UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

With regard to the secret Santa, I don't mind organising it :)

Have been norty today and come straight home and had a Chinese and wine instead of going to the gym. Oops :rolleyes: Have been offered a job with one of the practices I locum for, am really flattered, but am not going to take it at the moment - would mean guaranteed money, but earning a lot less than I get for locumming.

• Like 2

So glad Bebe is safe :cheer:

Problem neighbour on warpath again. Happened Weds eve, just before I got back from Carrbrook. I'm sure she took advantage of my absence as she tried to bully my friend with the mini horses because she is in 20s but won't face up to someone her own age. Becky has been doing fencing and replacing the makeshift shed with a smart new one. She was just finishing up knocking in some posts in the dusk at about 7 when neighbour started screaming VERY foul language at her and threatening to call the police. Becky didn't answer but simply left. She didn't tell me until today, I think she was too shaken up, but was worried that I might get the fallout.

If neighbour had been on civil terms with Becky, then we could have asked her when she would be out so fencing could be done then. If she had simply asked Becky to finish for the time being that would have been fine. But she won't cooperate as she says Becky has no right to be on the land, and is treating her and the mini horses as squatters even though they have permission of myself and the landowner. I think this lady is a tad unbalanced. If she carries on like this I will report her to the police for threatening behaviour, which would give her a wake up call as she thinks she is better than the rest of us plebs who don't live up to her standards. :D

Moaning :tired:

suzannea : glad it's not just me :rolleyes:

Bebe has been found late morning. Cold, wet, hungry and tired but otherwise ok :cheer:

Fantastic news :flowers:

With regard to the secret Santa, I don't mind organising it :)

You're a good 'un and well done for being offered the job (it's nice to be wanted even if it's not right for you) :flowers:

owl - might be worth getting in touch either with the council or the police (not sure which one would be appropriate) cos it sounds like she needs an asbo.

I agree with Alex, Maybe not wait owl and get the police involved now. To leave someone shaken from verbal abuse is sooooo wrong and you have too many examples already :-(

I had a bizarre giggly day at work yesterday...the two people I work with needed it and hopefully it has broken some of the tension between them.

Am off to do the parkrun today but need to get some clothes on or I will be running in my Jim jams...

Good morning all. It's the weekend and the sun is shining overhead although the mist means I can't see the mountains yet. It's going to be a lovely day!!!! My weekend boss rang last night to ask me to work Sunday instead of Saturday and having today off feels like a treat!! It's all in the mind.........

I'm so lucky with my neighbours. The lady on one side is in her 80s and we have been neighbours for 14 years now - she's lovely. The young couple next door that moved in a couple of years ago are very nice and polite and have just fenced their backgarden in with a 6 foot fence all round - they obviously want privacy and that's fine by me!!

Wishing everyone a share of this sunshine and a jolly weekend with ease from aches, pains and stress xxx

• Like 1

Owl, it's an offence to use obscene language to another person in a threatening manner, so I'd tell your neighbour that, and that if she ever dares to do it again, you will be phoning the police. No ifs or buts.

Had a worrying experience last night..I was having a bath, and OH took the dogs out for a walk. When I let the water out and tried to get up, I couldn't! My hands have no grip at the moment and are very painful, and I couldn't hold the sides of the bath to lift myself up, couldnt get my feet under me because the bath was slippery with bath oil and my left knee doesn't bend fully! It took around ten minutes of squirming in different positions before I managed to grab hold of a tap and lever myself up!

• Like 1

Owl I called the police when Miss Czechoslovakia got in my face shouting at me in a threatening manner and they took it seriously. I would definitely have a word with them about your neighbour. Had that been me instead of the young lass I would have called them there and then. Oh one other thing - next time she starts try and capture it on your phone if you have that facility. If you can switch it on unobtrusively so she has no idea your recording her - bingo! I earwigged in on Miss C telling her version of events and saw a complete switch of personality. Fortunately she is known to our local police so the officer attending knew it was an act but without that I have wondered which way it might have gone.

Jayne you are a star for offering to organise SS should Cheryl prefer to take a back-seat this time.

Suzeanna you have all my sympathy regarding the bath. I haven't been in ours in years (I hasten to add I am in the shower on a daily basis!) I just can't get out once I have struggled to get in what with sore joints and a knackered shoulder.

murtle - please do run in your jammies (and don't forget the photos) :happystrange:

suzeanne - for your scary experience :GroupHug:

loo - enjoy your day off :flowers:

ewww, marion is smelly connie_mini_smelly.gif

RMF : Timmy appears to have some sort of lump on his front leg, right on the joint. He's chewed it raw (at least I think it has, unless he's scraped the skin or got bitten and it's become infected).

Edited by merledogs

Not nice being stuck in bath. I can only get out if one by turning over and getting on hands & knees, as no leverage in damaged ankles. Only a shower here, but I must admit to enjoying a bath when I get the chance.

Becky doesn't want me to take action this time as it's her word against Hyacinth's. If it happens again and especially if anything happens when I am here the police will be called at once and I will also flip on the recording thingy on my mobile. It's not really a council matter. Hyacinth should be grateful that she has no worse neighbours than us. I think most of the problem is that she knew the elderly uncle of my friend who own this place, and used to come and light the fire for him and cook pies etc for him. She pretty well put herself in charge. Then another friend of the owners came to stay, man in 30s, and according to her she used to look after him. He certainly needed no looking after, I think she just used to come over and try to mother him. So she thinks she is in charge here and doesn't like me coming here and doing as I please with the place without taking much notice of her.

I could point out to her that if she can't cope with a few posts being knocked in, she will be unable to cope when the house is demolished and rebuilt!

Is anyone in touch with Corrine Day, whose name on here is Lizzie? I haven't been able to get in touch with her for a while and am worried :unsure: She had a problem with her leg, I am wondering if she may be in hospital. Have phoned landline, sent text, send Facebook message but she doesn't seem to have been active anywhere.

Good :flowers:

RMF : I am supposed to be going to West Didsbury today as one of my ex colleagues is leaving Manchester to move to Frimley Green in Surrey. I know it sounds awful but I don't want to go. I've got stuff I need to do today and tomorrow and if I go I know I'll end up staying for hours and then end up having to do everything tomorrow (and some of it won't get done). I may have to make an excuse.