UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Good morning everybody!!!

Watching MammaMia the other night it struck me that besides being a fun sing along film it's basically about the daughter inviting an absent father to give her away on her wedding day.

Hum - that is ringing a very large bell just now!!!!!

I'll get over it. (shrugs!)

Eventually!!!!

Have a good day!!! :) x

Oooh Loo I love Mamma Mia! You will still play a very important part in your daughter's wedding (just as you do in her life) You will be Mother Of The Bride and I'll bet the first person she looks at when she turns around as a married lady will be you. If your ex comes to sit by you at the ceremony make sure you get him in the foot with a heel - "oops did I just puncture your foot with a stiletto, so sorry". Mmmwwwwaaaahh.

• Like 1

I hope you are right Snow, this has dragged on for far too long!

Loo..when my daughter married, ten years or so ago, she invited her dad, by then my ex, to the wedding. He asked was my OH going to be there, she said yes. He said he wouldn't come if that b****** is going to be there, she told him no way was she not inviting my OH so her dad stayed away and my OH walked her down the aisle. We had a wonderful day and evening. I think she's spoken to her dad half a dozen times since then and actually met him twice.

• Like 1

If shes on facebook just get her to message me Sam.

Just had the call - we have completed! I am now sitting here sobbing my heart out - which wasn't quite the way I thought I'd be I AM so pleased its done and that the house is now mine finally but oh how I wish that it was still my mums.... going to go up the cemetery later with a big bunch of flowers.

• Like 2

Snow...in your mind the house may always be your mum's...but it's your home now. She'll always be in your heart but I'm sure she wouldn't want you to be getting so upset. I imagine it's comforting to take flowers to the cemetery (wouldn't know, as my dad died when I was six and I don't even know where he is buried and my mum was cremated), but you can talk to your mum anywhere, and if her spirit is lingering any place at all it will be in the house she lived in with the daughter she loved, not a graveyard :GroupHug:

• Like 2

Yay, thats great Snow

:cheer: and hello to the returning fugees!!

Just spent over 2 hrs looking for an old springer thats going blind and deaf. She only lives 5 mins away from where shes running but is scared and confused, her elderly owner is ill and cant help so even our local police are helping! Some workmen think they saw her but she was running in a panic, trouble is its a nature walk so tons of trees ,bushes and overgrown areas. Took Izzie with me and was sending her in overgrown areas to 'find', she was looking for rabbits :confused: but my theory was if Beebee was in there Iz would find her :laughingsmiley: Bet Owl will be well impressed with my dog tracking idea :laughingsmiley: . Will be heading out later to continue searching and police will ring me if theres a sighting so i can go help, hopefully she'll be home soon because its heavy rain.

• Like 1

Last year I was living between UK , Sri Lanka and Melbourne ( where I was working for 5 months ) , over Christmas and new year I was working at Kings Cross Station training staff ready for the new station concourse opening which was bloody cold after Melbourne ! then 8 weeks in Sri Lanka , 2 weeks in USA at the Humane Society United States annual conference in Las Vegas and also doing work experience at the LA SPCA ( which was awesome ) 10 days after I returned from the states I had to go to Sri Lanka to cover a team member who needed an urgent operation and I ended up staying for 3 months ! ( I think Mark thought I had left him )

got back to the UK 6 weeks ago and just enjoying being here for a bit !!! Its a lot quieter now Aisling as left home to go to Uni as well

My Donkeys are still in a work in progress we are waiting for the wonderful world veterinary service ( Luke Gamble worldwide vet chap ) to allocate us an equine vet and then its back to do a feasibility study. I love Donkeys and had no idea they were there , but as they were trapped in the middle of the war zone for 30 years I am sure not many others did either

You really are an international traveler! Bet it does make it difficult to pick up ordinary life in between though.

I love donkeys too, so look forward to hearing more about them.

Gooster joined us for our expedition today and a good thing too, as besides taking us round one of Holly's usual haunts Wispa followed the trail to a new bit of woodland and a different village which hasn't been postered yet. But we didn't know how to get back to the start, it would have been a long trek simply to retrace our steps, so Gooster guided us down a path through the woodlands and checked all the boggy bits first with her tall wellies so we didn't go in over the tops of our walking boots. Then Wispa and I had tea and biccies at Gooster's before trundling home.

Hope that Holly hands herself in soon.

Just had the call - we have completed!

Hurray!

Just spent over 2 hrs looking for an old springer thats going blind and deaf. She only lives 5 mins away from where shes running but is scared and confused, her elderly owner is ill and cant help so even our local police are helping! Some workmen think they saw her but she was running in a panic, trouble is its a nature walk so tons of trees ,bushes and overgrown areas. Took Izzie with me and was sending her in overgrown areas to 'find', she was looking for rabbits :confused: but my theory was if Beebee was in there Iz would find her :laughingsmiley: Bet Owl will be well impressed with my dog tracking idea :laughingsmiley: . Will be heading out later to continue searching and police will ring me if theres a sighting so i can go help, hopefully she'll be home soon because its heavy rain.

Hope that old springer is also home soon.

Thanks everyone, just drying out after getting soaked through at the cemetery, I've left some lovely autumn coloured chrysanths for mum & dad and brought a load back for me. Mum used to go up the cemetery to visit dad every couple of weeks and take fresh flowers to both him and my nana, it meant a great deal to her that the headstone was kept clean and the grave kept nice, she would go up there to talk to him whenever she felt a bit low or to tell him the news etc. and I used to go with her whenever I was here and I have gone over a few times since we moved here but me going over there today was something I really wanted to do, it felt important that I shared today with them in some way and whilst I got soaked that meant that there was no one else around to see me bawling my eyes out or hear me chattering away to my parents as I tidied up - I could hear my mum telling me to get out of the rain and go home to the warm lol

• Like 3

Yay, thats great Snow

:cheer: and hello to the returning fugees!!

I am impressed, and I am sure Iz would have let you know if Beebee was there. But what you need to do when trying to catch a dog with limited sight and hearing is to work on scent. Beebee will probably find somewhere to get out of the worst of the rain, but once it eases up you need to have an outdoor fryup of bacon and any other meat which will smell good. Use a disposable barbecue or camping stove. A stove is better, easier to get going and much less hassle. When you have finished, drizzle the fat around to spread the smell and leave the meat around. When next there is a sighting, leave something unwashed belonging to owner, a sock will do, tucked into a bush and that will encourage Beebee to stay around there. I don't know how thorough the island grapevine is, but you can always make a Find Beebee page on Facebook, and you can put her on Doglost as it's not just for the mainland UK.

Also if you know anyone with really steady dog-friendly dogs especially spaniel types, get them roped in to search cover as well.

• Like 1