UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

That's a lot to deal with, Jazz. Hope all goes well.

No news = no Bones but 3 more sightings on same playing fields. One is of Bones, one is of a male husky who went awol 4 days ago and is buzzing round the northern bit of Bones' territory, and the 3rd we don't know until we can get hold of the man who saw him/her this eve and show him photos. So we now have 2 of the blighters running round the same area. Bones is out of season now ... we hope!

Becky went to check everything with environmental health yesterday re having mini horses on my land and the orchard belonging to neighbours at the back, where the minis will be going for the rest of the summer. Environmental people said we are within the law but we might need to apply for change of use, so best to check with planning. Planning dept are still trying to check out history of my land but the paddock could well be agricultural. But if it isn't, it may well have the same designated land use as the orchard behind, which is ..... opencast mining :confused: This dates from around 150 years ago, the time of very small opencast mines, but technically my nice neighbours Ken and Beryl are entitled to dig out their own coal there.

:ohmy: :biglaugh:

Though if they employed anyone else the mine would be shut down at once for health & safety issues. But I think they prefer their nice orchard with tons of apples. If my bit is also designated opencast I will not develop it, though Wispa has already made a start in one or two places. So what is best for Hyacinth to live next to, horses who smell all sweaty in hot weather, or opencast mining? Suzeanna knows for sure.

Give me horses any day! although I could have lived without the time my daughter's pony escaped from her field on a very cold January night, and managed to fall into someone's outdoor swimming pool :unsure: Pony was fine...pool not so good and the horse hating farmer who tried to help pull her out and ended up being pulled in was never the same again....

I saw a lad walking a young husky last night along our street, a real little mini me of Bones, it was gorgeous :luvlove: plonked its bottom down and refused to budge while it watched our two walking on the other side of the road.

• Like 1

Rained here this afternoon and early evening. They did say it would be cooler come Thursday.

Have just opened a pack of cheesie cheddars for a load to fly all over the carpet. Oh well the dogs were happy

Hope today has gone ok Jazz. You do have a lot to put up with

I believe we're over an old mineshaft. We're not allowed poultry here.

Onto next lesson tonight

We have had lovely gentle rain, then it stopped and we went out for a very late walk, carefully dodging frogs and toads.

Husky pups are delightful :luvlove:

We have found out that our paddock has no designated use at all and has never been registered for anything. The environmental aren't worried, and the planning people arent' bothered as long as no one complains. So unless Hyacinth takes her grievance to planning rather than environmental we should be ok. We can get change of use to grazing but it costs £365 so not bothering, Becky says she will simply move them elsewhere if it comes to that. Anyway, the 2 remaining minis are now temporarily fenced off at the top of Wispa's enclosed part of the garden, well away from anyone else, and will be spending a few days eating the grass down until they move to neighbour's orchard.

Moaning :tired: Been up since 4 cos I keep waking up at stupid am.

It didnt' rain for long here, so the water butts are still empty.

RMF : I may have bought another plant. It looks like it's going to be stuck in the sorting office over the bank holiday though, so I hope it's okay.

Morning :tired:

Summer has left us here, grey skies and a cardigan on :glare: at least it turned sour on a work day.

I have a 3-11 shift today, I hate mid shifts, absolutely hate them, they drag out, its late when you get home, you have to spend time in the cash office, I hate it, so much that I'm doing the math to see if it's feasible to bunk off :laugh:

(null)

dentist was there ... got in on time ...... sat in the chair ...... couldnt breathe!

dentist went very pale, said come back another time, cant do anything .....

bugger

I know the triggers!

hairspray, smoke, even on clothes, perfume ...

but its an everyday thing

what do I do?

dentist was there ... got in on time ...... sat in the chair ...... couldnt breathe!

dentist went very pale, said come back another time, cant do anything .....

bugger

I know the triggers!

hairspray, smoke, even on clothes, perfume ...

but its an everyday thing

what do I do?

I'm assuming you mean a panic attack? Have you tried hypnotherapy? It helped me an awful lot....if it was asthma brought on by the medical smells in the surgery then several puffs of inhaler before you go through the door?

Edited by suzeanna

Are you asthmatic Jazz? Have you discussed this with your gp. You keep having that problem and with the chest infections/problems and being hospitalised several times it needs sorting out.

Interesting times at work. Hope to know more tomorrow. New lesson is an interesting topic too so hope to have another assignment done over weekend.