UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Jazz please listen to Michelle :GroupHug:

Yes Alex otherwise known as purchasing plants and just getting a compost bin to show wiling lol.

Work has been mad busy with bosses having yet another huge bust up. Told them it's not fair on everyone else and they need to resolve in a diplomatic way.

Have had no contact with anyone about my dad and I'm not going to see him today, but he does know that. I needed a break this weekend. Thanks very much for the very good advice given last week.

1. You know me so well :rolleyes:

2. That's not on, if nothing else it's unprofessional :GroupHug:

3. Glad you are having a break :flowers:

I've dug the border and filled it with dwarf Rhododendrons, so that's another job out of the way. Back is hurting now though.

• Like 1

Jazz, that sounds like pleurisy or pneumonia...or at the very least, an intercostal muscle has been pulled. Get thee to the hospital!

I don't know how postmen and women do it...I've been putting flyers about a public meeting re the opencast through doors on our road, and my feet are killing me, plus I've a big bruise on my wrist where the blasted letter box flaps banged down on it! :confused02:

Edited by suzeanna

Hope the flyers help your cause Suzeanna. I used to sell Avon and in the winter time it could be horrendous on the hands as so many people don't have bells

Back from hydrotherapy. Scoobs really enjoyed it today and his character came out to the chap today. Guess he's decided he may as well just be himself. Was really funny and the chap thinks he's fab. He remarked on how happy he is despite everything.

• Like 2

ive taken strong painkillers. ive been on these antibiotics for 3 days,so if they havent started working by tomorrow and im still like this ill have to go. I just hate the idea of them telling me im ok.

are you watching this about the sloths? they are lovely.

I have my new bald yorkie. I have tiny tops luckily enough as hes shivering. I may have bought 3 more, one with 'mummys boy' on it. they have been posted today. ive never had a dog so small. I thought trudy was small, hes half the size

this is josh

joshinhisnewtop.jpg

I will hun xxx living alone makes it even more scary when I feel like that. if I went today I think they would have said to let the ABs work,

ive just cleaned out my handbag ....must be ill! how did all that come out of there?

Ooooo seems my tablet has predictive text...ignore the Android statement above.

My phone does some weird ones, always have to double check texts before sending. i wonder how many arguments and misunderstandings have been cause by predictive text. When I was recovering from the accident earlier this year, I had a text from a friend's iphone saying she hoped I would get some osteoporosis. Wot, she would like me to break even more bones? It should have read osteopathy. :confused:

Jazz, get that pain checked out. You are outnumbered, so please do it!

Marge, congrats on being appreciated. About time. Fun pics of the squigg.

Suzeanna, I hope your leafleting gets results.

I didn't say as I felt so stupid, but last Monday I managed to wrap a fire engine round the big roof rack on the Berlingo. No damage to van, just roof rack pulled off, slight damage to trim on fire engine. I haven't heard anything from the fire service so don't know if they will make a claim against me. Engine tried to get past me on a single track. He could have backed a few yards into a passing place but decided to chance it with barely an inch to spare, and ever helpful but sometimes stupid owl edged up out of way on bank and hooked him with roof rack.

Checking the van for damage, I found a very slow puncture on front tyre from a staple which was stuck in it. Also had monstrous roof rack stranded in the road and too big to go in back of van. Direct Line recovery refused to help with either as they won't touch anything which has been involved in an accident unless you have their motor insurance as well. After standing in a daze for a bit, I remembered an acquaintance who lives nearby and has a van. He took the rack away, brought me some coffee in a flask and changed the tyre, bless him.

The puncture was completely unrelated to the accident but would probably have caused a blow out next morning as I was heading west on steep and winding roads through the Peak District. I don't believe that everything happens for a reason, I think most stuff just happens as a result of other stuff, but this incident may have saved me from a serious crash. I believe in guardian angels, but wonder why they had to throw a fire engine at me to get the message across. Perhaps they wanted to make quite sure!

Josh :luvlove:

oohh myyy ggoodddd

the pain in my lungs is getting worse! I can breathe ok, but so painful when I do

Jazz,, I hope you are feeling a little better this morning, but I would get checked out anyway, even if it is just to put your mind at rest.

Josh :wub:

Back from hydrotherapy. Scoobs really enjoyed it today and his character came out to the chap today. Guess he's decided he may as well just be himself. Was really funny and the chap thinks he's fab. He remarked on how happy he is despite everything.

WTG Scoobs :wub:

I hope you are managing to chill out this weekend Michelle. :flowers:

Suzeanna, I had a stint of delivering flyers once too. Bloomin' nightmare! low letterboxes, high letterboxes, stiff, loose and broken letterboxes. Not to mention unidentified animals waiting behind the door to "snap" just when you had your fingers through. I only did it once :run4hills:

Bit scary Owl! I would have thought that the firemen would have stopped to help if they knew had done any damage? :flowers:

Had a good day yesterday, but tiring going here there and everywhere. I am so pleased with a marble hearth from Ebay. Brand new and for once, no one else bid on it, so it stayed at the starting price. Makes a change from the cracked tiles I had before. :blush:

also bought a new rug, but went for bold colours rather than neutral. I think I am getting used to it :cool02: Not so keen on the little tables, but I will live with them a while.

The ability garden was really good, and the opening ceremony went well. It's on an allotment site and has raised beds and level access. It also has a greenhouse and a seating and potting area. All the raised beds are "plots" and people are growing fruit and veg in them, alongside the "normal" allotment plots. What a great idea. :biggrin:

DSC_0209.jpg

0e7d7233.jpg

Met up with some other forum members, the chap (Nige) has a couple of plots on this allotment site and has helped set this up.

DSC_0207.jpg

Oh wow - the ability garden is absolutely blooming wonderful (blooming - geddit? OK I'll get my coat) A garden like that would suit me down to the ground.

Owl I suspect the firemen and women (I have to put that in because Ashley, a friend of the family, is a firewoman and gets fed up being called a fireMAN) won't pursue a claim.

Had a lovely sunny walk with the dogs. Have just fed and mulched some plants and watered the front garden plants with a proper watering can and everything. Not as easy as the hose but the plants prefer rain water and it's good exercise (plus I'm on a water meter so the rainwater is free).

Am having a pootle now before deciding what to do next. Back is killing me, not helped by period pain, so may not do much.

I have a line full of washing and the dogs are all chomping on lamb ribs.

The firefighters couldn't stop to help because they were on a call out with lights flashing and sirens, so the driver just took my numbers and buzzed off. He called my mobile as soon as they had dealt with the emergency, and reassured me that everything was sorted. I had been worried in case the delay cost lives.

I hope the fire service don't claim, as I have just changed my insurance and got a good deal thanks to many years with no claims. I'd look a bit silly!

Glad you are feeling better, Jazz. I have also been to a car boot sale this morning and got veg and cheese for bargainous prices. It was sunny but so cold I bought a woolly hat there as ears freezing.

The firefighters couldn't stop to help because they were on a call out with lights flashing and sirens, so the driver just took my numbers and buzzed off. He called my mobile as soon as they had dealt with the emergency, and reassured me that everything was sorted. I had been worried in case the delay cost lives.

I hope the fire service don't claim, as I have just changed my insurance and got a good deal thanks to many years with no claims. I'd look a bit silly!

Sounds like it's probably sorted then. :flowers:

Glad you're feeling better Jazz :flowers:

Enjoy a bit of R&R Alex, you've earned it. :flowers:

Funny how one job can lead to having a mass clear out! Bought six new bamboo blinds for the conservatory, took the old ones off, then took all furniture outside, cleaned all the cane furniture and covers, put the seedlings in the polytunnel, cleaned the window frames, glass and floors. Then sorted the dogs toys and got rid of accumulated junk and newspapers. Keith hung the new blinds and then we put everything back and I planted some more seeds. In between that, got lots of other washing on the line. It looks so tidy now, but we're worn out. Haven't even started on the house :huh: