UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

An upstairs flat just up the road from us was badly damaged by fire overnight...apparently the police are saying it was arson :mad: I know it's a nasty thing to say, but if so I hope it was a targeted attack and not a random "let's have fun and put petrol through someone's door" thing, or I shall never sleep easy in my bed again, despite having two smoke alarms.

Why the grump Alex?

Well done Martyn, and good news about Scoobs too :cheer:

Shame about the house Steph....no chance they'll change their minds?

My grandson has just come out in chickenpox, thank goodness we visited when we did, I don't think I've had it!

My Chrysler is off to the scrappies in 30 mins time - to be honest by the time we advertise it hang around for people to come look etc its costing me insurance etc. may as well let her go much as it hurts, they've offered me £180 plus I can claim 4 months tax back so its hardly worth selling her to someone else *sighs*.

I am amazed at the space in my Yaris, it looks so diddy but we discovered that the back seats actually move forward, that gives a fair bit more space in the boot- just enough for Nog to be able to lay down, and if I were to fold the back seats up altogether he'd have masses of room. As well as that the front passenger seat actually shoots forwards quite a way for people to get in the back (its a 3 door) and Nog can manage to climb in that way and go in his seatbelt on the back seat if needs be.

Nog's crate fits in the CMax but its not the easiest option as the crate doors don't open wide enough once its inside for Nog to be able to get in, so we'll have to think of something else. I don't think the Barjo CMax crate is big enough for Nog so thats probably not an option. To be honest the boot is plenty big enough for him not to need a crate my only concern is catching his tail or head in the tailgate when closing it - Rob doesnt want to get a Barjo tailgate guard as thats permanently fitted, how do other people manage with uncrated dogs in the boot?

Suzeanna i am glad your grandson is getting chicken pox now, it is dreadful as an adult, despite looking after my dad and brother who were both adults when they got chicken pox i still haven't managed to catch it!! how very sad that somebodys house has burnt down, i can understand you feeling worried but perhaps the person had upset somebody so you wouldn't need to worry.

Well done Martyn and i am chuffed that scoobs seems to be doing well with his hydro.

Kittycat, sorry to hear about the house..... i am sure eventually things will fall into place

Merledogs who has made you grumpy??? we can't be having that!

bad news peeps.... do you remember me saying some people came to view next door but ones house and she was giving me filthy looks?? the sold sign has just gone up.....will feel sorry for them when they realize what is next to them , stupid devils came during work and school hours and never came back! they won't be able to park outside their house (my awful neighbours park there) and the door slamming screaming and rubbish out the back is awful so i suspect they are in for a very large shock, when my next door but one put the house up, i suspect they asked my neighbours to tidy things up as they just leave stuff lying all over and never do the garden but the past 2 weeks the garden has been done twice and he has got rid of all the rubbish lying on the communal back drive

Oh Rip snows Chrysler, i don't know how people cope with dogs uncrated in the boots of cars, mine travel in the back wih me with their seatbelts on. would this be any good??

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/dog-bag/

I am amazed at the space in my Yaris, it looks so diddy but we discovered that the back seats actually move forward, that gives a fair bit more space in the boot- just enough for Nog to be able to lay down, and if I were to fold the back seats up altogether he'd have masses of room. As well as that the front passenger seat actually shoots forwards quite a way for people to get in the back (its a 3 door) and Nog can manage to climb in that way and go in his seatbelt on the back seat if needs be.

Nog's crate fits in the CMax but its not the easiest option as the crate doors don't open wide enough once its inside for Nog to be able to get in, so we'll have to think of something else. I don't think the Barjo CMax crate is big enough for Nog so thats probably not an option. To be honest the boot is plenty big enough for him not to need a crate my only concern is catching his tail or head in the tailgate when closing it - Rob doesnt want to get a Barjo tailgate guard as thats permanently fitted, how do other people manage with uncrated dogs in the boot?

We have a dog guard from Guardsman. It is fitted with tension holders so no drilling and it is easily fitted or removed in minutes.

:wavey: Hello all :flowers:. I am not around much these days sorry :( . I am working school hours as a teaching assistant in a nirsery class and have no internet access in work :unsure: and then I come home and walk the dogs before making tea so the hours work out well apart from giving me far less time to sit on the internet on my backside :laughingsmiley: . I do post on facebook most days so might see you there and I will make more effort to pop in here too :liebe94:

Evening

Hope the occupants are ok Suzeanna.

Hope you get on ok with your new neighbours and the others improve too Griff

Grumpy Alex hope you're ok now and tum is better

Formby is good Steph and stretches for miles. Does get busy in the middle of the day in warmer months.

Thanks for the tips about tailgates, I've sent off to Guardsman for a quote however I really like the look of those pop up pods - they seem to fit the brief perfectly. Thing is that the Cmax wont just be used for transporting Nog, Rob will also use it for transporting all his band kit etc so he doesn't want a permanent gate as it restricts access for bulky amps and stuff. The other issue is that the Cmax has a lip on the boot area so that affects how crate doors open - which is why we can't just use Nogs current crate, it goes in with no problem but you cant then open the crate door lol We can't go for a smaller metal crate as with Nogs wonky leg he tends to lie on his side so he needs the leg room.

My Chrysler has gone - felt awful taking it in particularily when they said they'd never seen one before so its likely to end up as a cube *sniff*

Rob didnt get the job he wanted, however, he got great feedback and the regional manager who was on his interview panel rang to say theres another vacancy in Cardiff and was he interested in that? Obviously he said yes lol so they are going to reuse his application and put him straight through to the shortlisting panel - doesn't mean he will make the shortlist but at least he doesn't have to fill out another application form. The Cardiff post would be even better as its not much extra travel and its a permenant post rather than the 3 yr contract for the job he didnt get. Refusing to get our hopes up though, these jobs are like gold dust.

• Like 1

Hi Julia :wavey:

Hope Rob gets the job.

Another saga unfolds in The Mad House :rolleyes: my niece has lost her job so the whole family are moving back to the UK. I love my niece but they will be living in my office / living room so I can't work on my art anymore and back to living full time in my bedroom :rolleyes: hopefully it's just for a few months until my sister finds a house for them all to live in but it's gonna be stressful in the meantime.

(null)

Oh dear Kittycat, how on earth are you going to manage? I take it your mum is still with you? Can't they afford a b&b or something :unsure: or maybe the council could find something? After all, if they were asylum seekers they'd be in a nice house in the time it took them to fill out a form!