope. erm maybe just a bit. Oh ok then yes

• Like 1

Hello Refuge Folks

I've not been on here for ages as, amongst other things, I've been very busy setting up a new venture that may possibly be of interest to some of you. I have bought a lovely house in Pembrokeshire that will be both our holiday home and a dog-friendly holiday let. The Oldies Club are my 2013 Charity of the Year and I am giving 10% commission to them on holidays (up to a max of 10) booked by people quoting "Oldies" or telling me they are an Oldies Supporter.

If you would like to have a look the website is http://www.wagtailshouse.co.uk . We are also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WagTailsHouse so do pop over and give us a like..

We open for guests in Feb and it would be great to raise some money for Oldies Club (as well as helping recover some of my massice spend!)

Feel free to ask me any questions if you wish.

Best wishes to all who remember me

Liz

• Like 1

I did indeed meet you and your Pulis Owl & gosh that was a few years back. I think you may know/know of my friend Sandra who lives a mile away from WagTails House, also in Hook.

Thank you Gooster We love the house, the setting, the whole area....and hope to live there one day, but for the moment we need the jobs we have here in Bucks & to be here to look after my parents. Sadly my Dad has mesothelioma (asbestos related cancer). At least we should get first dibs at getting a holiday tho! :cool03:

Sorry to hear about your dad, Whizzie.

No, I don't know anyone around there except the folk at Dumpledale which is where we met. It was a long time ago as both pulis have gone to Rainbow Bridge, Humphrey in Dec 07 and Polly at this time last year, and they were each a good age. I remember Polly got lost in the potato field that day!

No pulis now, but a mad pointery lurchery fing who does tracking.

• Like 1

Moaning!

Tis nice to find a few people on here from a while back. :) Hard to imagine you without Pulis Owl but I had seen mention of you out tracking so that explains it. My house is only a few miles away from Little Dumpledale by the way. I think maybe you knew Sandra's auntie in Ceridigion Owl, she has definitely mentioned you.

I finish work on Friday too merledogs & am off until after new year :pinkie: We get to go to WagTails for a few days ourselves.