UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Oh I nearly forgot! My auntie is getting her new dog today. She heard about him on the grapevine and went to see him in a local rescue. He's a 7 year old very overweight BC. He belonged to an old lady who was more or less housebound and he got very little exercise. She's had to go into a home so the dog went into rescue. He's currently called Flash which is a complete misnomer. My aunt is planning on changing his name for his new beginning. I don't like the name Flash but I am as equally unimpressed with the name she's toying with - Shep :rolleyes: She's also got Henry in mind so I hope that's the one she goes for.

Anyway she will get his weight down and he will get lovely daily walks but I do have to laugh at her. She's been going on about wanting a greyhound for the last few years and once again she's gone off at a tangent. I guess what is meant to be is meant to be.

Flash Harry should suit him!

That would have been a good one! - and I really like it - but the dog before Dan was called Harry and my auntie might not want to repeat that.

Dawg but it's hot outside in the garden - my porch thermometer shows 23 degrees C and that's in the shade!

Alex, there are some vile people in this world, how they could do that is just disgusting, I'd be demanding my money back and spending it on some luxuries for myself!! What a total bell end!!

Good luck with online sales Amy

Last day off work for my OH so we've been out with dogs and ate dinner in the park :biggrin:

(null)

Evening

What a hot day it's been! Only realised when I left work. Lovely evening for a walk. Laughed with one of the regulars that it makes a nice change.

Alex what a despicable pair they are.

Congrats to auntie on new doglet. She might decide on a different name once she gets him home. I was on the lookout for a female JRT so we ended up with a Collie x & a Spinone lol. Got the female bit right

Today was one of those days. Was running up and down the stairs for a bit of exercise this morning when my knee went. Spent ages in the knowledge I needed to make it click but dreading it. Finally did. Argh moment. Comes back down ready to go to find Martyn muttering he was ironing his trousers and put a massive hole in them lol. Gets to work and chaos there. There had been a fire at the local sub station early Friday evening. The electrics had all gone off so the alarms had all gone off. They had to break through roller shutters to get back into the building so that was a right mess. So found one person giving fridge a good clear out and scrub and the computers needing assistance. Boss was at panic stations so I got that set back up and gave them numbers of a company to get the doors sorted. 1 hour later all sorted. Made me chortle that they were asking me who to contact when I haven't been there a year yet and everything was done before my time.

Morning :tired:

You've obviously made yourself indispensable Michelle :flowers: Hope your knee is okay now :GroupHug:

Have to be in work early for a conference call with the big boss and a supplier to do some more contract negotiations. I'm seriously losing the will to live over this one because they keep farting about with changes. Give me somebody who has experience with doing contracts any day, this guy is seriously pushing it.

Michelle, we should trade horror stories about knees..mine gets huffy if I move it even slightly off centre and if I turn quickly it's arghhh! By making it click, do you mean you have to put your other foot under your ankle and force the leg straight? I have to do that at times and it's more a crunch than a click, makes me go quite :crying_anim02: at the time. Last time mine went weird was after I make the mistake of doing some digging..hence my garden is full of dandelions! Hope your knee is fine now.

Lovely day here, mowed the lawn then sat in the shade of the cherry tree and read my book. I really should be doing the ironing.......

Home made oven chips, scampi, salad and home made coleslaw for tea tonight with a big pot of tea :)

My neighbour and I have decided to get some union flag bunting and decorate our houses and gardens for the Jubilee and the Olympics :king:

Evening. Glorious weather. Lucky Scoobs got to swim in his pool all by himself again. Wish I could do that lol. He worked hard tonight and got 2 chews off nice chap afterwards.

The knee has been dodgy on and off for a long while but doesn't keep it up long enough for me to go see a doc or anything. I don't get a warning and it feels like an elastic band going ping inside it then it's erm painful. Normally sorts itself out but it stayed stuck and with having to get to work, it being my clutch leg I had to force it to crack to set itself right again. Wouldn't normally force it and boy was it painful. I guess altho could me wrong that it's a bit like when a chiropractor goes cracking someone's back for them. I have got a really weak wrist just lately that keeps giving me a lot of jip so when I'm next due for a review of my HRT with gp (in August) I'm going to mention both then to find out what the matter is.

Hope conference call went ok Alex.

Your tea sounds lovely Marion