UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Apparently, there is nothing BT can do about international calls.

We have contacted our MP and he has taken this up as well but got the same answer.

We now have caller ID and an answering machine.

We do not answer unknown numbers, withheld numbers or international calls ( we do not know anyone who would phone us from abroad).

If it is important they will leave a message.

If we recognise the caller we can intercept the call.

Suzeanna I've just been on the phone to a friend who was getting a lot of nuisance calls and she invested in a TrueCall monitoring system which she cannot praise highly enough. I know you probably don't want to spend near a £100 for the sake of one horrible call but if it did escalate (I hope it doesn't) you might be glad of one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TrueCall-The-Nuisance-Call-Blocker/dp/B002GP7HQM

oh suzeanna, how awful...... i used a smoke alarm when we were getting nuisance calls...drove me nuts and the dogs didn't like the noise but the calls did soon stop.... totally agree with the others, it must be able to be traced otherwise all the criminals would be 141'ing before conducting their threats/crime calls.

Poor trudy and archie, laney has took bad again....was shaking head to foot last night, metacam given and he settled....up this morning and he is the same again panting and shaking so we are going to the vets tonight but my usual vet isn't there.........major panic as he knows how laney behaves normally..... i hope they can find out whats wrong as this is the second time in 2 months this has happened.

Gooster, hope your tummy pain settles down

Owl - somewhat vague comment coming up. We have an electric shower, by Mira. When ours goes hot and cold alternating in a shower, it is something very simple for a qualified person to fix. We bought a new shower once as we thought it was broken. The nice man says it is something to do with limescale build up on something inside. He replaced it cheaply and quickly for us.

urgh, Christmas shopping. Utterly hellish. Why don't stores put slippers, dressing gowns and nightwear together? In John Lewis, dressing gowns were with the towels and bathroom sets, and slippers were with all the normal shoes. I gave up looking for pajamas. Customer services in Boots was terrible and considering today was a week day I'd hate to be going out at the weekend! However, people in Waitrose were lovely, both customers and staff :-)

How can it be -1 already outside?!

so when do you have to move out? have you got somewhere to go to?

Probably not until spring 2014 but don't want to spend another winter here so will aim to move autumn next year. Various possibilities but if stuck will put a touring caravan on mum's drive and live in that.

Good thoughts for Laney x

Wispa has improved a lot, I suspect she was having a problem with lamb nature diet. We had to give up lamb kibble & change to fish.

Thanks murtle, will get someone to look at it. I thought it would probably cost more to mend than replace, but if it's simple it's worth fixing.

Edited by owl

Blimey there's a lot of poorly dogs and peeps and rellies so sending hugs to them all for a speedy recovery :GroupHug:

Asked my boss today if I would pass my probation and he said I had nothing to worry about.

I let Kinky out this morning cos her mouth is much better. Feckin neighbours have gone out and locked her in the house :mad:

ahhhhhhhhh that'd be it now merledogs.... the cat would be staying in!!!! mine is an evil git for the first day or so and then gives up wanting to go out, cats are difficult as they do have a tendancy to roam

Murtle i find john lewis a bizarre shop, my dad needed those sleeve band things that people use to hold up shirt sleeves, we went to the shirt dept who sent us to habidashery????? and yes they were in with the sewing stuff...very odd!

Owl, when our shower did that it was the thermostat...my dad did ours, hope it is nice and cheap and that you find somewhere lovely to move to without a cow of a neighbour like hyacinth!

Jazz, hope your little ones swelling goes down soon

we have seen the new vet....who is lovely!!! i am really difficult with vets and this one has passed my test, she was lovely, friendly and so kind to laney, she is unsure as to what is causing the shaking, she said it could be pain but she can't find where from so if it happens again i am to film it in case he is fitting and then further investigations will be needed, he has some more metacam as i felt it helped and a course of antibiotics and instructions that if i am not happy to call them immediately, he only tried to eat 2 dogs Lol