UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Good gracious that looks and sounds painful Barbara.

How lovely of them to send flowers Alex. They obviously thought highly of you in that short space of time. It is a shame they didn't have a suitable job there although it would still have been a pain commuting/expense wise

Have been to see Dad. He was jollier as he is due to visit another nursing home that will be more suitable for him. It's moving 5 miles away from where he is so she's not going to be happy. I've asked him to ring me if and when he does move so we know where to go that week because normally we end up somewhere to find he's moved on.

• Like 1

ouch!!!!!!!!!! i have 2 partial tears (both shoulders) so i can't lift my arms well at all, i am leaving well alone!!! i totally agree that physios are sadists, if i heard " you need to work through your pain" once more i would have thrown her through the window!! take things nice and slow.

Jacobean, hope your dad likes his new place and i hope they remember to let you know he has moved.

had a curry which was nice...weight watchers sauce as well so i can tell Dr woodhead i am being good!

Owww Spins, that looks super painful :flowers:

Can't believe Owl's friend knows my dad - he is well recognised around the village with the dogs! I tend to walk them on my days off during the day, so tend to see a different set of people.

Glad that you were appreciated in your temporary job Alex :flowers:

Well, not heard from bloke since Wednesday - maybe he was just after one thing :rolleyes:

Brrr - it's a bloody cold one here this morning.

Loo are you about? How did the concert go?

Jayne better to find out now than later if you get my drift.

I am going back upstairs to shower and enjoy a nice warm toasty bathroom whilst the heating is still operational. It'll be going off soon. I normally don't come down until I am dressed but I forgot to replenish my bedside box of painkillers and had to come down for some this morning so ended up farting around down here in my jammies. I hate doing that for some reason!

I've found out the other girl who has offered to walk Archie has a doggy day care and equine care business and has a number of satisfied customers so that's good :) The downside is that she charges more than my current walkers and I doubt that Archie would get any more than what I can pay for - which is fine and as a business should be run - it's just we've been spoilt by our DW's. I paid for a 2 hour walk for him yesterday and Cara had him out for almost 3. He took himself off to bed when he came in and I never heard or saw a sign of him for 3 or 4 hours after that. Result! :)

I havent been dressed for 2 weeks, till today when I had run out of nighties lol so I have a tshirt on aannddd a bra! first time in 2 weeks lol still got my pj bottoms on though

trudy came home yesterday!

Im so grateful to wendy for having her, but the house feels so much better for her being here, and ive missed her so much. I know im nowhere ready to have the other 2 back.

found a few problems with having trudy back. got to get down the 2 steps to open the dog flap,that hurt. need the physio to show me how to do it right and couldnt pick her bowl up, so will just put the food on the floor, no bowl lol.

shes back to telling me what cupboard I should be at, at what time.I dared to close the bathroom door, so she rammed it till it opened, so she could check I hadnt jumped out of the window, and to tell me where the sink is to wash my hands, in case I forgot

its bliss!

• Like 3

I'm back again flipping shattered though, been on the go since 6 am Friday, could really do with a nice long sit down now. Wedding went well lots better than I'd been fearing, some utterly hysterical moments - during the wedding ceremony a huge yukka tree in a pot fell on my brother in law, it was the funniest thing I have seen in ages, he grabbed it round the middle and was wrestling with it and he looked just like a Koala bear, that set me off into fits of giggles, after wresting with it for a while he decided to give up and hug it to his chest and just part the leaves and peer through like Richard Attenborough, that set me off even worse, his wife was whispering in my ear not to look at her so of course I did and that set both of us off even worse, you know when you really really shouldnt be laughing but you simply cannot stop, so there I was tears dripping off my chin desperately trying to get myself under control NOT looking at brother in law and definitely NOT looking at my sister in law who was as bad as me, so I looked down the row trying to focus on ANYTHING other than my BIL hugging the tree, and Rob who has no clue whats going on turns to me and pulls a WTF?? face and I just went.... utterly, hopelessly doubled over, snorting and giggling and that then set off my SIL and that set off Nick & Vicky who were giggling at us giggling, for a while it was a pure farce lol Its been longgggg days & nights and naff all sleep together with more food than I have seen in one place in a long time.

I have loved my curls really hoping for some nice pics as the hairdresser did a fabulous job everyone was going WOW cos she somehow got loads and loads of ringlets in yet my hair was still really long so they were all down my back - why cant it stay like this foreverrrrr lol

Glad now to be home though and ready to put my feet up for a bit.

I've been to M&S. There was a time when I'd go to M&S and I'd want to buy everything because there was so much lovely stuff. Nowadays I go in and really struggle to find anything nice to buy. Some of it is just cheap and nasty tat. I can go to Primani for that :rolleyes: I did manage to buy some ankle boots and a couple of tops for work (Autograph ones which were on sale so got them half price), plus a black mac (they didn't have any other colours and I need a new one for work on Tuesday :rolleyes:), some hand cream (reduced) and bubble baths (buy one get one half price), plus a bra which doesn't fit so will be going back. I also bought some stuff in the food hall, including some stuffed mushrooms which I'm now scoffing, but they are ming so have had to smother them in tommy sauce.

Now debating whether to have a nap or to watch Snow White and the Huntsman online.