UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Gutted. For those of you who don't follow football, my beloved Manchester City have a habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. There's a saying "typical City".

Today we had to beat QPR to win the title - who are fighting relegation. We hadn't lost one game at home all season and only one draw - the rest we won. We scored, then one of our defenders made a blunder and gave the ball away for a QPR goal, then QPR had a man sent off (ex City player). You would think at that stage with the opposition down to ten men that the advantage would lie with City, but no, QPR went and scored. So United win the title again because we threw it away. Gutted. And the office is full of United fans. Was feeling low this weekend anyway, but this is just the icing on the cake. Am going to sit in a dark corner and cry.

Edited by merledogs

here you are Alex.....

Table (one of nest of three.) not quite finished, there's some black ornamental bolts to go on yet. Haven't made the other two, they take some time to work out!

20c2ae98.jpg

Blinds. Exactly the same type as we had previously, but they got mould on them through the winter. I like to see what my suite looks like from time to time, it usually has covers on, because the dogs sit on them. :rolleyes:

IMG_1533.jpg

Jack on the noo rug. It looks very different with the flash

7f7dffb9.jpg

The noo rug and marble hearth. It's an old fire, but has the back boiler, so it would be expensive to replace unless we have to. The hearth just finishes it off nicely and covers the concrete underneath.

0b7bd879.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

It's quite bright, but the other rugs were too "cream" or too flowery. I quite like this abstract design.

Jazz, glad you feel better today

Owl, i hope the fire service don't get in touch but what a bit of luck that you had the slight accident which showed your puncture... someone was deffo taking care of you!

Houndzrus, glad you like your new items and glad you got an ebay bargain! and i love your rug!!!

Merledogs, sorry to hear you don't feel too good and that your team have let you down, forgot to ask did you manage to put the srs light out on your car??

out of the blue last night, my brother called me asking about land rover discoverys, so i had a chat with him and talked him out of the one he was looking at, he has found another and i suspect he will buy it, i have tried telling him until i am blue in the face not to pay full whack for it but he won't listen!! he also lives in London and won't travel to buy a car or buy off a private seller, i give up with him i really do!! i nearly choked to death when he said he would pay to get the brakes done when they need doing..... i taught him years ago how to change pads, that boy has more money than sense!

i give up with him i really do!! i nearly choked to death when he said he would pay to get the brakes done when they need doing..... i taught him years ago how to change pads, that boy has more money than sense!

Pity he doesn't realise he would have even more money if he didn't waste it on paying more than he should for things, and do a few jobs himself. :rolleyes:

Marge I have the sister and brother to your table in the shape of a coffee table and set of drawers :)

I have stunk the house out cooking Archie's burpday liver and with the drying out of same. Still he's enjoyed the lightly cooked liver and the dried stuff has been cut up and put into bags for next week.

We are about to partake of chicken in white wine and rice :jammin:

• Like 1

We are about to partake of chicken in white wine and rice :jammin:

Enjoy the Burpday dinner! :party:

I am trying hard to stay awake, as I got up early to start all these jobs that needed to be done. I think it's a bit too late to nap as I won't sleep tonight, then I'll be tired tomorrow. :bigeyed:

Just reading your first post Alex confused me, as I spent the day working at Asda in Eastlands, and when I finished I could hear the cheering and celebrations!!!

Done my first locum day today, had a nice day and the women I worked with were doggy people, so had a nice time!

• Like 2

Evening. Have been working on Oldies Club accounts and have sorted out some of the garden. Came across loads of frogs so good job I was using shears and not mower.

Really windy here and would have been hot in the sun if not.

Heard lots of screams, banging and shouting so guessed City had won lol.

We have masses of those water boatmen or whatever they are in the pond. Guess we would have as we had lots last year so will get worse as time goes on. At a loss as to what to do about them as we have kept the pond for the frogs so all the tadpoles are going to get it sadly.

Owl sorry you lost your roof rack but glad you found out your tyre needed replacing.

Jazz pleased you're feeling better today. You've been in hospital enough with chest problems so don't ignore any repercussions

Like your bits and pieces Marge. Our conservatory needs a complete overhaul. We never sit out there and there is a bike and cross trainer in it. We haven't any heating so it's a room going to waste. I just go in there periodically and give it a good clean but must get it sorted.

Me chill? hmm think you know me better than that lol It's been brilliant having both days at home though.

Pleased you've had a good day at work Gooster.

Alex pleased your team won and hope your pains go very soon.