UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

It has some very interesting features including a "cancel extinction" button, according to the manual if I push it then it "cancels extinction" :confused: no one warned me that I was now going to be responsible for ensuring we don't all go extinct - must remember to push it every morning or we could be in biiiiig trouble LOL!!

Well, if we all wake up tomorrow and find we don't exist we will know who to blame :mad:

I would love to put some earth mounds on Hyacinth's lawn but she has security lights so I wouldn't get away with it. I don't think I would get away with sticking a planning application notice for proposed new sett on her gatepost either.

• Like 2

Morning :tired:

Sun's got his hat on :cool03:

Yeah sun's got his hat on here too. What a difference to yesterday when we had hail.

Archie is making cheesey garlic biscuits today for his friends and friends of his friends. His little paws are going to be worn out.

Dog walker had to cancel Monday's walk - or as she put it "let me down" but said she would make it up to him yesterday. She did that alright - they were out walking for 3 hours! And my luffley auntie Sheila stepped into the breach on Monday and took The Archibald on a nice almost 2 hour hike. She's amazing for 79.

I bet you can buy plaster model badgers...I'd be tempted to sneak one into her flower bed with its nose poking out!

Oo-er Snow...what a responsibility! Do remember to do it, won't you?

We are going to Kos in June...hmm. What to do...buy euros now, wait...scream a bit? :banghead:

I went to a committee meeting last night, my first and last! Pleasant people, uber organised..everything I'd thought of doing they've done, and already there is a bit of a clash between two big egos. :confused: I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a team player (I should have known that really), and have sent a polite email this morning withdrawing from the committee as I don't feel I have anything to offer them. They are already saying we should say this, and we shouldn't say that...I like to make up my own mind, thanks. If I want to phone Derbyshire Wildlife Trust, I will!

I hope no dog haters ever move into this street, there are only a handful of places without a dog or two, and the majority bark. A lot. Especially my next door neighbour's dog Molly, at 1 in the morning..for hours and hours....dear little thing :mad1:

• Like 1

oh dear Suzeanna, i don't know what to suggest with regards your holiday, even if greece drop out of the euro they will still accept them though won't they? they will still be legal currency in the other euro countries but whether you would need to then exchange them again for greek currency who knows! sounds like you are doing the right thing by stepping down from the committee, you don't want people telling you what you can and can't do and what to say oooooooo no couldn't be having that!

we have had a bit of sun too this morning which was lovely but the clouds are putting in an appearance, now shall we bet that just as i have to go out later it will begin raining? usually does!

yantan, sounds like your dog walker is great! and bless Archie making biccies for his mates

You can indeed get badger lawn ornaments ... hmmm.

I would think lots of people should be phoning Derbyshire Wildlife Trust, suzeanna.

Having thankfully heaved Starbuck into the arms of his adoring forever mum, I have now acquired another long-distance runner who was caught at last (not by me) and has done her time in the pound. She is with Harri at kennels down the road, chilling out and awaiting a rescue space. Will get some pics tomorrow. She is shar pei xed with something racy, maybe lurcher, maybe even pointer. Strange but pretty and very young.

She sounds lovely Owl.

I've been shopping, unpacked it then fed the cats, dogs and birds,put the bins out, potted up some Fuchsia cuttings which someone off a gardening forum sent me, then made myself a sarnie cos I couldn't decide what to have.

Edited by merledogs

oooo Owl, that sounds an interesting combination, we think laney is maybe staff x dobe and he is very striking to look at.

we have been to the vets this evening which involved a detour to see the ducks... the walk from the pond to the vets was very slow as diez was putting it off Lol. the vet seems happy with her weight and is not concerned by her loss of weight, i have instructions to pop her down monthly for weight check and she can start her trocoxil again tomorrow

Evening

Sunny walk had by all tonight. Most welcome. Scoobs had his 5th hydro session yesterday and was really strong tonight. Walked on all 4 legs and is getting a bit of muscle back (with aid of harness). Was toddling along quicker than he has for a while so is all cheeky tonight.

Pleased Diez had a good vets visit

If you post chrysler on facebook you might get someone interested snow

Can't be doing with snooty types on committees. Not exactly going to help the cause is it.

Doglet sounds lovely Owl

Archie is most talented

Steph sign sounds great lol

Amateur dramatics at work again. Well it ain't boring and gives me the drive to do something about my own company

Glad Scoobs is doing better :)

I bet there will be some car enthusiast who'd buy it off you for more Snow

We went to the beach today and apart from the OH making a boo boo by letting Gyp and Phe out on the car park :rolleyes: we all had a good day.

Next door rejected our offer on the house but I didn't think we'd get it anyway, if we wanted to buy somewhere else we'd need swat gear to live there on our budget so we're giving up on the idea for now. One day when I'm not taking care of someone I might get a real job and have some actual money :biggrin:

(null)

Did you go to Formby Steph?

Sorry the house didn't work out.

Proud wife moment. Hubby's tune is number 6. He entered a competition on the net where 2 people were randomly selected to do a collaboration. Some of the entrants have now been put onto a download for charity. The person he was originally placed with decided not to go ahead so with only a few days to go he was put with someone else and they came up with this. Martyn does the synthesiser stuff http://barclaybunch.bandcamp.com/track/06-glorious-noise

• Like 1