UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

You should have got a photo Snow! Glad all went well.

Have you looked at Marks and Spencer Outlet online Alex? they have some lingerie at cheaper prices than the stores.

Griff, thanks for the link to the SW recipes..the silly thing is, if I followed them I'd be eating about three times as much as I do normally, so I dont see how I would lose any weight!

Edited by suzeanna

Ouch Griff, if you can see a good osteopath they should be able to sort your tears out, otherwise ice the areas. It's awful but my shoulders so similar and it is very very painful. I am very very lucky to have a wonderful osteopath who has healed me numerous times

I used to like M & S too buy like so many places I find the stuff I like is usually made from synthetic. Fibres...and I don't want that in my trousers :-(

I have just completed my worst timed half marathon. I don't understand why the more training I do (not over training but following a training plan) the worse my running is becoming. Tis very disheartening :-(

Yantan, hope new DW loves Archie as much and takes him out to play more!

xxx

Thanks Alex, Yes, I do. I usually train, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday but I don't know why I feel so awful out there...todays time is slower than I have down previously with no training at all!

Just Catching up and saw goosters note about height. Other half is 6ft3 (and a bit) and I am about 5ft1 ...one thing I have learnt is wearing high heels will never make me near his height, but it does impede my speed of walking to keep up with him! xx

• Like 1

Hugs and celebrations where needed!!

I've had a wonderful weekend which was very unexpected as my best friend is away on holiday with her hubby (I ask you!! :) ) and I expected a quiet time.

The concert was amazing and wonderful!! I am a little violinophobic and they played Prokofiev Violin Concerto No 1 - well I don't know my rachmaninov from a rack of lamb so expected my ears to bleed but it was quite excellent and very enjoyable! The fact that the violin solo was a bit of eye candy was no bad thing also! Alexander Sitkovetsky anyone??? I would love the elf service to come up with cut price tickets for the rest of the season but in case they don't I have put Christmas wishes in with les enfants for a couple of performances in the new year (with piano solos!!)

Today is my baby boy's birthday - 26 years old - where did that go!! His birthday pressie? A Morphy Richards 4 barrelled toaster in red. You're welcome!! So last night 10 of us tootled off to the local tapas bar (yes, I live in Penrith!!) and had the most amazing time. I was mother of course, arrived there first and was just being served a Long Slow Screw when les enfants and partners and friends arrived. Oh Mother!!! he he he!! The food, atmosphere and company was delightful and they ensured I got home safely - in almost a straight line!!

And today the weather has been glorious so JD and I had a long walk this morning and have made cupcakes this afternoon. Baby girl was sent home from work early because she is full of a cold and sent fiance around to collect cake after I posted a picture on facebook! I am expecting eldest son and wife around shortly to collect their car (parked up here from last night) so they shall take some home. Baby boy is apparently already tucked up in his own bed, not having slept at all last night, so I shall drop cake off there tomorrow. JD and I have shared one btween us!!

Just want to share my joyfulness with everyone and wish you all a brand new week as yet untouched!!

xxxx

• Like 3

The other dog walker is coming to meet Archie tomorrow and take him out. She's only a pound more expensive per hour so that's not so bad. She sounded really nice on the phone and dog savvy. She's fully insured and has been in business for a few years now so she should know what she's doing. She is happy to fill in for our regular DW especially around the time the baby is born. We can be flexible too which will help her organise her day. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

There is probably somewhere in the world where yucca wrestling is traditionally performed at weddings to bring good luck and prosperity to the happy couple. Glad everything went well.

Loo, that sounds great.

Good wishes for all hurty people, get well soon.

My friend had a horrible shock on the M20 this evening. She saw 2 people on the bridge she was about to drive under, they were throwing stuff, no chance to avoid it. Next thing a block landed on her roof with a huge crash. She pulled over on the hard shoulder, very shaken, her dogs were terrified. The car behind also pulled over, with a smashed windscreen. Why is this someone's idea of fun?

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Just want to share my joyfulness with everyone and wish you all a brand new week as yet untouched!!

xxxx

Really pleased that you had a fabulous weekend :flowers:

Thanks Alex, Yes, I do. I usually train, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday but I don't know why I feel so awful out there...todays time is slower than I have down previously with no training at all!

I hope you get back to peak performance soon :flowers:

Good luck Archie with the DW today :flowers:

My friend had a horrible shock on the M20 this evening. She saw 2 people on the bridge she was about to drive under, they were throwing stuff, no chance to avoid it. Next thing a block landed on her roof with a huge crash. She pulled over on the hard shoulder, very shaken, her dogs were terrified. The car behind also pulled over, with a smashed windscreen. Why is this someone's idea of fun?

OMG what is wrong with some people?! :mad: Do these morons not realise that they could literally kill someone and end up in prison for murder, or do they just not care?

RMF : My last day as a free woman before I become a wage slave again. I shall make the most of it.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

Hope Archie and the DW love each other!

Oh Owl,what a dreadful thing to happen to your friend. There are some seriously strange people out there. I'm so glad nobody was injured.

Merledogs - enjoy your freedom!!

Now I'm off to scrape the ice off my windscreen before I go to work! :)

Owl, that's terrible! I must admit it always worries me if I can see people standing on the overhead bridges...I can't see why they can't put some sort of wire frame around them sort of shaped like a buster collar, so things can't be thrown down.

Enjoy your last day of freedom Alex..take it from me, who was off work for "six weeks or so" nine years ago and never got fit enough to go back, that being at home all the time soon loses its attraction.

Owl what a horrible thing to happen. I hope your friend and her dogs are feeling OK this morning. Thank dog none of them were hurt. I hope if they catch the numbskull's that did it they charge them with attempted murder. This sort of thing makes me very, very angry.

Alex enjoy your last day of freedom and very best wishes for tomorrow mate.

I wonder if Snow is still getting the giggles when she thinks back to the wedding? LOL.

Amy I see you. Stick around!

Poor Archie will be rarin' to go when the new DW gets here as he didn't get out yesterday. Ruby was planning to walk him when she got back from the Midlands, where she'd been attending an art event, but was taken ill in the morning and was feeling wretched by the time she got home around 3ish. The new DW was telling me that she has had several reports from the regular DW about Archie, all extremely favourable. Please, please, please don't let The Archibald blot his copybook today then!