UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Yes it does, it's itv player :flowers:

I am the same with cars, I used to have a Mitsubishi lancer estate that I loved. Drove thousands of miles in it and it never broke down, had to trade it in for a 4x4...

Had a phone call today from Asda asking me if I would do another locum day. Unfortunately, am away that weekend, so had to say no :rolleyes:

Our camera club was asked by a local hotel to enter photos for their brochure/website. I've been picked as a finalist in one of the categories. Prize giving and winners will be announced on 28th May. I'm delighted :)

• Like 2

not quite sure what that means Merledogs but i am suspecting it involves more work :unsure: :unsure:

Gooster, what a shame you couldn't have done the days locum work but you must have pleased them for you to ask you :)

Snow, what a shame about your car, could you advertise on gumtree?? i think that is free

i watched 56 up, it is the first one i have seen but there seemed to be one man who seemed to me as quite troubled (the lib dem chap) funny to see how peoples lives workout.

we got caught in a hailstorm this afternoon :ohmy: my ears were killing by the time i got home and diez looked like she would like to kill me. she was not amused :worried_anim:

Mags well done and i will keep my fingers crossed you win!

neighbours had people view their house today, my dogs were playing in the garden and i caught the woman viewing giving me the filthiest looks going! we have been here 30 years september and nobody has ever complained about noise from us and in 11 years of owning a dog we have had no complaints, i really don't know what her problem was.

neighbours had people view their house today, my dogs were playing in the garden and i caught the woman viewing giving me the filthiest looks going! we have been here 30 years september and nobody has ever complained about noise from us and in 11 years of owning a dog we have had no complaints, i really don't know what her problem was.

She was breathing?

I had been wondering why all complaints from my posh neighbour aka Hyacinth had stopped, and the threats to report me to all kinds of people had not been pursued. Today I found out, and I am still laughing. The friendly farmer who keep cattle and sheep in the fields opposite us has been getting grief from her over mud on the road. There isn't much, just a bit in wet weather if he takes feed up to the animals, and it soon goes. Anyway, Hyacinth objects to there being any in front of her house, ever. He is a patient man but was annoyed by her persistent aggressive phone calls as he has helped her out with all kinds of things in the past. In desperation he told her that the badgers who live in a huge sett in his field may be looking to expand their abode, and may well tunnel under the road and come up through her lawn to build a new sett in her garden :D so she needs to check the lawn regularly for signs of earth disturbance. Hyacinth is now so involved with watching for badger faces suddenly poking through her perfectly kept lawn that she has forgotten about mud on the road, the mini horses at my place, and Wispa. :laughingsmiley:

• Like 1

Lol you could be right! they do have a bit of a bark if someone whose smell they don't recognize is on the driveway or if their is a cat or are playing but i do go out to them and tell them to shush and 95% of the time i am with them anyway...... it's not like they are shut out in the garden to bark for hours on end, well if they buy and the complaints start i will know where from!

Lol Owl that is hilarious!!! it is surprising how precious people get about a little mud and their lawns..... very bizarre, glad the baggage is leaving you alone for now...... i wonder if anyone crafty could make a paper mache badger that could be mounted onto a radio controlled car that could then be whizzed across her lawn!

We have picked up Robs CMax so thats both of us now with "new" cars - I am having problems already - I don't recognise mine! LOL And its so diddy it hides behind other cars so I can't see it. I told Rob he can expect phone calls from me in the future after I've lost it in a car park :D It has some very interesting features including a "cancel extinction" button, according to the manual if I push it then it "cancels extinction" :confused: no one warned me that I was now going to be responsible for ensuring we don't all go extinct - must remember to push it every morning or we could be in biiiiig trouble LOL!!

• Like 1

We've had weird weather as well today - sun, rain, hail, wind and cloud.

not quite sure what that means Merledogs but i am suspecting it involves more work :unsure: :unsure:

It does indeed involve more work :rolleyes: If she's gonna be like that then hopefully she'll have been put off cos you don't need that living next door.

Hyacinth is now so involved with watching for badger faces suddenly poking through her perfectly kept lawn that she has forgotten about mud on the road, the mini horses at my place, and Wispa. :laughingsmiley:

Hilarious! :laughingsmiley: You should go out under cover of darkness and build some mounds on her lawn :laughingsmiley:

Well done Mags :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

Well done Mags :biggrin:

Griff, hopefully she won't buy, I worry about new neighbours, but in all honesty the dogs are the least of their problems, it's like a mad house I think about putting a sign in the window that says "dogs, cats, cripples, gays, blacks and teenagers live here" just so they know what to expect! Though the PC police might take offence to such a sign :laugh:

(null)

• Like 1

it is next door but one thankfully, i don't allow the dogs to bark for ages or anything..... i think i am quite considerate really. ah stuff em, don't speak to one set of neighbours anyway and i know my rights with regards noise etc, they will think i am an angel when they realize whats next door!!!

Great suggestion Merledogs, i would pay good money to see hyacinths face with a few fake moles hills LOL