UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Snow, there is a body you can complain to about your solicitor. Years ago, I was selling a parcel of land...my solicitor took so long getting the paperwork sorted that the buyer, who by that time had found out he wouldn't get permission to develop it, pulled out. :mad1: It lost me some very much needed money! I got the bill from the solicitor and sent it back with a polite letter explaining why I had no intention of paying it, and never heard another word about it, so he obviously knew he had made a mess of things! It would be all the same if you weren't buying from your brother, these idiots could have lost you a property.

I think I'd be inclined to make a complaint Snow - that sounds rather shoddy work to me. I was once selling a property and both the buyer and I were very keen for a quick completion and told our respective solicitors so. Boy did they work well together and had it all sorted out in a matter of days and with the minimum of fuss and bother. Don't let them fob you off with "it was beyond our control" - it should be even easier than it used to be with so much being accessed on-line nowadays.

Hello chaps

I too am trying to make a bit more of an effort with catching up with folk online , I have recently decided to cut my Dogstar hours to some thing that fits within a 9-5 day and take a lunch break ! plus I don't work evenings now ( well maybe the odd hour but not all evening )

hows things for everyone ?

Sam

• Like 1

Well unless they work after 6 pm and I doubt it - then we have not completed, needless to say I am not a happy bunny, I have sat here waiting all damn day, I had plans, a take away for tonight to celebrate but more importantly I wanted to go up the cemetery and take flowers for my mum & dad and just say "thank you" and share the moment kinda thing *sigh*

Hello Sam! Just thought of you as I used the link from Dogstar to order from VetUK.

How are you (apart from overworked) and how are the Sri Lankan donkeys doing?

Thanks for vet uk :)

I am doing okay thanks , I have been putting it about a bit since I was last here !

Last year I was living between UK , Sri Lanka and Melbourne ( where I was working for 5 months ) , over Christmas and new year I was working at Kings Cross Station training staff ready for the new station concourse opening which was bloody cold after Melbourne ! then 8 weeks in Sri Lanka , 2 weeks in USA at the Humane Society United States annual conference in Las Vegas and also doing work experience at the LA SPCA ( which was awesome ) 10 days after I returned from the states I had to go to Sri Lanka to cover a team member who needed an urgent operation and I ended up staying for 3 months ! ( I think Mark thought I had left him )

got back to the UK 6 weeks ago and just enjoying being here for a bit !!! Its a lot quieter now Aisling as left home to go to Uni as well

My Donkeys are still in a work in progress we are waiting for the wonderful world veterinary service ( Luke Gamble worldwide vet chap ) to allocate us an equine vet and then its back to do a feasibility study. I love Donkeys and had no idea they were there , but as they were trapped in the middle of the war zone for 30 years I am sure not many others did either

Hiya Sam - waves madly. Welcome back :)

Hello :) buggered if I know how to do a wavey smiley but I am waving honest

My RMF : is that I am off to the gym which is where I go in the evenings to stop me working :unsure:

• Like 1

Evening :tired:

Looonngggg day today - the conference went on until gone 5.30 and then I had a couple of drinks with the new team. Most of them are staying for dinner and overnight, but obviously I couldn't leave my babies. I got home just after 7 ish.

Michelle - I was at the Park Royal Hotel in Stretton :flowers:

Been awake since 4, so v tired.

Hellooo and WB to lots of 'old' newbies or new oldies :flowers:

Gooster joined us for our expedition today and a good thing too, as besides taking us round one of Holly's usual haunts Wispa followed the trail to a new bit of woodland and a different village which hasn't been postered yet. But we didn't know how to get back to the start, it would have been a long trek simply to retrace our steps, so Gooster guided us down a path through the woodlands and checked all the boggy bits first with her tall wellies so we didn't go in over the tops of our walking boots. Then Wispa and I had tea and biccies at Gooster's before trundling home.

• Like 2

Glad you got home safely Phebe, was lovely to meet you and the very beautiful and talented Wispa :)

Have had a lovely day today, had a brilliant walk with the dogs in the morning, before meeting Owl to search for Holly. Then went to the farm and met up with some people who were on my old farm who I haven't seen for over 2 years :)