UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Really? Such a small world! Suppose our pack are quite memorable though!! What does she have?

Irish setter and ickle jrt pup, both males. She says your pack are very well behaved and luffly.

Glad you have some improvement, griff.

ive put a stone on too, need to get it back off, so suggestions for the two of us would be useful please lol

Spins waddles out of the lurking cupboard to plead for the best weight loss method suggestions. I've had a hurty since January, it was mended in June but recovery is long and slow - hence many months of lurking. If someone pushed me on a slope I'd roll right down.

Moaning :tired: Just the two dogs in bed last night so slept better.

Griff - I'm pleased that the tablets are having some effect :flowers:

Re the weight loss, I don't have any poorlies but I need a kick up the bottom to start back on my diet cos I've put a load of weight back on that I lost last year. Maybe we need a fred so we can all keep each other going. I don't want to leave it until New Year either.

Another one here needing to lose some weight..we went out for a meal last night and the first two items I thought I'd wear didn't do up round the waist! :mad: Well, one did,but when I tried to sit down it nearly crippled me! Trouble is I can't afford Weight Watchers or Slimming World, can't do a lot of exercise because of various aches and pains...I'll just have to stop eating, I think.

Spins, I hadn't realised you had a hurty, hope things are improving now. :flowers:

• Like 1

LOL @ Jazz (I have no working smilies this morning :( - except maybe for this one??

Archie has been up since the crack of dawn making a batch of cheese n'garlic biskwits and another batch of peanut butter and banana biskies. I supervise and it's worn me out and made my joints ache but he'd promised his girlfriend, Sadie, he would make some today for her so I had to just grit my teeth and help him. I may be fit for nothing for the rest of the day :( Archie on the other hand is raring to go! He's got a 2 hour walk booked for this afternoon so that should help tire him out.

• Like 1

Morning.

Hope you're fully recovered soon Barbara

Marion hope it eases off quickly. Archie and his bright ideas. Sure his lady friend is going to appreciate them

Another one who needs to lose some weight, but can't go on a diet, as it's all going on my bottom half while my top half is skinny.

• Like 1

Talking of fit for nothing, I'm knackered. Once I'd walked the boys, I went to B&Q and bought some paving slabs and some more temporary fencing, both of which are now in situ. The path is now just about finished, but I'd miscalculated so there is a gap between where the path ends and the top patio starts :rolleyes: I've shoved a couple of stepping stones there for the time being but will need to get a slab cut to size or else find summat else to fill it.

The lawn is now fenced off, but because we have the noo path, the dogs can now go up that onto the top patio as I've run the fencing alongside it.

I'm jiggered now, just having some OJ and a chill pill.

Just had a knock at the door. Normally I don't answer the door unless I know who it is, but I lent my next door neighbour my autumn lawn feed so thought it might be him returning it. Pleasantly surprised by a florist man who delivered these ...

P1010342.jpg

... from the people I've just been working with. I've only been there three and a half weeks - how lovely is that?! :wub:

• Like 3

awww thats so nice of them. shame they didnt have a better job for you, you might have stayed

shes here! shes grabbed a hankie, inspected every inch of the place and weed on the floor

shes now demanding my apple core as I start the apple

bliss :cheer:

Lol, welcome home Trudy!!!!!!

awwwwwwwwww merledogs they are lovely

Spins, hope your ouchy is better

right weight loss..... for me a pain in the butt as i can't exercise and am practically vegan who doesn't like veggie stuff Lol, i have decided to be good and not eat biccies at all!! now for those that want slimming world (i have no idea how the heck that works!) they do free recipes on their website

http://www.slimmingworld.com/healthy-eating/recipes.aspx

i also highly recommend the hairy dieters...... my mum is soooooooo fussy with food but we have made the pies, the flan and in the book there is a great recipe for pasties, they don't use pastry except for the flan and they have switched proper pastry to 4 sheets of filo so a lot healthier, for the pie they use pizza base mix.... it really does work and for the pasties they use bread mix... sheer genius! hairy dieters book still on offer at £4.99 at the book peope

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_searchResult_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&searchTerm=hairy+dieters

hairy dieters recipes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/programmes/p00vq8c6

Thank you for the suggestions for losing some of the blubber!

Gruesome description of injury:

I tore the rotator cuff in my right shoulder in January using a chukkit stick to throw a ball for the dogs. It was sore but bearable. A couple of weeks later the dogs, bless them, pulled me over and I landed on the same shoulder - and that hurt like hell. Went to A&E and was told it was bruising. Spent many weeks in loads of pain, no sleep etc. I eventually saw my GP, had an ultrasound - two torn tendons. It was repaired in June. One tendon was a full thickess tear, the other, which attached my bicep to wherever a bicep attaches, had been torn right off. It was reattached lower down my arm. Recovery is 6 months plus.

I have to say it's amazing what I've learned to do with my left hand. Ieven bought one of those bras that pull on over your head but it was no match for my boobs which are heading very far south these days.!! Also getting clothes over my head was nigh on impossible. It takes a long time to recover strength and a full range of movement - I'm working on it now with a v good pysio who I'm sure is a complete sadist but won't admit it.

I have a photo but struggling to remember how to attach it.