UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

When you have your very 1st Dr's appointment this afternoon at your new practice which is specifically for you to have a blood pressure check it is sods law that when you needed to be staying calm and relaxed that pandemonium will break out and you end up rushing round like a blue arsed fly *eye roll* the estate solicitor was supposed to have sent me over the transfer deed form on Friday so we can complete tomorrow, needless to say he didn't, I got it in an email at 10:30am this morning and have had to print it out on a printer with no fecking ink AND find an independent witness to witness my signature and then get it in the post special delivery so he has it for tomorrow. GrRRRRRR I will be so glad when this is all done & dusted tomorrow and will be on pins until I get a call from our solicitor to say we have completed.

Snow you might find your BP is OK. I have rushed into the doctors having had a trying previous couple of hours thinking my BP is going to be off the scale and yet it came out at a surprisingly much lower than expected rate. Anyway just sit in the waiting room thinking nice calming thoughts and don't talk whilst they are taking your BP. Best of luck!

I have been wondering why the name of the village where poor little April Jones was taken from seemed familiar to me as well as the place the hunt seems now to be centred at. It finally came to me just a few minutes ago - I am sure a Fugee, Abby, has a pub there. One of her dogs, Clive, was our SS recipient one Christmas and both the those place names were in the address which is why it's been ringing a bell with me. I hope Abby and her family are OK. It must be on their minds constantly and setting them on edge :mecry:

I'm sure it will be fine Alex!

Whereabouts are the lurchers Owl?

Mistie is doing a circuit from Chesterfield Rd Brampton, through footpaths to Somersall, also to Holymoorside. Forms a nice triangle. Sally was last seen on Brockwell lane heading down into Chesterfield, I haven't tracked her so don't know any more than that. By the time they had her up on site the trail was a bit cold, wouldn't have mattered in the country but that is a bit urban.

I am happy today as there have been 2 sightings of 17 yr old Holly collie in Carbrook, the first since the 26 Sept. Both were on Friday and right in the area which Wispa took us to. We were there the day before, and Wispa was adamant she was around that area and still toddling about. We will be back in Carrbrook tomorrow.

• Like 2

Owl, OH is back at work and his work is not far from Brockwell area, so I've mailed him the details for Sally and asked him to pass them round. Also he has horribly fit friends who run round Linacre area, so I've asked him to tell them about Mistie. Hope that will help find one or both of them.

I have been wondering why the name of the village where poor little April Jones was taken from seemed familiar to me as well as the place the hunt seems now to be centred at. It finally came to me just a few minutes ago - I am sure a Fugee, Abby, has a pub there. One of her dogs, Clive, was our SS recipient one Christmas and both the those place names were in the address which is why it's been ringing a bell with me. I hope Abby and her family are OK. It must be on their minds constantly and setting them on edge :mecry:

Website for Abby's pub http://www.tafarndwynant.co.uk/index.htm

Afternoon all.

I had a short day today - 11 am to 3.30. Didn't do much cos I've not got a laptop or mobile yet. There are only three other members of the team. We sat in the on site cafe drinking Starbucks, then had lunch, then went to the little shopping centre and then spent about an hour in the office. My feet are killing me though, because I've been in heels all day and we've walked round quite a bit.

Only took me 15 minutes door to door, but I didn't go in rush hour, but hopefully won't take too much longer.

Conference tomorrow at a hotel. Will wear my new ankle boots. Hopefully they won't hurt my tootsies as well.

Edited by merledogs

Owl, OH is back at work and his work is not far from Brockwell area, so I've mailed him the details for Sally and asked him to pass them round. Also he has horribly fit friends who run round Linacre area, so I've asked him to tell them about Mistie. Hope that will help find one or both of them.

Thank you suzeanna, much appreciated.